Torrents

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Need to grab an IPT invite if someone can spare one, let mine stay dormant too long.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I haven't torrented in 4 years.

How do I torrent these days? Preferably without getting caught, and in large volumes.

I want to watch this fucking disaster of Game of Thrones S8, and catch up on 4 years of movies and TV shows.

PS: I can linux the shit out of shit so if I need a shell account in Bangladesh or some shit, I can handle it.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I would just wait until like late Sunday night or Monday and get the season pack on iptorrents, which will probably be a free leach

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I think it's time I got back into this game. I haven't torrented in probably over 5 years now as I haven't had the need, I've just bought what I need the legit way, but now I've found that a lot of what I want is blocked by region, or only available via dodgy E-Bay sales.

So, can anyone tell me what programs to use now (I used to be a fan of uTorrent or MicroTorrent or however you call it), and also point me to any guides to keep bad people at bay? Although to be honest what I want is mostly old stuff no longer available to buy so I doubt Hollywood would go after me, still, better to be safe. Also, if anyone has any invitations to some good sites, that would be great.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
The big thing now is to use a VPN when torrenting so you don’t get angry letters from your ISP

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
The big new thing to avoid angry DMCA notes is the same as the old thing...Newsgroups! It is stupid cheap to do them these days and the automation is excellent.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I think it's time I got back into this game. I haven't torrented in probably over 5 years now as I haven't had the need, I've just bought what I need the legit way, but now I've found that a lot of what I want is blocked by region, or only available via dodgy E-Bay sales.

So, can anyone tell me what programs to use now (I used to be a fan of uTorrent or MicroTorrent or however you call it), and also point me to any guides to keep bad people at bay? Although to be honest what I want is mostly old stuff no longer available to buy so I doubt Hollywood would go after me, still, better to be safe. Also, if anyone has any invitations to some good sites, that would be great.

The only acceptable utorrent version is 2.2.1 on 99% of sites as the newer versions are spyware riddled cryptominers or report bad stats. So don't download any version apart from that one.

Also if you need 2.2.1 for some reason you need to manually fix a couple of vulnerabilities - disable webui and then set net.discoverable to false in settings.

Probably worth using a VPN as you can snag some sweet deals for 12 months +. Anyone like torguard, pia, nord etc should be fine.

If you want old stuff ipt is probably a good place to start as it's got alot of general stuff on it.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

Use private trackers. I use exclusively iptorrent and in 5 years I've received 0 from Comcast/Hollywood. I download a shit ton of shows and movies.

I should switch to newsgroups though

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>

3 options will cost you time and/or money

1. newsgroups - pay, usenet charges
2. private trackers - get invites, keep good u/d ratio, must have unlimited internet or get seedbox
3. public trackers - must get vpn

i use option 3, qbittorrent is the new hotness everyone uses.

for vpns i've tried a few, so far i'm sticking with torguard.net, if you want to use them i made a coupon "foh" should be 50% off, idk (so it should be 30bucks) (before that i used ipvanish, b4 that, i forget but you kinda gotta make sure the vpn company is truly offshore, doesn't keep logs, fast servers, yada yada)

it's all easy now, just use the SOCKS5 settings in qbittorent, and whenever you're torrenting it'll use the vpn, you don't have to run an external vpn program before you nab a torrent, or you forget to run it, basically whenever you nab a torrent it runs, you enter it in here in connections
086a118a9088e690044c8891a6c627ef.png

(obviously i hid user/pass)

then you just goto
Check My Torrent IP | Proxy & VPN Verification | TorGuard

download the torrent and in a minute it'll pop up the ipaddress/vpn it's showing (it should NOT be your ip address obvious, which you would check with whatsmyip.org)

and then go ham

btw if you've been out the game for a while, you don't download torrents anymore really, you can, but theres also the option for magnet torrent, which is just a relative link to the torrent
basically you click the magnet download link/icon
e25ffc8b1b926ba053f8558d4400aa3f.png

and qbittorent should open up automatically (or it'll ask if you want to assocciate .magnet files with it)

or just associate it within the program itself, in behaviors
f32dca3eb7076eddf38d827823826db5.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Nzb matrix? There was a number of replacements that sprung up that are just as good.

Yeah it was always too complicated so I went back to torrents and a seed box. Stopped paying for the seed box as wasn't using it enough

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I use qBittorrent... Passthepopcorn, nyaa and eztv for everything.

Don't really pirate games much anymore though.

sole

Molten Core Raider
I've been using Whatbox for a couple of years now; they offer 3 different paid packages I believe ($15 the lowest?) for seedbox and you can use their VPN as well as their SFTP. Just upgraded my internet from 50mbps to 400mbps, might go for a gig but I'm flying on 400mbps, going ham on some 4k HDR movies. Out in the boonies too. Feels good fellas.

I have like 30 IPT invites and maybe a few Torrentleech invites, I'll have to check on those. Just PM if anybody needs an IPT.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Jesus, Newsgroups still exist? I thought they died in the 90s! Man, it sure as hell as become more complicated to torrent these past few years. I was only looking to nab some ass old shows that you can't buy any more, so paying for a VPN is almost not worth it. Still, I might look into it. Thanks for the answers!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
NZBGeek is just as good as NZBMatrix ever was except for games. Also, there are so many low cost unlimited providers now that the cost is less than a cup of Starbucks a month.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
NZBGeek is just as good as NZBMatrix ever was except for games. Also, there are so many low cost unlimited providers now that the cost is less than a cup of Starbucks a month.
I've heard NZB Geek was pretty good. I ended up on a long time ago nzb.su , and has worked pretty well. I kinda feel like they all work off the same database.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user