Total War: Warhammer

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Does Ut get to say "atoadaso" or is this a buy? I'll hafta watch some streams.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Just learn to accept that the TW games are all solid games..a year+ later.

CA has always had issues with incomplete features, bugs, etc. However, starting around Empire release, it not only got a whole lot worse, but they hopped on the DLC train as well. Their games are still the "best" at their niche and really about the only games that offer massive scale unit warfare/tactics, but they're still something you buy on a Steam winter or summer sale a year+ later.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Spent another 100 dollars in steam game and mobile games yesterday just to delete everyone . Man i need a new hobby, my tastes keep getting harder and harder to appease
frown.png
At this point if it isnt disgaea or Final Fantasy tactics it makes me a sad panda!

Really wish they would release a "good" romance of the 3 kingdoms sequal preferably in english...

Variise

N00b
This is a decent review to watch because it's coming from a player and not a fucking hack from the usual "game journalist" lot.

One thing to add this Review doesn't mention is two official mods are coming tomorrow on release day. One allows every race to conquer the entire campaign map (Warhammer IP requires that the faction mechanic limit what each race can do), the other apparently allows you to play as the same faction with an alternate starting location in Multiplayer Co-Op. By default in Multiplayer Co-Op or Head to Head you have to be another race. So for example you could pick Orcs and Vampires but you can't both pick Orc but with the official mod you can. I think it's stupid they even had to mod their own game to allow this. The Warhammer lore absolutely allows multiple faction heads to exist at any given time and they all control their own lands not the same one.

EDIT: I should also add that the win conditions are different from Single Player Campaign and Multiplayer Campaign for obvious reasons.

EDIT 2: The only thing wrong in what he says in this Review is he mentions this game is running DX12. It does not. DX12 support is in coming but it's currently DX11 and only some review sites got access to a DX12 test build of the game and I don't think he has that. I could be wrong but I doubt it.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
So is there any cool nifty trick i could do on my time zones or some shit to make Steam think its later then it is and then i can play ahead of time or is this released tomorrow at 8-9 AM MST no matter where you live)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So is there any cool nifty trick i could do on my time zones or some shit to make Steam think its later then it is and then i can play ahead of time or is this released tomorrow at 8-9 AM MST no matter where you live)
It's a global release so you have to wait.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Oh fuck ya, just read its 8 AM BST or whatever the fuck that is. Midnight for us good ole American's. Joy, looks like i'm pulling an up all nighter! Thank god for my new job that lets me work from home most the time
smile.png

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Actually i've read in 3 places now that its midnight PST for states, Europe is like 9 AM or something. So fuck ya, no sleep for this cat! (So sad, since i gave up MMO's and hate most games the very few that draw my interest i still have that childhood wonder i had 25+ years ago when a new game is released.

Time to go play some hoops and get a work out in and i'll be ready for some WAAARRGH~~

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's 8AM BST. BST is British Standard Time, not mountain timezone in the US, not sure how you get that(maybe weird abbreviation during daylight times?).

That should be midnight west, 3AM east. In 2h30 basically.

Edit: Game is up. Restart Steam if needed. Unpacking takes ~5mins on SSD and supposedly 15+ on HDD.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Game is available on steam now but started at 15 minutes to unpack or whatever and now is at 24 minutes. Random funny story, i was wrapping up working out and had 2 minutes before launch and a cop came to the door saying there was a noise complaint (had my music too loud working out i guess). I'm liking trying to shove him saying wasn't me but i have an important call so i need to let you go. About said "if you aren't arresting me i'm going to fucking have to say get the fuck out because I got some WAARRH to do bitch".

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Game is available on steam now but started at 15 minutes to unpack or whatever and now is at 24 minutes. Random funny story, i was wrapping up working out and had 2 minutes before launch and a cop came to the door saying there was a noise complaint (had my music too loud working out i guess). I'm liking trying to shove him saying wasn't me but i have an important call so i need to let you go. About said "if you aren't arresting me i'm going to fucking have to say get the fuck out because I got some WAARRH to do bitch".
You are my new favorite poster.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Played a solid 4 hours, not even a hiccup. Only thing that sucks right now is I've got to go to work. Game is fantastic so far.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Played a solid 4 hours, not even a hiccup. Only thing that sucks right now is I've got to go to work. Game is fantastic so far.
One thing they said they took out was a lot of the micromanagement from the Total War series. Can you confirm? That would actually be a welccoime change for me because I hate micro managing. Also, their Denuvo copy protection sucks and is messing with the Steam system, so if you are having problems launching the game, go offline in Steam and it should work.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Only bug I've seen so far is if you perform an action with a hero, then embed him into an army, you can then get the thing to perform an action again while inside the army, but that won't work, however it will un-embed you from the army. Not a big deal, just don't perform more than one action per turn and it's fine, and even if you do it's no big deal. No crash or anything.

Been doing well with Vampire Counts, their early power is really high with skeletons being both pretty decent units and expendable and Mannfred being a fucking beast of a hero, able to nuke other lords, aoe heal his army and melee the shit out of anything that gets close. I've purposefully ignored the cheesy lore and went with vampires instead for undead goodness, overcasting raise dead is great at the start of a fight, the AI just throws everything at it and wastes a bunch of charge and shit, and even if the unit gets decimated you don't lose any army value. Then I just aoe heal and nuke stuff while everything dies.