Topeka thru Junction City Kansas

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Looking at flying into Kansas to buy a used motorcycled and ride it back to Colorado.

Anyone particularly familiar with the area? Dillema is a flight to topeka is dirt cheap but then trying to get 2 hours west without being a fortune on a cab. I'm leery of trusting a craigslist arrangement. I think sadly my best bet is a small budget moving truck if I can 1 way it there may be cheaper than a rental car. (Since I'm riding the bike back home, returning a vehicle back east another 2 hours isn't much of an option. Even if using a truck I'd rather not tie down the bike and run it all over before starting the long 8+ hour ride home will be rough enough.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Too bad you aren't coming from DFW or Chicago, otherwise you might be able to fly straight into Manhattan. Not sure if it's worth doing something like Denver to Ohare/DFW then on to Manhattan.

From there it's only like 15-20m to Junktown, depending on where you need to go.

There's also a Greyround station in Junction City; I took it a couple of times when I was stationed at Riley. Looks like it's about $30 to take Greyhound from Topeka to Junction City. No idea how close that would be to where you need to be in town. Worst case scenario, taxi from that point?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user