Total War: Warhammer

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Malekith - Naggarond
Morathi - Ancient City of Quintex
Crone Hellebron - Har Ganeth
Lokhir Fellheart - Haichai
Malus Darkblade – Black Rock (owns Hag Graef)
Rakarth - Great Turtle Isle

View attachment 421767

Grombrindal & Alith Anar are gonna have their hands full with Malus & Malakith.
I dig these changes, especially Lokhir, since Cathay needs to have some LL enemies while we're still waiting on DLC packs.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
AMA going on CA's discord.

Big question was asked about Isabella.

question.jpg

To me taking away the Isabella's regen is a pretty big deal. I would be fine if the trait would return on someone equally powerful like a Nagash.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider
To me taking away the Isabella's regen is a pretty big deal. I would be fine if the trait would return on someone equally powerful like a Nagash.
Yeah, I figured they were going to do something stupid like this - CA's design philosophy for TW:W3 has been a massive step backwards from TW:W2 so far, and this falls right in line.

At this point, they're effectively removing Isabella from the game if you aren't playing her campaign. The AI is terrible at embedding Legendary Heroes into armies, preferring to waste them on useless campaign map actions. As CA notes, Vlad will be the default AI leader of Sylvania and Isabella will always be a hero. The AI won't remember to embed her into Vlad's army though, so you'll almost never actually fight her in a battle, the AI won't get any of the buffs/bonuses for keeping Vlad/Isabella together, and the whole point of making them a Legendary Lord/Hero team will be wasted.

Personally, I'd be cool with the changes if they could force Vlad/Isabella to stay together in an army and then merge their defeat traits together into one shared trait. Isabella's trait may be strong, but Vlad's is pretty useless.

Muurloen

It does seem like there is a door open for the community to convince the devs to not take away her trait.

We will see how they fuck this up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Special rule to always embed her seems easy enough to solve this. It might even be a good idea to do that for all legendary heroes.

Whether they remove her trait due to balance concerns can be a different topic, although I do think it can stay.

• 1Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Yeah, I figured they were going to do something stupid like this - CA's design philosophy for TW:W3 has been a massive step backwards from TW:W2 so far, and this falls right in line.

At this point, they're effectively removing Isabella from the game if you aren't playing her campaign. The AI is terrible at embedding Legendary Heroes into armies, preferring to waste them on useless campaign map actions. As CA notes, Vlad will be the default AI leader of Sylvania and Isabella will always be a hero. The AI won't remember to embed her into Vlad's army though, so you'll almost never actually fight her in a battle, the AI won't get any of the buffs/bonuses for keeping Vlad/Isabella together, and the whole point of making them a Legendary Lord/Hero team will be wasted.

Personally, I'd be cool with the changes if they could force Vlad/Isabella to stay together in an army and then merge their defeat traits together into one shared trait. Isabella's trait may be strong, but Vlad's is pretty useless.
While that's all true, they're at least finally listening to player feedback now after it was so vehemently (rightfully so) negative since release. Seems like they want to leave the question of her trait up to the community, and I imagine there's far more support for it than otherwise. And like Mr Creed Mr Creed said, it'd be a real easy fix to make sure legendary heroes are always embedded.

Muurloen

Mannfred enters the Southland Bowl

Mannfred Von Carstein - Ka-Sabar
Heinrich Kemmler - Blackstone Post
Vlad & Isabella Von Carstein - Castle Drakenhof
Helman Ghorst - The Haunted Forest

FXnzJQzXEAAYORY

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Whether they remove her trait due to balance concerns can be a different topic, although I do think it can stay.
It's not like most LLs will even have the chance to fight Isabella, and off the top of my head the Fay Enchantress is an objectively stronger trait for most factions anyway. But even fewer factions will see her than would see Isabella.

• 1Like

Muurloen

1657888812432.png

Archaon The Everchosen - The Writhing Fortress
Kholek Suneater - The Challenge Stone
Prince Sigvald - Palace of Princes
Be'lakor - Isle of Wights

Grimgor finally gets a friend.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
View attachment 422181

Archaon The Everchosen - The Writhing Fortress
Kholek Suneater - The Challenge Stone
Prince Sigvald - Palace of Princes
Be'lakor - Isle of Wights

Grimgor finally gets a friend.
Alternate version with sea lanes, smaller logos, and a legend that's been popping up routinely on the subreddit:

06n2g7lnfqb91.png

I imagine AI grimgor gets wrecked by AI Kholek every time. Or maybe neither gets coded to rush the other right off the bat.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Muurloen

Alternate version with sea lanes, smaller logos, and a legend that's been popping up routinely on the subreddit:

06n2g7lnfqb91.png

I imagine AI grimgor gets wrecked by AI Kholek every time. Or maybe neither gets coded to rush the other right off the bat.
This looks looks clean.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
So is there no longer a chaos invasion?
They haven't clarified yet. Could be WoC start locations only if they're player controlled. Chaos invasion might be something separate where AI WoC suddenly get tons of extra armies or bonuses. They've also said there's going to be multiple endgame crises, although I don't know if that's random, singular/multiple, or something you can choose at startup like Stellaris.