Total War: Warhammer

Bald Brah

Bronze Squire
If you haven't played this series before, is there any reason to start with 1 or 2, or is it fine to just jump into 3?
I would say just get part 3. The "immortal empires" campaign in 3 lets you play all the factions from 1 & 2 with modern updates. You can go back and purchase any DLC from 1, 2, or 3 and play the immortal empires gigantic sandbox campaign with all the factions and legendary lords smashed together.

Just buy the cheap lord packs instead of the big race packs if there are some you want to try out.
If you unlock Belakor or Archaeon those are the two easiest campaigns to win.

MrWhippy

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeh Empire is the tits, I usually play Volkmar. Hopefully a Stirland faction will be playable at some point, I think that would be cool to play due to its proximity to the vampire regions
Skaven are fun too, but I haven't played much Chaos or Demons yet...except for Nurgle
The factions with the most gameplay for me so far has been Vampire Counts and High Elves,(currently rocking Vlad and Imrik)

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What factions yall playing the most?
I think I've played every legendary lord (that was available in WH1/2 ) once and have rarely played a LL a second time. At least until it gets a upgrade from the SFO mod team, or less often, Creative Assembly themselves.

I've found the following factions to be the most enjoyable: The Empire, Dwarves, Skaven, Vamp Counts, Tomb Kings (a bit dated now, but SFO helps), Lizardmen, and High Elves. While they seem to get a lot of flak from many players, I would even rate Vamp Coast as middle to upper pack, as I played them similar to dwarves tactically and would often get up to half the enemy to route with firearms before even reaching me.

Yeh Empire is the tits, I usually play Volkmar. Hopefully a Stirland faction will be playable at some point, I think that would be cool to play due to its proximity to the vampire regions
Skaven are fun too, but I haven't played much Chaos or Demons yet...except for Nurgle
The factions with the most gameplay for me so far has been Vampire Counts and High Elves,(currently rocking Vlad and Imrik)
Pretty sure the huge SFO mod has Stirland set up as a Legendary Lord. You may need the mod that makes all minor factions playable too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

MrWhippy

I think I've played every legendary lord (that was available in WH1/2 ) once and have rarely played a LL a second time. At least until it gets a upgrade from the SFO mod team, or less often, Creative Assembly themselves.

I've found the following factions to be the most enjoyable: The Empire, Dwarves, Skaven, Vamp Counts, Tomb Kings (a bit dated now, but SFO helps), Lizardmen, and High Elves. While they seem to get a lot of flak from many players, I would even rate Vamp Coast as middle to upper pack, as I played them similar to dwarves tactically and would often get up to half the enemy to route with firearms before even reaching me.

Pretty sure the huge SFO mod has Stirland set up as a Legendary Lord. You may need the mod that makes all minor factions playable too.
Thanks. I will check it out. What do you think of Chaos Dwarves?

Last edited:

Burns

What do you think of Chaos Dwarves?
Having a hard time getting into WH3 and the only games I remember finishing since it's release have been Empire (Volkmar), Tomb Kings (Arkhan), and Skaven (Throt).

I don't remember much about Chaos Dwarves, but did play them for a few hours on release (w/o mods). I prefer the SFO mod though, so decided to wait until the mod team had a chance to fully integrate the WH3 additions and complete their modifications to the new factions. I haven't checked on SFO progress since then (the Chaos Dwarves release).

• 1Like

MrWhippy

Chaos Dwarves are great. Easily the best thing about WH3.
My one campaign with them has been pretty sick ngl. I get bored easily though, dunno why but I prefer the earlier stages of a campaign. I often start new campaigns after turn 50 or so

Bald Brah

Bronze Squire
My one campaign with them has been pretty sick ngl. I get bored easily though, dunno why but I prefer the earlier stages of a campaign. I often start new campaigns after turn 50 or so
Long campaign victory is good enough for me. I don't need 300 settlement domination.

This guy beat the ultimate crisis turn 8. No mods or cheats. Most impressive thing I've seen. I didn't even realize this was possible and I play skarbrand a lot.

• 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer

im horny GIF

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

I thought people were up in arms about the prices of the DLCs for WH3?

So what did they do, broke it down so you can buy each lord individually or all of them for the same price as last 2 "large" WH3 DLCs! This isn't even a race pack and costs the same as Chaos Dwarves. The Lord packs for WH2 had 2 lords with new mechanics for $9.99, these cost $8.99 for 1 Lord, so a 45% increase in cost for a single Lord with a discount if you buy two or three.

2024-04-09 11.45.45 store.steampowered.com 66e954ee7a1c.png

2024-04-09 11.45.09 community.creative-assembly.com cc372e74a5e0.png

All current DLCs for reference:
2024-04-09 11.49.41 store.steampowered.com cabe5c9e9a53.png

Last edited:
  • 1Rustled

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Bald Brah

Bronze Squire
I don't feel the pricing is too bad. I usually only bought the old lord packs for one of the lords anyway and now they are throwing in a handful of new units and a legendary hero. Plus most have some new generic lord and hero type as well. I will most likely buy the nurgle pack especially if it all transfers over to warriors of chaos as well as nurgle.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I thought people were up in arms about the prices of the DLCs for WH3?

So what did they do, broke it down so you can buy each lord individually or all of them for the same price as last 2 "large" WH3 DLCs! This isn't even a race pack and costs the same as Chaos Dwarves. The Lord packs for WH2 had 2 lords with new mechanics for $9.99, these cost $8.99 for 1 Lord, so a 45% increase in cost for a single Lord with a discount if you buy two or three.
They were, but then they added a bunch of additional stuff to the infamous expensive DLC and announced that the DLC going forward would be larger as well, and it hit a threshold that left enough people content with how much you're now getting for the price.

• 1Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Just now saw this mod that basically converts WH1's map into a properly scaled and gigantic campaign for WH3 with most of the factions in WH3 present. Anyone mess with it yet? I figure I'll wait until after the DLC is out and the mod is updated appropriately to give it a spin.

• 1Like