Torchlight 2

earthfell

Golden Knight of the Realm
Beat the game last week! Just farming through NG+ so I can get some twink gear for my embermage.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
My friend just mentioned this game to me this weekend so I just picked up the demo.

WTF this game is awesome.

Valdraxx_sl

shitlord
Awesome Game! Got to New game ++++ with an Engineer. Thinking about starting an Embermage (Frost focused) or Berzerker next.

Orange_sl

shitlord
Multiplayer will extend it's shelf life for you quite a bit.

I loved the shit out of this game and put a good 60 hours into it before my interest dropped off like a hot rock. I'll pick it up again if they ever add any content/classes.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
They released a podcast before Christmas where they said that the editor is taking so long because they want to let people play with each other and not break the game while doing so thanks to different mods. That's pretty much the point of modding in the first place, to change the game into something that is not compatible with the vanilla game.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is it me or is the multiplayer finding/grouping system utter shit? I feel like if joining others was as simple as in D3 I'd be totally hooked on this game.

Also, playing solo I seem to start to get my ass handed to me after the first few zones playing on veteran. Joining groups on the hardest setting has been an exercise in futility as well. I guess I should just do a solo playthrough on normal first? Seems like it would be most fun if I had a known static crew to play with.

Caliane

no. it is.

I'm preferring PoE LARGELY due to Torchlights mp grouping being ass. I'm not sure why they are dragging their feet with these poor MP designs. From what I can tell, the guys here are the ones that designed D2's battlenet in the first place.

boozebagbeefhole

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is it me or is the multiplayer finding/grouping system utter shit? I feel like if joining others was as simple as in D3 I'd be totally hooked on this game.

Also, playing solo I seem to start to get my ass handed to me after the first few zones playing on veteran. Joining groups on the hardest setting has been an exercise in futility as well. I guess I should just do a solo playthrough on normal first? Seems like it would be most fun if I had a known static crew to play with.
So you can always just create an online game and change the hardness setting to normal. I bought the four pack on steam for me and my roomates at christmas and after starting a veteran game and raping face then hit the third act and we kept getting rolled. We found out we could start an the game at the easier mode.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
I guess not a lot of people play on Elite anymore? Used to be a fair number of games when it first launched. Had some people act all surprised when they joined my game and kept dying. I am playing an EmbergineerT so that's halfway to cheating right there. Although those early levels were a real bitch.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Huge patched released yesterday with almost no hype:http://www.torchlight2game.com/news/2013/04/01/guts/
Steam workshop released, modding tools, mod management, wiki -http://docs.runicgames.com/wiki/Main_Page

New Content for Everyone

We've been working on lots of new content! Here is a taste of what awaits you ...

The NetherRealm tileset - new NetherRealm dungeons can be found via portals throughout the world
New Monsters
New armor sets
New weapons
New pets - including the Headcrab!
New endgame map content
Additional dungeons can be found throughout the overworld in New Game Plus modes
Now I need someone to remake Eastern Sun or Median XL in Torchlight 2 engine and I don't need any new games for the rest of the year.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Whoa that is a pretty feature rich modding kit. I'll be anxious to see what people come up with given that toolset.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I'm tempted to try my hand at some modding, mostly to cut down on some of the clutter and changing a few mechanics, but I have no idea how hard it would be.

-resists changed to D2 model instead of the dumb armors
-make the game scale over 2 playthroughs or 3 faster playthroughs
-change the way the game generates items to roll from smaller pool of mods at the start
-rework stats to make them more obvious or change abilities to make more use of them
-make skills unlock over the first ~20 levels
-make the item mods less wordy - % increase to magic finding luck = % magic find

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Sheeeeeeeet, may have to build a questline, dungeon etc.

Wonder if I can automate friendly npcs to perform actions...

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
It's very cool these dudes are still supporting the game. Didn't really play after I beat it, but it will be cool to see what else Runic ends up putting out after TL.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Meh, they said the mod tools were almost ready and would be released soon after launch. Their definition of soon makes even valve ashamed, like how they released their game 1.5years after the first release date ^^. I mean they're doing a good job but fuck are they slow. Hopefully though bunch of people are still interested enough in modding this to be better, mostly class mods. I tried Synergy for a bit before the patch but there's a lot of things I hope they'll do better now that they have the full mod tools.

I think one of the shittiest aspect of this game and the mod I'd get on any new char is a vendor for DR% gem or something similar. DR% was way way too important in this game on elite, it's a shame. It's even more a shame because you can't even farm the higher lvl DR% gems because they're fucking lvl 50-60 so you outlvl the maps at some point, plus they're random world drop so that's really fucking stupid. Can farm the lower level ones but it's boring as all hell, since they drop off the first boss in the game.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I was a spider mines engi so all I did was get pet damage% stuff. So I'd just farm the gem that drops off whatever bandit boss and then get the minecraft sword and I was good to go.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is there any reason for someone who doesn't view D3 as a catastrophic failure and even still enjoys playing it from time to time to buy TL2? I got a free $10 gift card, it was on sale for $10 yesterday, I placed it in my cart and was about to buy it, essentially for free, when I realized when would I ever play this game?

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just don't have the mindset to play these games over and over and over and over and.... So I got my initial playthrough on veteran, did a couple of mapworks maps (till I realized they were just recycling bosses I'd already beaten), and I was done.

As such, I can't speak for NG+, or the lvls between 65 and 100; but as a chaos wand build embermage, the only things that mattered to me on gear was having a high DPS wand (or one with lots of "conveys X damage over Y") to power lava lance and the ice crystal shotgun and focus. Hell, I could have only used lava lance and passives the entire game too.

The lack of deep respecing (without breaking out the cheater potions) actually promotes that passive heavy style of gameplay. Since most of the active talents go through some major changes on their milestones, you might want to TRY one of the seemingly lackluster talents in the hopes that it fits your needs better later. If you're wrong, you just gimped yourself.

So making all the stats matter more is certainly viable, or adding some sort of customization machine (no, enchanting random additional abilities is not what I'm fucking talking about) where you add/remove specific stats (or steal/swap them off of other items, or whatever) on/off of gear.

I wanted to care about item sets, but after getting str or dex or other "useless" stats on sets that were clearly caster orientated a couple of times, I just said fuck it. In a way, it's very WoW1.0 Sure you can wear the set, or you can wear green "of the <plus damage type here>" and be X times more effective.