Toy Story 4 (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Ratatouille is one of my favorites. I think Toy Story is probably in a league of it's own all together. Honestly, The Good Dinosaur and Cars 3 are really the only ones I could live with out. The rest i've really enjoyed.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
a Bug's Life always gets overlooked, i think its because dreamworks stole the idea and made Antz and so it ended up diminishing it somehow.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Pixar has a longer and more consistent run of amazing an affecting animated movies under Lasseter than Walt had. Thank god he didn't live during me2.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
before
new-toy-story-4-teaser-sees-the-return-of-bo-peep.jpg

current year

• 2Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Disney needs to find some way to sell all those toys that never got bought from Last Jedi.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Siliconemelons

Bopeep was missing in 3 wasn't she? Was she in 2? I think so... they mention "toys we lost" and she was one of them so... they bringing her back? Lol

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Bopeep was missing in 3 wasn't she? Was she in 2? I think so... they mention "toys we lost" and she was one of them so... they bringing her back? Lol
yeah, she was one of the lost ones. hopefully its not a complete wokefest and bopeep is just pretending to be badass in one scene.
Pixar has hardly ever let me down, so i will give them the benefit of the doubt.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff

Well this is interesting... does address the question of how toys come to life.

Cybsled

Bopeep probably had to survive Mad Max style and became a badass.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Well this is interesting... does address the question of how toys come to life.
All the ones in their mint packaging are still alive based on previous movies, I don't think it has anything to do with a child's love.

• 1Like

Brad2770

This guy probably already knows how the story will go. (Just seeing the title of the video could be spoilery)

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This guy probably already knows how the story will go. (Just seeing the title of the video could be spoilery)

he did make a few good points. it SEEMS to bascially mirror the plot of the other films. Woodie gets lost, goes on an adventure, considers leaving his kid, then changes his mind at the end. the other toys try to find him and they have an adventure too in the process. but in this case i think its going to flip the script a little. least i hope so.

they already did the good guy being the bad guy thing in several pixar movies over the last ten years. if Bopeep or her little helper toy is, then thats going to be disappointing and predictable

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I don't think Bo Peep is necessarily the villain, though I did think that was the very Rian Johnson way of doing it and that's what is cool now days, but I don't think she's going to provide Woody with the alternative and be part of his struggle. I'm guess it's all root from her new friend and Bo Peep moves on to take care of the vintage toys and Woody almost follows her before switching back to staying together.

I don't think this is a spoiler but if you have heard one of the theories of Woody and Buzzy coming to life to stay goodbye to Andy (breaking their rule), that one is emotional. I think WatchMojo posted that one.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
This is just 2 and 3 mixed together. Bo Peep is Lotso, the carnival is the place that "seems like a great alternative life for a toy" but probably has some kind of hidden downside that illustrates a toy's purpose is with their child (The museum/collector and the preschool). I mean, if it works it works, but the story looks like a clone of 2 and 3 (And really 3 was just a much better made 2.)

Last edited:

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This is just 2 and 3 mixed together. Bo Peep is Lotso, the carnival is the place that "seems like a great alternative life for a toy" but probably has some kind of back downside that illustrates a toy's purpose is with their child (The museum/collector and the preschool). I mean, if it works it works, but the story looks like a clone of 2 and 3 (And really 3 was just a much better made 2.)
its to be expected, there are only a limited number of situations a bunch of toys can get in that would make a half decent movie. they really should have stopped with TS 2, TS3 was pretty good, the ending was fantastic. this looks like it could be enjoyable. its not going to be Up! or Wall-E classic, but its got a good formula. as long as it doesnt go Good Dinosaur, Cars2, Brave levels of lame, it should be fine.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
its to be expected, there are only a limited number of situations a bunch of toys can get in that would make a half decent movie. they really should have stopped with TS 2, TS3 was pretty good, the ending was fantastic. this looks like it could be enjoyable. its not going to be Up! or Wall-E classic, but its got a good formula. as long as it doesnt go Good Dinosaur, Cars2, Brave levels of lame, it should be fine.

Yeah, I think this will be enjoyable, but I'd be surprised if it gets the special place the first 3 do. And yeah, 3 was a rehash of 2--but I think 3 was done much better, and three did one of the most difficult things to do in a trilogy. It gave me an ending that I genuinely thought was satisfying and actually didn't want the story to continue because I liked the end so much. That's pretty rare for me in a movie, so three gets some major credit for that. The fucking nostalgia bomb in the end almost made me legitimate tear up while I was watching it with my kids, and I realized I began watching these with my dad when he brought the rental home one day.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Bopeep will definitely be the conflict piece. Making her a straight up villain would be too much of a 2 & 3 rehash.

Malakriss

The following spoiler is an article talking about the villain and some conflict plot points.
Christina Hendricks' 'Toy Story 4' Villain is "Like The Godfather", and Here's How Keanu Reeves' Stuntman Helps Woody and Bo Peep
In Pixar’s Toy Story 4, Mad Men actress Christina Hendricks is lending her voice to a new character named Gabby Gabby, a villain with a voice box defect who’s been living in an antique shop for more than sixty years.

“She can just tell her henchmen of ventriloquist dummies to do her bidding for her, and they do. She’s like the Godfather, where she doesn’t really have to do much to do a lot.”

“Because of this defect, she has never known the love of a child or been able to fulfill her destiny to love one back. She has spent her whole life in an antique store looking out at the real world.”

Siliconemelons

Yes 2 and 3 are essentially remakes of themselves - and while I do not put it past them to rehash a re-rehash - I do not think Pixar will TLJ their MAIN and KEY to their anything - if TS1 flopped, Pixar would be dust.

While yes, they screwed over StarWars... I give Pixar some street cred still.

I still picture it as a rehash of 2 and 3's main idea, but with more of 1 mixed in.