Total War: Warhammer

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Looks like Tomb Kings have always been $18.99 base price:
View attachment 465227

Joe Biden Thank You GIF by Creative Courage

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Big inflation and shit, prices on video games going up isn't too surprising since they've been stable for so long, somewhat makes sense, but yeah it's more expensive now. If not in a hurry though you can always grab it on sale later on.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I've been preordering DLC packs for these games for a while now (Prophet and Warlock I thin), and I don't think I've been let down enough by one yet (Hunter and Beast was probably the weakest, but I'm a sucker for the Empire so whatever). Looking forward to jumping back into IE with the chaos dwarfs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I was all over waiting for larger discounts back when I didn't have most of the DLC. It kinda made sense given the large backlog I had.

But now that I have them all I just get the latest release right when it comes out. Fuck waiting half a year to save a few bucks when DLC only comes like twice a year now.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Chaos Dwarfs coming out tomorrow. Let’s see how many long standing issues they’ve fixed with this patch. They aren’t releasing the patch notes until the day the patch goes live which is out of the ordinary and doesn’t give me a lot of confidence.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
The chariot mechanical overhaul is some serious autism

Looks good and glad I didn't have to figure that out

Last edited:

Sanadebe

Trakanon Raider
Chaos Dwarves are pretty fun to play, and have a lot of different avenues to balance their economy down, but they do feel super powerful by the mid game. By turn 90 on Very Hard I'd confederated all 3 other nations via the tower (which just gets faster as you confederate each one, as it improves your +influence amount), crushed the dwarves to the south and had all 4 artifacts done. I like the way that they encourage you to target the major artifacts, if you want to make the final battle easier, over the quicker to get to, but less impactful, minor artifacts.

Plus I've loved Chaos Dwarves since their first iteration on the table top when they were the dorkiest looking things alive.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
This is the only game I'd upgrade my 1080 for, but it still runs it well enough.

If this game was really fixed it would be a very different case. That or Pantheon launch Nirgon Nirgon

• 1Worf

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider
I've been playing again since the Chaos Dwarfs DLC dropped, and - while the actual content of the DLC is pretty decent - it's shocking how many performance issues, bugs, oversights, and general fuck-ups have been introduced in every single major and minor patch of TW:W3.

For instance, there's been a major overhaul of the UI elements. While it's nice in theory, there's clearly some kind of major memory leak in there; both of the new campaigns I've played start to lock-up and crash to desktop when assigning skill points after around turn 70 or so. On top of that, every single event message I get pops up late - almost at random, rather than at the start of the turn like it always has for the last seven years. It seems like a minor issue, but it becomes very obnoxious after a few hours of playing.

Then there's the performance, notably the campaign map; it's absolutely cratered with this patch. I'm on a 3080TI, and moving a character around the campaign map will cause random stutters and lag that nearly locks up my screen - even though my FPS counter is still showing 90+ frames. I've verified all the game files, updated my drivers, and I'm not using any mods, yet the performance and stability is worse than at launch.

Lastly, there are the incredible number of minor errors, oversights, balance issues, and general sloppiness that I've come to expect from TW:W3. Like how the Chaos Dwarf heroes can all roll with innate skills that DON'T ACTUALLY WORK. They can get traits that read something like: "+4 leadership to all Chaos Dwarf infantry (Lord's army)". However, since that character is technically a hero and not a lord, that skill does exactly nothing when you embed them into the army. There's a giant thread on the Total War subreddit with the running list of bugs, but even that isn't near complete.

I'm more than a little annoyed at the game at this point. I'd hoped that by now, CA would've gotten some real polish and fixes to TW:W3 and managed to bring it up-to-par with at least TW:W2 overall. Instead, my excitement at finally getting some real DLC for the game has been tempered by the total lack of quality control and the knowledge that my issues with the game will need to wait for yet another patch from CA - which will take months and months to arrive, and will introduce yet another round of new bugs, glitches, and lazy oversights.

• 1Solidarity

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
This is the only game I'd upgrade my 1080 for, but it still runs it well enough.

If this game was really fixed it would be a very different case. That or Pantheon launch Nirgon Nirgon

If it's anything like Vanguard, almost nothing will be able to generate those rich, rich browns and "seamless zone transitions"

I'm coming back to this if/when they add legendary achievements for beating IE as any given race

How the fuck is that still not in? Hopefully I'm wrong and it is?!

Adeptus

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I played first part on my old laptop. It was fun, but each battle was loading so long that I was reading a book in meantime and at the end I was just using fast resolution. But now with new computer maybe I will try it again.

Meester

Trakanon Raider
which will take months and months to arrive, and will introduce yet another round of new bugs, glitches, and lazy oversights.

Actually 3.1 should be out within the next few weeks.

Bear in mind those who developed Warhammer 3 were moved onto another project so WH3 is being looked after by the dlc team of I think 20 people?

Yes Chaos Dwarfs are excellent.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Patch day

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
So we are into July and no idea on the "summer patch" 4.0 yet

I mean aight, get that immortal empire squared away you crazy kids

They have a lot to do