Tool might eventually release a new album someday

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
AngryGerbil AngryGerbil Would it be incorrect to say your biggest gripe with the new album is the content of the lyrics (as opposed to the melodies or styles in which the lyrics are sung)? Or are you equally disappointed in the music as well?

I know you aren’t asking me but my disappointment is the delivery of the lyrics. They are known for build ups and angry releases and this album just never delivers it. The music itself is good, the drumming very technical, but you just never get that “fuck yeah angry” moment from it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
AngryGerbil AngryGerbil Would it be incorrect to say your biggest gripe with the new album is the content of the lyrics (as opposed to the melodies or styles in which the lyrics are sung)? Or are you equally disappointed in the music as well?

Mostly the music and the lack of singing. The lyric themes are annoying as well.

I'm not kidding when I say that the lyric "I can say what I want to, go fuck yourself" is more intelligent and engaging and (these days particularly) more poigniant than "We are all one spark".

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I know you aren’t asking me but my disappointment is the delivery of the lyrics. They are known for build ups and angry releases and this album just never delivers it. The music itself is good, the drumming very technical, but you just never get that “fuck yeah angry” moment from it.

This is the biggest thing for me. It's like 80 minutes of dick teasing and then no climax.

• 1Solidarity

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Fear Inoculum is to Tool what JJ Abrams is to Star Wars.

Competently made, well put-together, high production value, done properly, worth every penny, will make lots of money, will be praised from on top the highest mountain, done by the numbers, and completely lacks any soul.

• 1Like

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Mind you, I didn't want to compare Fear to The Prequels. I won't and cannot honestly go that far. I will criticize but I won't lie.

Fear looks like Tool, sounds like Tool, and IS Tool, but somehow is just not Tool. Same as Episode 7.

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Alright then, picture this if you will:
10 to 2 AM, X, Yogi DMT, and a box of Krispy Kremes, in my "need to know" pose, just outside of Area 51.
Contemplating the whole "chosen people" thing with just a flaming stealth banana split the sky like one would hope but never really expect to see in a place like this.
Cutting right angle donuts on a dime and stopping right at my Birkenstocks, and me yelping...
Holy fucking shit!

Then the X-Files being, looking like some kind of blue-green Jackie Chan with Isabella Rossellini lips and breath that reeked of vanilla Chig Champa,
Did a slow-mo Matrix descent out of the butt end of the banana vessel and hovered above my bug-eyes, my gaping jaw, and my sweaty L. Ron Hubbard upper lip and all I could think was: "I hope Uncle Martin here doesn't notice that I pissed my fuckin' pants."

TOOL Pumpkin.jpg

• 1Solidarity

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Jus got back from the show.

Best tool show ive ever seen and that was also said by everyone standing around us as we left including my friends.

Maynard of course just stayed in the back doing MMA stances (not joking) letting the rest of the band have the spotlight.

The visuals and light show were truly some of the best I’ve ever seen. The show was a 10/10.

At the end of the show he did ask all of us to break out our phones for Stinkfist to rapturous applause.
D835EB95-68C0-43F9-B53E-5D1F272FBD16.jpeg

• 5Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Thorpe

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was lucky enough to see them in Philadelphia, Brooklyn and Atlantic City.

The set list didn't change much between shows, but that didn't matter. Top notch production all around, as expected.

Danny Carey stole the show all three nights. Hearing Swamp Song live was a treat. They hadn't played it live since 2007.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Finally got them back from the framer, I am extremely pleased with work, cost a little more than $500 which isn't terrible considering what I wanted done. Alex Grey sig in the Middle side will be showing %90 time but if I wanna show it off I can. I was so excited when I got that call letting me know it was finished. 99% UV protected museum glass which added quite a bit to price, but totally work and I need to money cause I was out Wednesday until this past Monday with the flu, when I got this I saidi "let's suck this weeks dick!"

86717451_10157793864981138_6390814493525409792_n.jpg
86347904_10157793864936138_5934204279630856192_n.jpg

Last edited:
  • 6Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Getting VIP Package for Charlotte, I know it is expensive but you only live once mother fuckers. Still have 4 doses of my friend Lucy too!

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Have you guys checked out the new Korn Album yet?
Balls as fuck since he just had his Wife die.

ill check into it. He's underrated because of the genre he's associated with was rejected by critics from day one in the 1990's, but he's up there with the best creators and voices.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Tickets went on sale today and could have gotten some but ultimately decided to pass. Almost as expensive as Rage Against the Machine which is silly. And I'll hear the same songs I've been hearing the past 15 years at their shows with some new stuff added in. Which is mostly pretty lame. My Tool seeing days might be behind me.

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Tickets went on sale today and could have gotten some but ultimately decided to pass. Almost as expensive as Rage Against the Machine which is silly. And I'll hear the same songs I've been hearing the past 15 years at their shows with some new stuff added in. Which is mostly pretty lame. My Tool seeing days might be behind me.
Lucky you, but you live in a spot almost all artist visit. Nobody ever comes to Charleston, SC. So my TOOL seeing days are not over until April 21st of this year. Although I have been blessed to see who I have seen, being to Bonnaroo 3x back in early-mid 2000's and more etc.

• 1Like

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Hey, does anybody have some more information about the VIP experience? I have a ticket for VIP experience for April 21st, I was told the seating was first come first serve and not to arrive before 12pm but lines can start before that? If so I will be in that line at 10AM or earlier. I figured I would get an email the closer the date gets.

Thank you,
KRA!!

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Forgot to post my poster I got framed for y'all too check out. Actually looks pretty cool with Tokyo settings on with my Phillips hue lights, not quite like it would with a black light though.
20200311_163528.jpg
20200311_163645.jpg
20200311_163826.jpg
20200311_190842.jpg
20200311_190855.jpg

• 1Like

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Those balls are wracked incorrectly.
Honestly, I was told it doesn't matter in a tournament as long as the 8 ball is in the middle. I always do 1,9,2,10,3,11,4,12,5,13,,6,14,7,15,8. But my uncle that plays professional says in tournaments it does not matter as long as that 8 is third row middle. So if it doesn't matter I always rack like ^^^^^^^^

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Back corners should always be opposite because they're most likely to go in on the break. Gives your opponent an even greater advantage on the break. Never rack like that.

• 1Like