Total War series

bayr_sl

shitlord
Turning down SSAO would do nothing, the game is so insanely and inefficiently cpu bound you would probably get the same fps on an integrated gpu

Nutron_sl

shitlord
1680x1050, Extreme. Benchmark gave me 28 fps on average. During gameplay it's probably 20-30. Although I've seen it dip during massive charges. Pretty sure if I turn off SSAO or turn some things down, it could be even better but so far I find it very playable.
1900 x 1080 Here with everything on ultra, AA16 and every post processing shit enabled. Using a i7 2600k with a single gtx570 and get no lag whatsoever in battles, however I do see a tiny bit of a drop in the campaign map where things dont feel as smooth. Havent seen a drop in any of the battles even with full armies in sieges, etc..

Nutron_sl

shitlord
excellent. lets see photo.

not all of this thread needs to be a disaster
I will need 750$ wired to me to show you the photos. Sadly my uncle has been sick the past 3 months and I've had to pay for his healthcare by myself since he is so poor. That means I couldnt take care of my Kamera-phone which is now broken. Furthermor my computer at home finaly gave away and needs fixing to transfer the photos, private message me for wire transfer information where we can start our relationship and love long time.

Betsy, your internet gal.

Denaut

Trump's Staff
To me the biggest problem of this game really is just the pitiful AI... I haven't played a single challenging battle and I pumped it up to Legendary. Whenever the CPU attacks a city of mine, it doesnt matter if i have a full army or just the reserves or that the cpu brings 40 units, it will never win. It is just that bad, it will send everything to one door where 3 of your spearmen in a square formation can hold em off with 1-2 ranged units above destroy their entire army... It's just ridiculously bad. I very much hate the open battle objectives also, that's not total war to me :x

Shogun 2's ai at least won a few sieges when outnumbering me 3 to 1..
I jacked the Battle Difficulty (different than campaign difficulty) up to legendary, and battles are more difficult, but I still don't lose any, I just take a good chunk more casualties and lose the occasional unit. Are you playing as Rome? At this point I am not so sure that it is the AI. It does the right things, but my full veteran upgraded Roman units just stomp their faces into the dirt. Whenever I play skirmishes against the AI with evenly matched armies they win more often than not.

When I finish up this campaign I am going to try a legendary/legendary campaign using one of the "hard" factions and see how that goes. The battle difficulty setting matters quite a lot though. I went from losing like 100 units in a full stack battle to sometimes half my troops, and battles last twice as long now (from 4-5 minutes to 8-10 minutes). The slider is more about the stats than AI I think. Battles are still too short, Shogun 2 had the right speed if you ask me. I know a lot of people thought THEY were too short, but I thought they were just right.

Nutron_sl

shitlord
I jacked the Battle Difficulty (different than campaign difficulty) up to legendary, and battles are more difficult, but I still don't lose any, I just take a good chunk more casualties and lose the occasional unit. Are you playing as Rome? At this point I am not so sure that it is the AI. It does the right things, but my full veteran upgraded Roman units just stomp their faces into the dirt. Whenever I play skirmishes against the AI with evenly matched armies they win more often than not.

When I finish up this campaign I am going to try a legendary/legendary campaign using one of the "hard" factions and see how that goes. The battle difficulty setting matters quite a lot though. I went from losing like 100 units in a full stack battle to sometimes half my troops, and battles last twice as long now (from 4-5 minutes to 8-10 minutes). The slider is more about the stats than AI I think. Battles are still too short, Shogun 2 had the right speed if you ask me. I know a lot of people thought THEY were too short, but I thought they were just right.
Yes battles have been on legendary my whole playthroughs, first thing I changed. I played as Sparta, but it doesnt really matter, its about what the ai does. He's sieging my city with 2 full stacks of units, yet attacks ONE gate where i have 6 reserves...and just keeps sending one unit at a time while my 3 square pikement obliterate them with levies shooting on them from aboe the door...40 units slain that way.

