Total War: Warhammer

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Randin

Trakanon Raider
In the basic Game 2 campaign, it'll just be those four races on the new map. A couple weeks after launch, they'll make available a new Grand Campaign with the maps from both games combined into one, with all the playable races on it. Of course, you'll need to have both games to use that one.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I will be sad if there's no Beastlord Rakarth or Shadowblade eventually.

I'm not sure how I feel about this being an entirely new game rather than DLC. I kinda wanted to play a Grand Campaign with every race represented.

Well there will certainly be more lords as DLC. They have said they still aren't done with DLC/FLC for the first game yet. Shit, Vampire Counts are currently at 5 fucking lords. Dwarves at 4, Greenskins at 4, Chaos at 3, Brettonia at 3, Empire at 3, Beastmen at 3, Wood Elves are probably just getting the 2 they have.

The only thing off about the announcement is I don't think anyone was expecting the Southlands, but I guess they wanted Skaven to have a "home", and for the Game 2 only map, Skavenblight won't be on it.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I haven't played the first one since release. Are there any expansions worth getting?

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well there will certainly be more lords as DLC. They have said they still aren't done with DLC/FLC for the first game yet. Shit, Vampire Counts are currently at 5 fucking lords. Dwarves at 4, Greenskins at 4, Chaos at 3, Brettonia at 3, Empire at 3, Beastmen at 3, Wood Elves are probably just getting the 2 they have.

The only thing off about the announcement is I don't think anyone was expecting the Southlands, but I guess they wanted Skaven to have a "home", and for the Game 2 only map, Skavenblight won't be on it.

Where did you see that there would be more released for the first game? It sounded like Bretonnia was the last part of the game 1, and now they are putting all efforts toward game 2.

So I haven't played the first one since release. Are there any expansions worth getting?

You can see all the other factions in action, as well as play Brettonia for free, to get a little bit of a feel for the new DLCs. The Wood Elves and Beastmen add mini-campaign modes that may be of interest, but I dont think they are worth the price tag.

You could give some mods a shot, there looks to be a whole slew of them. I have only tried one mod set so far, and that was Steel Faith Overhaul Mod; it changed things just enough to make the game interesting again. Here is the thread I used to get started on Mod recommendations:
[Warhammer] What mods do you swear by? • r/totalwar

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
CA released a picture when the game released, teasing all the free content. The last one, which they named "An Old Friend" is still to come. They have also stated on their own forums that due to the positive reception of the DLC they are considering doing another small one before the second game releases. Nothing large like a race pack, possibly just another Legendary Lord.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shmoopy

Buddy and I continuing our Bretonnia and Empire Grand Campaign. We just coordinated to wipe out the Vampires. Chaos is just now showing up.
  • Cannot overemphasize how good this game is coop. Fielding two armies of 500 dudes each with siege equipment vs. a massive horde of Vampires is pretty amazing.
  • Ultrawide resolution really shines here.
If anyone is on the fence about buying this #JustDoIt.

Untitled-1.jpg

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Buddy and I continuing our Bretonnia and Empire Grand Campaign. We just coordinated to wipe out the Vampires. Chaos is just now showing up.
  • Cannot overemphasize how good this game is coop. Fielding two armies of 500 dudes each with siege equipment vs. a massive horde of Vampires is pretty amazing.
  • Ultrawide resolution really shines here.
If anyone is on the fence about buying this #JustDoIt.

View attachment 130355

I will be buying the bundle when this releases.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

Bunch of bullshit talk and not much new interesting stuff, other than a couple of things.

First, the Vortex stuff that serves as the main objective during the campaign isn't necessary to win they say, so I assume you can just win by simply eradicating all other threats. Second, they mention that all the races can capture every settlements, as opposed to the first game where your race is forced to only conquer your direct enemy race or your own race, leaving half the world unconquerable(you can raze everything to the ground obviously but not quite as good, unless you're Wood Elf then you can conquer everything). Last they mention that each race has 2 lords with 2 different starting position(not new info) but do mention that this will let people do coop campaign as the same race specifically. Was expected from the 2starting location bit from before but good to have confirmation for ppl who like coop.

No skaven news I guess they're keeping that for its own separate reveal since there's been a lot of hype behind Skavens on the forums and stuff.

• 1Like

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Hard to transfer to sci Fi but wish i could get a 40k version. Dow3 going all StarCraft on us...

