Torrents

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
ceb4a052c5d12bd5319c2b8c0b9675af.png

spurred on by this

cloud will start scanning hosted files

also, who the fuck uploads this shit to their google drive?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

Last edited:
  • 1Picard

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
ceb4a052c5d12bd5319c2b8c0b9675af.png

spurred on by this

cloud will start scanning hosted files

also, who the fuck uploads this shit to their google drive?
Google Drive is the fastest/easiest free hosting service out there and there were ways to get around the download caps (Mega may be as fast, but not as easy). So, people hosted a whole slew of pirate content there for a long while (no need need to worry about a VPN or getting a strongly worded letter).

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm
I managed to let my IP Torrents account expire. Anyone have an extra invite they don't passing out?

Alexzander

PM sent, thank you!

edit: got the invite, thank you

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
I managed to let my IP Torrents account expire. Anyone have an extra invite they don't passing out?
That drives me up the wall - I’ve had ridiculously good ratio on that site and life will get busy and they just close my account - even had that happen with an account I had initially donated on. Last time I made a point of visiting the site at least once a week - no warning just closed my account again.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
That drives me up the wall - I’ve had ridiculously good ratio on that site and life will get busy and they just close my account - even had that happen with an account I had initially donated on. Last time I made a point of visiting the site at least once a week - no warning just closed my account again.
thats how they get repeat customers...

Alexzander

It was annoying. My account was over 10 years old with a good ratio and lots of bonus points. It is what it is I guess.

November

Lord Nagafen Raider
If anyone has an invite to IPT, I'd be grateful. Got caught up with stuff and let a near decade old account drop.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
What are all the cool kids using as a home media server these days?

10 years ago I was messing with Plex servers, back when it was a desktop app. Now it looks like a web based app and I don't trust them to access my torrents.

I got a few terabytes of torrents I want to be able on any TV around my house that's connected to my wifi? . Any recommendations for a home media server? I would be using my win 10 desktop which is also my gaming rig and my torrent machine.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
What are all the cool kids using as a home media server these days?

10 years ago I was messing with Plex servers, back when it was a desktop app. Now it looks like a web based app and I don't trust them to access my torrents.

I got a few terabytes of torrents I want to be able on any TV around my house that's connected to my wifi? . Any recommendations for a home media server? I would be using my win 10 desktop which is also my gaming rig and my torrent machine.

I still use Plex. They have a desktop client in addition to the web based one. It supports more codecs than the browsers do, so I don't bother with the web version.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I still use Plex. They have a desktop client in addition to the web based one. It supports more codecs than the browsers do, so I don't bother with the web version.
Ah, nice. From what I read in the past day, all install guides made it sound like web version was the only one available. I'll try to find the desktop client.

Thanks Denamian Denamian

• 1Like