Total War: Warhammer

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
This last DLC is horribly overpriced though. Chaos Dwarfs was more expensive but like, inflation bla bla whatever, it was a full race with quite a lot of nice units so overall people were at least mixed on the price tag, but this one is really not much content at all and is like twice the price of a DLC with the same content from previous games.

I mostly buy the DLC on sales/later so I'll buy this one later too, maybe, but 25$ is steep as fuck, regardless of how fancy the army mechanics the new lords add.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Sales price is likely going to reach the $15 range which is the price most WH2 dlcs had. So they are getting their previous full price revenue even on discounted sales, and early buyers pay a hefty premium.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
The IE fixes and achievements are the real prize

I have a laundry list of lords I wanna do there

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The IE fixes and achievements are the real prize

I have a laundry list of lords I wanna do there
This isn't really related though, they should be patching out bugs and stuff regardless of the DLC releases, the fact they hold dozens of bug fixes for months just to coincide with DLC releases is actually even worse. The community bug fix mod is way too big, should never get to that many fixes on a game that's actively being worked on(and monetized still). Overall it's a shit direction, although the game is still pretty fun.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I guess it depends if they are holding out on releasing the fixes till the DLC is done

Or more likely they do as many fixes as they can then release both

Either way, I'd be waiting for the IE is done and ready

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This isn't really related though, they should be patching out bugs and stuff regardless of the DLC releases, the fact they hold dozens of bug fixes for months just to coincide with DLC releases is actually even worse. The community bug fix mod is way too big, should never get to that many fixes on a game that's actively being worked on(and monetized still). Overall it's a shit direction, although the game is still pretty fun.
Every time they release a patch if fucks with mods and makes the lives of modders harder. So when the community is already helping you patch things, it's probably better for them to wait.

If it takes big mods, like Radious and SFO, a couple weeks to process the patch, it might be enough time that they see a noticeable drop in their metrics. The suits need the metrics in order to justify continued work on the game at the current level, or else the team might get downsized.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bought at release. Waiting until 2025 to play completed and fixed game.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Meester

Trakanon Raider
Bought at release. Waiting until 2025 to play completed and fixed game.

I mean its a very good game as it is, you really don't need to wait until 2025. Some small bugs don't really affect 90% of the game, if you play as Skaven you not really going to be affectedby Bretonnians not having Troths.

This last DLC is horribly overpriced though. Chaos Dwarfs was more expensive but like, inflation bla bla whatever, it was a full race with quite a lot of nice units so overall people were at least mixed on the price tag, but this one is really not much content at all and is like twice the price of a DLC with the same content from previous games

but 25$ is steep as fuck, regardless of how fancy the army mechanics the new lords add.
I agree 100% whatever the reason for the price increase is. CoC had 4 LL's and many assorted chaos units and Chaos Dwarfs is worth it for the price [they will probably get a flc LL sometime in the future]. 25 is abhorrent and the first one I will not consider buying as is.

It smells a bit like a Benioff and Weiss moment at the end of GoT, where their passion for the project disappeared. Maybe some of the CA employees who worked on WH2 are developing Hyenas and Pharoah too [Ive never believed corprate spiel that working on another title doesn't affect this one]. I wouldn't totally let Sega off either even if CA are responsible for the price increase, they own them after-all.

Oh well Rimworld just got its vehicle framework mod, Baldurs Gate 3 is out and Warframe is free.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I’m so disgusted with WH3 and CA that I don’t see myself playing it or any game from CA again. The dog shit path finding, settlement and siege battle design, traits, lord and hero skill trees, dog shit tech trees, ranged unit LoS, overall terrible unit control, awful campaign map optimization and pants on head retarded lack of patching and quality control has finally broken me.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I didn't play WH2 during its early days when Im sure it was a buggy mess, but CA does seem to have lost the plot here with its biggest franchise

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I’m so disgusted with WH3 and CA that I don’t see myself playing it or any game from CA again. The dog shit path finding, settlement and siege battle design, traits, lord and hero skill trees, dog shit tech trees, ranged unit LoS, overall terrible unit control, awful campaign map optimization and pants on head retarded lack of patching and quality control has finally broken me.
While not as extreme as that, I am also having a difficult time getting into WH3. I don't think I have even completed 1 game. All the new races feel incomplete when compared to the WH2 races and the closest I came to finishing a game was a Tomb Lords playthrough.

I am hoping a few years of DLCs/mods will fix everything and it will be up to snuff by 2025. Around the same time that mods are polished enough to make Starfield into an enjoyable game too, so 2025 should be a good gaming year!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user