Torrents

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Sometimes the Proper is pretty minor and unless you read an nfo somewhere you'd never know what the issue was. But if there is something wrong with it, someone, somewhere, will complain about it (shocking, I know!), and eventually another version will come out if the show is popular enough.

If it isn't that, I don't really know what it could be.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Hmm, well if that is indeed the case, you said there is a way to turn that off? I am not home now, but can look at the options when I get home this afternoon.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
What clients are yall running? Been sticking with uTorrent 2.2.1 since the whole embedded bitcoin miner thing but there's gotta be something better by now

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I was using Deluge for a while, but one day I suddenly couldn't get shit for ratio with it. I tried fiddling with all the settings, and nothing ever changed. I went over to Qbittorrent, and so far it seems to be working quite well.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Hmm, well if that is indeed the case, you said there is a way to turn that off? I am not home now, but can look at the options when I get home this afternoon.
I'm at work also so can't look, but I'm fairly certain it is there. I'm west coast so chances are you'll be looking at the same time as me or earlier, but if you can't find it let me know and I'll look.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Found it pretty easy. The setting says "Download Propers". I set that to no, so hopefully that fixes it.

Thanks!

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Sonarr with defaults still work (Nyaa, Rarbg), Bit Che for what is missing later with Transmission. Rarely needed but havent been watching as close. Couch Potato never really worked that great, seems to need to be restarted too much to give it a kick.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Alright, I lied. Even with switching to qBittorent I can't get shit for upload ratio. Is there some kind of setting or something that I can adjust that I am just not aware of. I know my internet speed isn't the problem (at least it hasn't been in the past). I currently have 250 down 15 up, so I can't imagine that is the issue.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I think your internet speed is an issue but not in the way you think.

There are so many automated clients out there grabbing stuff from torrent sites before you can get to it and seeding it at a very high speed from a seedbox that everyone defaults to those connections.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I totally get that, but I used to get ratio with little to no trouble. It was literally almost overnight where it stopped working. My brother in law who lives right down the street from me has the same ISP, nearly same setup in every way, but his ratio is 3-4 with new shows no problem.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Well shit, that is the total opposite of the answer I was looking for sir!

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
The only thing I could think of, which probably isn't it, is that maybe you have too many torrents going at once? Maybe if you limit the number of uploads it will allow them to be faster and compete with all the seedboxes? If you have a ton of them uploading at once, most of them are going to be pretty slow, and they'll just be dropped in favor of the faster ones.

Like I said, probably not it, but like a_skeleton_03 I can't think of anything else. Well, assuming your port is forwarded properly, but if you've made it this far I'm assuming that is all squared away.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I don't think it is the number of uploads. I rarely have more than 5 going at a time, and that hasn't ever been a problem in the past.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Same thing happened to me, but it was coupled with a internet service change from 30up , to like 5-10 up, so I knew that was it. I just couldn't compete anymore. I still get some upload using Deluge, but it's nothing like it used to be. I used to sit on Sunday nights, refreshing to snag the GoT as fast as I could, so I could soak up that ratio, and even that didn't help me anymore. Sad times. :(