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So started this back up and I'm playing Greenskins again just to get reaccustomed to everything as they are probably the easiest race to play. Did they nerf Waaaghs? I could've sworn you didn't lose fightiness from transfering units and I remember the threshold for getting a Waaagh was a little lower.

Plan on doing Vamps next and then Chaos. I know chaos is nothing really exciting in the empire management, but I play this game for the battles. I get so engrossed in them, there really is no comparison for RTS games.

EDIT: How to the Bretonians play like? They seem, on the surface, just like Empire to me. But I'm not a huge Warhammer fan and have no idea who the fuck they even are.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
EDIT: How to the Bretonians play like? They seem, on the surface, just like Empire to me. But I'm not a huge Warhammer fan and have no idea who the fuck they even are.
In battle? Well, the Empire's sort of designed to be used as a balanced, combined-arms army—use a bit of everything all working together. Bretonnia, on the other hand, is all about the heavy cavalry; their foot troops don't compare with other factions' (I mean, they're better than goblins...), and basically exist to hold the enemy in place, and maybe soften them up a bit, but the real work is supposed to get done with their knights.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
The game just got a new race DLC in the form of Norsca.

Still a maurader-based army, but they've been fleshed out with mammoths, ice trolls, fimir (now there's a fucking pull), and werewolves.

This is also the "early adopters' bonus" for Warhammer 2. So you can get it for free if you preorder, or if you buy WH2 in the first week of launch.

Daidraco

They look cool. I always hated starting chaos. It always seemed like it was just annoying ass fodder and taming or whatever-the tribes seemed pointless. They always ended up warring with each other and being fuck all useful and just annoying. Maybe now theyll have a point. Or at least, be interesting in the way that Ill learn how to use them effectively if thats the cause.

Just a side question - Whats the benefit of expanding as elves? it seems like a shitty way to get tree sap when diplomacy yielded so much more?

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
They look cool. I always hated starting chaos. It always seemed like it was just annoying ass fodder and taming or whatever-the tribes seemed pointless. They always ended up warring with each other and being fuck all useful and just annoying. Maybe now theyll have a point. Or at least, be interesting in the way that Ill learn how to use them effectively if thats the cause.

Just a side question - Whats the benefit of expanding as elves? it seems like a shitty way to get tree sap when diplomacy yielded so much more?
the benefit is that you get free money. these new "outposts" require no cuddling at all and can pretty much self-sustain without any heavy investment. they make marginal improvements to your army by 1% for weapons or something and other minor things, if you choose to improve military aspect by building military stuff.

expanding helps you bit by bit but ultimately uniting with other elven kingdom will give you massive advantage (because your production que increase with new elven fortress)

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
goddamn I love Chaos campaign so much. It really sucks early on but after building your horde, it gets much easier super quickly. I did a 200 turn and it was so awesome. Empire was not as enjoyable as I thought it would be. Dwarves are just...can't do it. Hoping to play some Orc and then Norsca eventually. Maybe Vampire once I am done with it all.

This game is so good. I wish I found this fantasy shit when I was a teenager....

• 1Like

Randin

Trakanon Raider
The accompanying patch has also done a shit-ton of changes for the existing factions, basically getting them in a good place in preparation for the WH 1&2 combined campaign. Mostly, it involves Legendary Lords getting new skill trees and bonuses, but Chaos has had its campaign altered a fair bit: the attrition for nearby armies is mostly gone (only maurader troops now suffer it), they've got better replenishment, and Awakened Norscan tribes are now vassals rather than allies.

The Chaos campaign is the only one that I bothered modding when I played it, and these changes cover everything I felt needed modding; so well played by the devs.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Has this been on GOTY all inclusive super sale yet?
There's been sales on the DLC, but they're not making a GOTY version I don't think, you'll still have to pick which DLC you want to play. Honestly don't need everything, can skip most of them unless you specifically want the race. Base game also has a fair amount of content to begin with.

And yeah last patch did a lot of changes on the old stuff, made the old legendary lords more relevant compared to new ones, made Chaos campaign less shit, tried to make the Empire a bit stronger when played by the AI(not sure how it turns out) so it's pretty good. Norsca looks great too, I might pick it up at some point, but I think I'll wait for some price drop on TW2 preorder like on GMG or something. Mostly I'm looking forward to Skavens though.