Tool might eventually release a new album someday

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Fine.

I’d rather like the Tool album and have new Tool to listen to than not.

None of it matters anyway. We’re all going to die one day.

Don't be mist.

Just pointing those things out, not trying to disparage you with it.

My presentation is a bit abrasive.

I’m actually surprised at that but it’s true. NIN’s most recent tour had them in mid sized venues that didn’t completely sell out, meanwhile Tool sold out arenas in minutes.

I would have thought the reverse but here we are.

I guess it’s just hard to be a fan of two bands famous for insufferable fans 😂😂😂

2???

Aren't you the U2 guy?... Lol

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
yeah IDK how but 20 years ago NIN and Tool were about on the same level, but now despite Trent Reznor getting his shit together and actually putting out a decent amount of music without taking years to finish it (The Fragile was so good tho), there aren't that many NIN fans, and Tool hadn't put out anything in 15 years but their fans were still legion. makes little sense haha.

Tool is our Pink Floyd

At least that's how I've always felt about it

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Don't be mist.

2???

Aren't you the U2 guy?... Lol

LOL I like a lot of bands that were at one time "alternative" in the 80s and 90s but are now popular.

Tool used to be alternative metal, now they have a #1 album...shits weird.

I got labeled as the U2 guy because I went and saw a couple shows which Flanderized me into the U2 guy.

I'm going to see KISS on Thursday and I saw Korn and Alice in Chains and The Cure a week ago...I see a lot of shows.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
yeah IDK how but 20 years ago NIN and Tool were about on the same level, but now despite Trent Reznor getting his shit together and actually putting out a decent amount of music without taking years to finish it (The Fragile was so good tho), there aren't that many NIN fans, and Tool hadn't put out anything in 15 years but their fans were still legion. makes little sense haha.

He's doing a lot of movie scores now a la Danny Elfman of Oingo Boingo fame.

TR doing a Pixar film of all things.

Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross Scoring New Pixar Movie Soul | Pitchfork

• 1Like

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Don't be mist.

Also: this was more or less what I was going for (stolen from SS):

1567991323988-png.222252

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Also: this was more or less what I was going for (stolen from SS):

1567991323988-png.222252

There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Here is Tom w/ the weather.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Every band has fans like that. The super fan that has multiple Tool tattoos. The type of fan who's identity is: Tool is my favorite band in the world. When I go to shows and meet them I just feel sorry for how uninteresting their lives are that the only thing that matters is their favorite band. And this is coming from someone that really likes music and live music. It's really weird and kind of sad.

The band I listen to more than anyone else is probably NIN. I've seen them 6 times. I have two gig posters hanging in my office. I've met people at shows with over 100+ shows and will buy every single gig poster to keep in a portfolio under the bed. The type of people that buy every iteration of Pretty Hate Machine because they have to have the UK/Japanese/Indian version of the same exact CD. I'm 100% sure the same thing exists for Tool, Bruce Springsteen, Taylor Swift, etc.

I'm not one of those fans. All I'm saying is that this album isn't as bad as I initially thought, but that's not saying it's as good as I had hoped for. But I do enjoy it and it gets better with each listening. But no one would ever convince me that The Slip is a good NIN album and I'm not trying to convince anyone else that FI is a good Tool album. It's just not bad.
Don't lie. You do exactly what you described for U2

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm just not seeing it for old rockers

Not like it's Clapton

Clapton is quite possibly the most overrated guitar player of all time. Dude built a reputation as a guitar god by playing standard blues 101 licks. I don't get it. He's not even the best guitar player on his best album (Derek & The Dominoes). Of the three Yardbirds OGs (Beck, Clapton, Page) he's definitely the worst.

I've never done it, but I've always been curious about watching a show from behind the stage, with how open the stages are, you can almost get a band's eye view. I kind of like the idea of watching the crowd.

The bigger issue for me with that seating would be the sound.

I spend a lot of money on concerts and I've just grown immune to it. I always go with friends and use it as a chance to rekindle old relationships and live out some nostalgia. Going with my elementary school buddy to this one, didn't give a shit the cost. We'll enjoy ourselves for sure.

I wish it wasn't so expensive, but paying for an experience doesn't bother me as much as paying for half the other shit I have to pay for in my life LOL!

I sat behind the band for a Phish show once and it was amazing. They had dumps pointing behind the stage for those folks so the sound was actually amazing. And seeing the lights over the crowd was a very different visual experience.

• 3Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I dunno man, this forum loves to hate on the old legendary people and groups. Some douche bag on another thread was talking about how over rated the Beatles are. Clapton was revered by everyone from EVH to Diane Allman and basically anyone that picked up a guitar during or after him. Clapton is an amazing guitar player and an even better song writer and his doesn’t let his guitar ego get in the way. They’re are tons of people that can play faster than Clapton but who gives a fuck? And Jimmy Page is another guitar god but Jesus, he’s one of the sloppiest guitar players around.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Lol I mean seriously, it’s almost as ridiculous as saying Robert Johnson, Chet Atkins or Chuck Berry are over rated at this point lol

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
I agree with Alex. Tell me the last time you heard a guitar player talk about how great Clapton is. And I mean one that has been playing more than five months.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I dunno man, this forum loves to hate on the old legendary people and groups. Some douche bag on another thread was talking about how over rated the Beatles are. Clapton was revered by everyone from EVH to Diane Allman and basically anyone that picked up a guitar during or after him. Clapton is an amazing guitar player and an even better song writer and his doesn’t let his guitar ego get in the way. They’re are tons of people that can play faster than Clapton but who gives a fuck? And Jimmy Page is another guitar god but Jesus, he’s one of the sloppiest guitar players around.

Yes Page was a sloppy mofo but I still rate him vastly higher than Clapton. Too many timeless riffs and solos. Even during Clapton's hey-day there was Hendrix, Steve Howe, Ritchie Blackmore, Duane Allman, Robert Fripp.

Anyway, just a pet peeve of mine whenever anyone talks really highly of Clapton. He's not all that.

• 2Like

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Yes Page was a sloppy mofo but I still rate him vastly higher than Clapton. Too many timeless riffs and solos. Even during Clapton's hey-day there was Hendrix, Steve Howe, Ritchie Blackmore, Duane Allman, Robert Fripp.

Anyway, just a pet peeve of mine whenever anyone talks really highly of Clapton. He's not all that.
I guess I agree and disagree with you. Clapton was in a handful of the best guitar players on the planet In the mid 60’s. He stayed relevant in the 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s with his song writing. I absolutely love his 70’s albums. What I admire most in his later years is his humility and respect for the players that came both before and after him. The guy tried to spread awareness of the players he learned from like Robert Johnson, BB King, Big Bill Bronzy, Elmore James, JJ Cale etc and spoke very highly of and even gave opportunities to players that came after him like Duane Allman, Derek Trucks, John Mayer, SRV, Mark Knopfler. The list of what this guy has done for music is endless.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I agree with Alex. Tell me the last time you heard a guitar player talk about how great Clapton is. And I mean one that has been playing more than five months.

this^

everyone i know that rates Clapton as Top 5 or whatever either doesn't play guitar at all or owns one but barely understands how to play it past reading really basic tablature...

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
question -- for how many of you is this the first new album you listened to this year?

• 1Salty

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>

Fripp was so boss.

• 1Solidarity