Total War: Warhammer

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Is it too much to hope that this will bring back a game like M2:TW? I want diversification among faction/countries/whatever again.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is it too much to hope that this will bring back a game like M2:TW? I want diversification among faction/countries/whatever again.
In table top Warhammer, there is (was) massive diversification between not only the armies, but the units within the armies. Hopefully that translates into this game and strategic decisions with unit selection has an impact.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Eh I don't know, I don't think it's gonna have all the various options the tabletop game has, especially since it doesn't look like your armies are limited by points and stuff but by more traditional ressources so you can stack a lot of the stronger units without losing too much. Maybe the research stuff will be advanced enough that there will be different paths available(like increase your orcs or increase your goblins or increase your casters+siege+beasts or whatever, so you'll have different focus depending on your research).

Still looks great though, definitely looking forward to playing the game. I do wish they'd show Vampire counts though, even if they weren't very popular in the tabletop, when I was a kid and I was into warhammer stuff(mostly buying the army books and reading all the lore shit in them), the Undead armies were my 2nd favorite stuff, after Chaos. Then I discovered Tyranids and forgot all about Warhammer, but still.

Sulrn

Deuces
Eh I don't know, I don't think it's gonna have all the various options the tabletop game has, especially since it doesn't look like your armies are limited by points and stuff but by more traditional ressources so you can stack a lot of the stronger units without losing too much. Maybe the research stuff will be advanced enough that there will be different paths available(like increase your orcs or increase your goblins or increase your casters+siege+beasts or whatever, so you'll have different focus depending on your research).

Still looks great though, definitely looking forward to playing the game. I do wish they'd show Vampire counts though, even if they weren't very popular in the tabletop, when I was a kid and I was into warhammer stuff(mostly buying the army books and reading all the lore shit in them), the Undead armies were my 2nd favorite stuff, after Chaos. Then I discovered Tyranids and forgot all about Warhammer, but still.
If it holds true to the Total War system, the campaign itself isn't balanced around army value but more of army size/stack restrictions. However, the versus/quick battles are balanced around point buys.

In either case, I think if anyone is hoping for the table top depth/variety in this they're going to be sorely disappointed without massive DLC investment or modding.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Where are the fucking undead though.
Don't worry, for the low price of 4.99 you too can purchase the undead culture pack, containing 16 repainted units from the base game and two minor faction bonuses slapped across three incredibly inspired new factions for the newest addition to the Total War series - Total War: Total DLChammer.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
This is going to actually be ready by April 28?

Nvm: end of last vid says May 24 that makes more sense. They had me at siege towers. Campaign system looks fun.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
This is going to actually be ready by April 28?

Nvm: end of last vid says May 24 that makes more sense. They had me at siege towers. Campaign system looks fun.
As with any Total War new launch, wait 6 months, get it on sale, and avoid all the bugs. Because as normal I am sure it will take 6 months to patch up everything they messed up on.

Sulrn

Deuces
As with any Total War new launch, wait 6 months, get it on sale, and avoid all the bugs. Because as normal I am sure it will take 6 months to patch up everything they messed up on.
This is the voice of reason. If you refuse to use common sense and avoid this game entirely, at least get it on sale and save yourself some frustration should it befall the same fate as the last 4? Total War games and every fantasy War Hammer game out?

Sulrn

Deuces
YOUR COMMANDER JUST FAILED HIS SAVE, INSERT CREDIT CARD TO PURCHASE POTION OF INVULNERABILITY NOW!
"Just to note - the Chaos Warriors units you see here will be available for you to fightAGAINSTwhether or not you preorder the game."

Making an lore-essential race a pre-order bonus is totally a HOMERUN for nailing the Games Workshop business model.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
"Just to note - the Chaos Warriors units you see here will be available for you to fightAGAINSTwhether or not you preorder the game."

Making an lore-essential race a pre-order bonus is totally a HOMERUN for nailing the Games Workshop business model.
Yea I just heard about that. Interest in game suddenly 0.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's missing elves(wood/high/dark), skaven, actual chaos demons and lizardmen too. And those will be added as DLC later. What's one more or less race? And you can get it for "free" if you buy the game at launch. If you don't buy the game at launch, you'll buy the game when the price is reduced so it being a DLC won't have an actual impact. Don't really get the complaint. If you're scared that you buy this at launch but it's unplayable for a few weeks, preorder, then don't play it more than 2hours. If it's shit and they don't fix it quickly enough, refund. If it's good or they fix their shit quick, you have the race already.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It's called not rewarding shitty business practices. Kind of like why I don't buy GW anymore despite having hundreds of times more disposable income than when I was fourteen.