Denaut

Trump's Staff
Yes battles have been on legendary my whole playthroughs, first thing I changed. I played as Sparta, but it doesnt really matter, its about what the ai does. He's sieging my city with 2 full stacks of units, yet attacks ONE gate where i have 6 reserves...and just keeps sending one unit at a time while my 3 square pikement obliterate them with levies shooting on them from aboe the door...40 units slain that way.
Gotcha.

I haven't been sieged, and the skirmish battles I played were normal land battles. Cities really seem to through the AI for a loop.

Nutron_sl

shitlord
Gotcha.

I haven't been sieged, and the skirmish battles I played were normal land battles. Cities really seem to through the AI for a loop.
It does fare better on normal battles, but anything involving an obstacle and it goes absolutely fucking retarded mode and 0 strategy. It's a bit sad because a game like this, the AI will make or break the entire experience and should be one of the main focus...games from paradox understand this and are awesome for it. Games like Civilization dont, fail and people stop playing them because the ai is dumb as nails.

Denaut

Trump's Staff
It does fare better on normal battles, but anything involving an obstacle and it goes absolutely fucking retarded mode and 0 strategy. It's a bit sad because a game like this, the AI will make or break the entire experience and should be one of the main focus...games from paradox understand this and are awesome for it. Games like Civilization dont, fail and people stop playing them because the ai is dumb as nails.
Let's hope it gets improved soon, as I love nearly everything they've changed with the game. At some point I'll do a full write up with what I like and why, what I don't like and why, and what just doesn't work right.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I will need 750$ wired to me to show you the photos. Sadly my uncle has been sick the past 3 months and I've had to pay for his healthcare by myself since he is so poor. That means I couldnt take care of my Kamera-phone which is now broken. Furthermor my computer at home finaly gave away and needs fixing to transfer the photos, private message me for wire transfer information where we can start our relationship and love long time.

Betsy, your internet gal.
Dear betsy, I am sorry to hear about your uncle. My uncle died not too long as well, so I know what you must be going through. I will send you the $750 but I need to know who I am sending it too. Please take a photo with a disposable camera and just mail the camera to me, I have PMed you my address information.

Your sugar Daddy, Dimitri.

Nutron_sl

shitlord
Dear betsy, I am sorry to hear about your uncle. My uncle died not too long as well, so I know what you must be going through. I will send you the $750 but I need to know who I am sending it too. Please take a photo with a disposable camera and just mail the camera to me, I have PMed you my address information.

Your sugar Daddy, Dimitri.
Hello dear Dimiti,

Unfortunately it is hard for me to purchase a camera in this country and without any money, please wire transfer 200$ so I may go buy a camera and ship to your country.

In your dreams always, Betsy.

Nutron_sl

shitlord
Aw shit apparently you can enter buildings in siege mode, this will be intresting once AI isnt incompetent
biggrin.png

http://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/com...uildings_with/

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The patch they put out today I believe seems to have doubled or almost tripled my frame rate average in the bench mark.

Looks about doubled. Thats with everything on ultra.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
Been playing a few hours, I do really like the trait shit you can toss to armies/generals.

Anyone found a way to check the age of Generals when recruiting a new one to replace a dead one? I no shit recruited a 72 year old general to replace my dead one, fucker lasted like 3 turns before he too died.

Also, is there a way to see how much "happiness" a city/province has? If I'm at 100, I can't see the +X thingy. I don't want to build something that gives -X without knowing how much + I have to offset.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I don't want to say the game is completely fixed, but the performance for me is indeed way way way up in battle and campaign maps with the patch. I turned everything all the way up and its giving me about 35 fps but its smooth, not sluggish or jerky or screen tears all over the place.

The patch today definitely helped me.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Stop shilling for this game Hodj. You are tempting me to buy it and I know its a bad idea.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Wait for the sale, but my biggest gripe was the sluggish bogged down feel of the campaign and battle maps, the sub par framerates and the like and I do think they cleared alot of that up today.

I played it all evening and except in the most busy of moments (full army marching in a packed city etc.) it was silky smooth, even if the actual FPS was about 35.

kidRiot_sl

shitlord
Glad I haven't bought a PC game for ages. It seems the norm to churn out half ass games, then slowly patch them because they realize customers won't stand for their bullshit...

And they still fuck it up.