Toys R Us -- ruining a company is very lucrative

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I was hoping to pick up some Legos, maybe some Nerf guns and some books, but at this rate...

Chris

Potato del Grande
I went into my local Toys R Us and found pretty much only Star Wars toys, they had two aisles full of lightsabres. They must have thought they were going to be big.

I was thinking about buying some Lego but they only had Girls Lego and DC Comics Lego left. No video games remaining at all.

tmp_16035-20180329_164520-1249439817.jpg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Are some of y'all on this forum still rocking Nokia camera phones or something? Or do we have a high Parkinson's population here?

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Are some of y'all on this forum still rocking Nokia camera phones or something? Or do we have a high Parkinson's population here?
Clearly that is a photo taken by a neckbeard that has constantly greasy fingers and thus grease all over his phone's camera

Also, stopped by ors this week. 5% off legos, I laughed.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Still rocking a Galaxy III, on the 2nd battery for it though. Then again I have other devices to do things more involved than texting.

• 1Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande
Clearly that is a photo taken by a neckbeard that has constantly greasy fingers and thus grease all over his phone's camera

Also, stopped by ors this week. 5% off legos, I laughed.
Haha I actually checked my camera, it's pristine. I have a folding wallet thing around the phone which covers the camera 99% of the time.

I surprising didn't put too much effort into taking a picture of unsold rose and hux figures in a children's toy store.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
i saw 5% at mine, didn't bother to walk around the whole store, fuck that.
I went and saw the same thing. 5% and the big sales were 10%. Also realized they don't really have anything I would want.

OneofOne

Buddy told me they had a 30% off banner at our local store, so I stopped by late last night. Turns out it was "up to" 30% off. In reality, I never saw a single discount that high. Everything was 10% off, except Legos/Duplos at 5% off. Mind you, this is 5% off of MSRP - something almost no one else prices Legos at. So, my local Toys R Us STILL has not hit Target/Walmart prices.

Then we decided to see what they had for kids furniture for giggles, and even at 10% off that shit was still so overpriced. Shit is mind bottling.

OneofOne

A month later...

Took my son to my local store like the scavengers we are. Whole store is 30% off, and they have every shelf, cabinet, etc also tagged with prices. Legos are still 15% off, which still isn't as low as most other places.

No wonder they are going out of business.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
30% everything, 5% off consoles, i have to come back later to find a manager to buy the pegboards

this toysrus is ghetto, they don't have nintendo pegboards, about the best i can find is skylanders pegboards? i guess that could still be cool.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
just bought two RC Cars and their batteries for $57 and change (above my comfort level) - Haven't opened one (a present) but son broke his in 10 minutes or less (but he was being rough).
Should I return it?
I'm in an emotional tug of war with lazy vs. cheap.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
just bought two RC Cars and their batteries for $57 and change (above my comfort level) - Haven't opened one (a present) but son broke his in 10 minutes or less (but he was being rough).
Should I return it?
all sales final?

OneofOne

You know they are going out of business right? No returns.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
yeah figured even if they did accept.. poor taste?
I would have traded it for something else of equal value - my gut was to get metal car that could either be played with or kept on display. But 4yo insisted RC...

OneofOne

This evening my 5 yo son busted our little tiny RC drone we had, on 3rd day of play. I feel like there's a lesson to be learned here...

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
This evening my 5 yo son busted our little tiny RC drone we had, on 3rd day of play. I feel like there's a lesson to be learned here...
what kind of cheap ass shitty RC shits you guys are buying? I know my RC car is amazing, b/c i bought it for my dog to chase and he bit that thing and threw it around and it still ran like a champ. Hmmm actually i think i bought mine from Radio Shack 10 years ago...

• 1Like

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Should I return it?

Return it.

The company is going out of business, if you're ever going to take advantage of a return policy this is the time. You aren't hurting the store employees, they're already losing their job.

• 2Like