Train to Busan (2016)

Goatface

Bump!
Watched this last night. Really good, one of the best Zombie films I've seen. Reading about it this morning, I saw that it made for a budget of $8.5 Million, it's way better than Hollywood could make burning 10x the money.

new line is still in early production on the US remake with the producer of Saw and one of the writers from It and The Nun
going by some of the other horror movies wouldn't think they would spend more than $15-20mil on it

the sequel is supposedly on track to come out next year,

Goatface

First concept image
s6l84Tu.jpg

Casting is complete for the upcoming film “Peninsula”!
The sequel film for “Train to Busan” recently confirmed Kang Dong Won, Lee Jung Hyun, Lee Re, Kwon Hae Hyo, Kim Min Jae, and Goo Kyo Hwan for the cast and began filming on June 24.
bando-cast.jpg

“Peninsula” takes place four years after “Train to Busan” as the characters fight to escape the land that is in ruins due to an unprecedented disaster.
Kang Dong Won plays Jung Suk, who puts his life on the line to fight against the zombies that have dominated the country. Lee Jung Hyun plays Min Jung, a strong woman who leads people and doesn’t give up in her battle against zombies.

Child actress Lee Re will take on the role of Joon, who endures difficult situations together with Min Jung. Kwon Hae Hyo’s character Kim Noh In is the eldest of Min Jung’s crew and does not lose hope about being rescued.

Kim Min Jae and Goo Kyo Hwan will add tension as they lead the peninsula’s military units while hiding different ambitions.

“Peninsula” will also be directed by Yeon Sang Ho of “Train to Busan.”

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
new line is still in early production on the US remake with the producer of Saw and one of the writers from It and The Nun
going by some of the other horror movies wouldn't think they would spend more than $15-20mil on it

the sequel is supposedly on track to come out next year,

I finally watched this tonight. Fucking excellent. Just as good as any other great zombie movie I've ever seen. Really loved basically every second of it. Wow. Shit this was good. Why on earth remake this for the US? This version is fantastic!!! There's no way a remake could improve upon this. 0% chance.

• 3Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Why on earth remake this for the US? This version is fantastic!!! There's no way a remake could improve upon this. 0% chance.
They saw what Spike did with Oldboy and said, "Yes, that was perfect in every way. The original was trash."

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Szlia

As mentioned before, I recommend the animated companion piece to this film called Seoul Station. If you are interested in more korean zombie films, I can think of two. The first is Rampant, which is a big budget costume action drama with zombies. Not a great movie but an interesting mix I guess. The other is a very very funny comedy called The Odd Family: Zombie on Sale.

Also, just about anything with Don Lee aka Ma Dong Seok is an entertaining watch, no matter the subject or tone of the film. The Outlaws, Unstoppable, The Gangster, The Cop, The Devil, Derailed, etc...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I finally watched this tonight. Fucking excellent. Just as good as any other great zombie movie I've ever seen. Really loved basically every second of it. Wow. Shit this was good. Why on earth remake this for the US? This version is fantastic!!! There's no way a remake could improve upon this. 0% chance.

Ask "The Girl With the........." movies why? Because Hollywood needs to try and make THE BEST movie, it's part of their retarded DNA make-up. Ask "The Grudge", the OLD remake and the newest one as well. I never did see the original movie that spawned "The Ring" but I did enjoy the western version. The first one at least.

Edit - and Oldboy as someone above said. That movie WAS perfect, but they HAD to remake it.

Fadaar

That guy
American remake at least got us a nice shot of Elizabeth Olsen's titties so that makes it ok

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
A local cinema does show some foreign, non English language films. There's enough of a S.E. Asian population here for that.

I will keep my eyes peeled for this one.

Szlia

By the way the two movies mentioned in that article to help identify the actors are very different but very good. 1987 : When The Day Comes is a political historical thriller of sorts that shows the event leading to a popular uprising against the autocratic governance of the time (spoiler alert : this lead to a new, more democratic constitution that is still in use today). The Battleship Island is a giganormous over the top blockbuster about south korean "volunteers" working in a mining facility set on a small japanese island during WWII.

Last edited:

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I fucking hate zombie films, hate the whole damn genre, but I'd mentioned this movie to the husband a while back since folks here liked it and he likes zombie shit. Well, I got sucked the hell into it and damn this was a good movie, though they should have called it Feels Train to Busan, fuck.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Watched this today on Amazon. Surprisingly good. I liked that pretty much everyone dies since, well, that is the most probable outcome in a zombie apocalypse.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Watched this today on Amazon. Surprisingly good. I liked that pretty much everyone dies since, well, that is the most probable outcome in a zombie apocalypse.

Was just reading through this thread and gonna start watching this, thanks for the fucking spoiler!

Only half serious, it's a zombie flick, that's what usually happens, lol.

Edit: Watched it. Was hoping for a dub, I hate subtitles, but I stuck with it since you guys said it was so good. Was not disappointed.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

there is an English dub out there, it is pretty bad.

peninsula has apparently been doing well, couldn't find a budget but has made $21m in south korea, and opens supposedly Friday in the US.

there are some rips out, but only ones i found have ads and shit.