Torrents

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
This bid was a minimum of 10 million points, you've got that sitting around? After buying a promotion no less? I'm only back up to 2 million after my Master promotion, and I keep stuff seeding for months.
I would have 7M after promotion and can generate 1M a month probably easily. I have 10M right now including some converted to lumens.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This bid was a minimum of 10 million points, you've got that sitting around? After buying a promotion no less? I'm only back up to 2 million after my Master promotion, and I keep stuff seeding for months.
I have about 115M points, but have been stuck on snatches for my Master upgrade. Seems like it has been broken for months now. I should have enough points for Overlord next year, but there's no way on earth to get the required snatches for that upgrade class.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Wow, I'm clearly doing something wrong! I thought having 600+ torrents seeding at all times, for months on end, was pretty good. End of season has fucked me on those 600+ right now, as 400'ish got deleted for packs, but still.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have quite a few big season packs, some with 5x multipliers. Lots of 2x+. Also a 300MB Fiber connection.

Again, the points are meaningless if you can't get the required snatches for Overlord. You have to be a regular uploader to make that happen.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally got my Master ranking on BTN. Looks like there's a few invites in the Lumens store.

rrr_img_135991.jpg

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
My snatches are still a touch low for master. I don't have quite enough lumen for an invite. The only one that I truly want to give one to is Harfle though so .... no rush!

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
So, is Anonamouse a good private tracker for audiobooks? Never used a private tracker before...what do you guys think is better, private trackers or newsgroups? (Haven't done newsgroups for about 10 years, heh, thinking of getting a sub though, I know they used to have everything under the sun.)

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
So, is Anonamouse a good private tracker for audiobooks? Never used a private tracker before...what do you guys think is better, private trackers or newsgroups? (Haven't done newsgroups for about 10 years, heh, thinking of getting a sub though, I know they used to have everything under the sun.)
I don't snatch any audiobooks myself but they seem to have a pretty good selection there. I can shoot you an invite for it if you want.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Sure, if you have one, would love to try it. I have a VPN, you need to a maintain a ratio on private sites right?
Yes, but this is one of the easiest. Just leave it seeding for a while and it generates bonus points. Each GB of credit is 500 bonus points. I currently have over 40GB of purchased credit and 50,000 bonus points, and I have downloaded (and admittedly left seeding for a couple years) a total of 61.25 MB....

So yeah, ratio is absolutely not a problem on that site.

Since this is your first one, the only thing you have to pay attention to on a private site, besides ratio, is logging into the actual webpage periodically. You could be seeding 50TB of torrents for them, but if you don't log in once in awhile they will almost all eventually suspend or delete your account.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Sure, if you have one, would love to try it. I have a VPN, you need to a maintain a ratio on private sites right?
Yeah you have to maintain ratio. It's been pretty stupid easy for me on this site though because ebook downloads are tiny and you can get so many bonus points to buy upload credit with. PM me your email and I'll send you the invite.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
Let me check when I get home I probably have spare invite for that and another evoke site.

galgor

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If anyone is looking for a comics tracker...

32P is opening an application process very temporarily. It's a gazelle-based ratioless tracker, and the userbase is solid.

https:[slash slash]32pag[dot]es/application.php

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
That's the new name for ComicBT, btw. Worth belonging to if you care about comics.

EDIT: I see now that the applications have been closed already, but according to the site it will open again on August 1st. So if you care, set a reminder. I'd offer to invite more people, but it seems that fully half of the people I've invited over the years are deadbeats and have suspended accounts for not logging in or bad ratio, so I don't have any right now to offer.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm curious what VPNs you guys would recommend. I hardly ever torrent anything and have never gotten a notice from my ISP, but I figure that it's only a matter of time. Ideally I'd want something that allows multiple devices so I can use it with my phone (android) and surface for using open wifi when needed.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I just use public sites since torrenting is pretty uncommon for me, but I'll keep that in mind. I don't do it nearly enough to maintain an a count at any private site, plus my upload is complete ass, so maintaining ratio would be hard.

PIA was one of the ones I was looking at, I was just unsure if they ban you for torrenting as I had heard some VPNs do that.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
PIA is the one I used before I got a seedbox. I still pay for it and use it occasionally for other things. Works great, and allows a couple of devices at a time if I remember correctly, including phones.