Top Chef - Seattle

Pizoi

Golden Squire
I was honestly expecting them to cheesedick the voting to guarantee a dessert round like so many other shows would have done. That's really the only positive thing I can say about the format though. Making it to the finale and having the possibility of losing because your "sous chef" burnt the shit out of your pigs ears just doesn't work for this show. If they had allowed the chefs to bring their own sous chefs from their restaurants I might not have complained as much, but it was just a bad idea.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
I was honestly expecting them to cheesedick the voting to guarantee a dessert round like so many other shows would have done. That's really the only positive thing I can say about the format though. Making it to the finale and having the possibility of losing because your "sous chef" burnt the shit out of your pigs ears just doesn't work for this show. If they had allowed the chefs to bring their own sous chefs from their restaurants I might not have complained as much, but it was just a bad idea.
Yeah, if I were in that situation I'd refuse to do it if I couldn't bring in my own guys. My main point would be that the contestants that had lost have no vested interest in helping me win, or even trying, while I know I could count on my guys to do everything they could for the win

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Worst finale I've ever seen. Just got around to watching it - Why in gods name would they totally revamp the format to this live "Generic cooking show on Fox" format? It was unwatchable and made me glad I torrented it so I could fast forward. Hope this was a one off and they kill it for the next season, as it didn't translate well to tv.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Brooke asked CJ to cook the pig ears that way as she wanted them crunchy, it wasn't CJ fucking up.

And yeah, the finale was bad but then again I don't think either chef really stood out in comparing it to the other previous winners. I liked Sheldon but he was a one note wonder and would have never made a final 3 just a couple of years ago.

spronk

FPS noob
which is ironic because when sheldon tries to expand past his "hawaii/filipino" background into "fine dining cuisine" (aka quail) he gets slammed hard for not "cooking his way"

they have been shooting top chef masters the past month in LA, and supposedly one of the voltaggios is a contestant. that'd be pretty cool. I think top chef desserts also has been cancelled, but they did film top chef junior (ugh) so who knows when that will air.

I think top chef desserts also has been cancelled, but they did film top chef junior (ugh) so who knows when that will air.
god I hope so, it was a giant angry homo dramafest, and as much as I love desert, it was always hard to imagine what those concoctions would taste like.