Total War: Warhammer

khorum

Murder Apologist
Medieval1? Rome2 is probably my new favorite and it's a more legit successor of Medieval1 than any of the napoleonic ones (or even shogun2).

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I noticed a new game play with the dwarves which was kinda cool. One thing I picked up on was the ability to find hero usable items in the overworld map that can be used during combat (a regen potion in this case).

https://youtu.be/iK0BMkKmwB4

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm not a big fan of strategy games usually but the warhammer angle really is pretty interesting to me. No chaos is a bit annoying but looking forward to undead. And I assume Chaos will be the first expansion or whatever. I'd like Skavens too but I don't think they'd make it unless they release a bunch, elves and chaos would probably be the 2 expansions and then they'd start working on another game.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I'm not a big fan of strategy games usually but the warhammer angle really is pretty interesting to me. No chaos is a bit annoying but looking forward to undead. And I assume Chaos will be the first expansion or whatever. I'd like Skavens too but I don't think they'd make it unless they release a bunch, elves and chaos would probably be the 2 expansions and then they'd start working on another game.
The expansions won't be traditional expansions, thats what the Sega/CA DLC train is for (and they are loathed for it). The two expansions are going to be two standalone releases similar to the main game, which will most likely also have four races each. What is expanding in the other two games, will be the world map, thus allowing for more races, as their territories are added. I would assume the second game adds the other "must haves" like Wood Elves, Chaos, Brettonia and Skaven. I understand why from a geographic standpoint, that they did Vampire Counts, but they are really far down this list in terms of importance.

Honestly I think we are almost guaranteed Skaven with underground battles being included in the base game, it would seem that Skaven would be first up on deck.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This will be awesome. But I do want me some Dark Elves someday!

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
4/28/2016 release date, hype. Chaos Warrior dlc with pre-order (day 1 dlc not so hype but that's pretty much standard for games these days anyways).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Video of Chaos that came with the announcement:

Release date is pretty far though. Also Chaos is like, limited Chaos. Only seems to be the Chaos Warriors without any daemon stuff. Kinda makes it meh to me as my favorite part of Chaos was always all the daemons shit, especially stuff like Blue/pink horrors of Tzeentch, Floating Disk for your casters, Khorne Juggernaut and Bloodbeasts and shit like that. Guess that'll come later.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Eh, 6 months isn't too far out as long as they don't end up having to push it back. Gives me 6 months to become decent/good at Total War games (ended up buying Attila yesterday).

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
fuck them holding chaos back as a preorder bonus. and fuck paying extra for a finished game.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
fuck them holding chaos back as a preorder bonus. and fuck paying extra for a finished game.
CA has earned themselves alotof ill-will after pretty much every release since Empire. It's a horrible idea to buy any of their games on release. They are an unbalanced, buggy mess and it usually takes them at least 1 expansion to "fix" it all. It's really unfortunate, because they are about the only team left in the industry that does this particular genre of "massive" RTS/Turn-Based game, but you're better off waiting a year or so before buying their games. Sadly, that seems to be true of most games nowadays though - especially with the DLC craze.

Sulrn

Deuces
CA has earned themselves alotof ill-will after pretty much every release since Empire. It's a horrible idea to buy any of their games on release. They are an unbalanced, buggy mess and it usually takes them at least 1 expansion to "fix" it all. It's really unfortunate, because they are about the only team left in the industry that does this particular genre of "massive" RTS/Turn-Based game, but you're better off waiting a year or so before buying their games. Sadly, that seems to be true of most games nowadays though - especially with the DLC craze.
I disagree with this notion somewhat. Shogun 2 was pretty good and the expansions were an even more simplified game. I'll agree that it took Emperor Edition of Rome 2 to make up for a lot of it's faults (especially with the community curating they did with seasonal events). This though I feel is more of the result of Sega than anything. The major franchises they own are riddled with DLC/P2W (I'm lookin at you CoH2/Football Manager), but what do you expect of a corporation that went bankrupt and turns around and starts buying bankrupt property studios/projects?

But yeah...the nickel and diming is ridiculous. I never understood why anyone ever thought things like a blood dlc for 2.99 was a good idea. Creative Assembly/Sega is why I question things like Battletech's lackluster Kickstarter.