Torrents

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I know Pandora doesn't, but does Spotify let you play exactly the songs you want? That, lack of obscure content, and lack of unlimited data on my phone, has always been the stumbling block. But if they let me play King Diamond's Nuns Have No Fun whenever I want, then I'll look into it.

I'll still keep my What.CD account though, since I have huge ratio there.

galgor

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Lots of reasons. Some people are broke. Others prefer higher quality rips for archiving or audio gear. Some want MP3's for their mobile devices to save on data streaming. The list goes on...

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I know Pandora doesn't, but does Spotify let you play exactly the songs you want? That, lack of obscure content, and lack of unlimited data on my phone, has always been the stumbling block. But if they let me play King Diamond's Nuns Have No Fun whenever I want, then I'll look into it.

I'll still keep my What.CD account though, since I have huge ratio there.
It does. Not sure how much obscure content it has, but it suits my needs just fine. You can make and publish publicly playlists as well, and then people can "follow" them. Neat feature because some playlists are pretty legit, and/or constantly updated and its user driven. Make a good one, or have a reason to keep updating it and you'll get more followers. Now it's not twitch, where they get paid to have more followers, but having a means for users to make content and get recognized is a nice feature. Spotify puts out their own play lists as well, but having some means of user driven content is neat.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Pretty sure you can make music playable offline too, so the data reasons aren't very legit.

galgor

Anyone have a PTP invite?
Not I. Wish I had one to pass along to you. But they are available (and I know this is a tall order) on the elite forums on What.cd, or the BTN invite forums.

PTP invites cost 750k points to buy through their store, which is pretty pricey. For comparison, seeding 300GB of stuff may yield around 5,000 points a day. That's approximately six months of seeding. The equation isn't that simple and points are dependent upon how well seeded the stuff is and how long you've been seeding it--but I'm just giving an approximate frame of reference. For me, I need to purchase upload credit to keep my ratio on par--so I don't really ever make any headway in the points department... sadly.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The dude on the BTN invite forum has not responded to my PM and I can't get on their IRC.

Yeah those requirements are almost as bad as BTN.

I have my 34TB server coloed on a 1 Gbps link right now and want a legit movie tracker.

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
I don't have one or I'd send it to you, but I got mine from the BTN invite forum - took a couple of days before I got a response.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'd give you one, but mine says, "Because the user limit has been reached you are unable to send invites at this time."

Sorry brosef
frown.png

galgor

You might check the invite thread, if I recall the OP says to message him again if you haven't heard back in a week. Though, waiting weeks for invites seems to be the new norm. Bleh.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Nice, grats man!

Tough to get much ratio early on, so if you've got the time try to jump on something hot the moment it hits. I mean, I know you know this already from all the other trackers you are on, just saying that this is one of the toughest ones around, maybe even tougher than What.CD, so wanted to give you a heads up is all.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
This bid was a minimum of 10 million points, you've got that sitting around? After buying a promotion no less? I'm only back up to 2 million after my Master promotion, and I keep stuff seeding for months.