Transformers 4: Baylicious

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
I grew up in the 80's, loved Transformers growing up, actually liked the first 3 movies, but this one was totally shit. I know what to expect from a Michael Bay movie, and will check my brain at the door, but when you have humans flying all over the place and transformers "catching" them without a scratch, or when they crash in a ship and walk away from it, or when Marky Mark "blocks" a sword strike from a fucking robot, I was just like....come on. There were so many times, like when the girl was on the ship, that they would have been dead in a heartbeat.

I know these movies have product placement in them, and I am usually ok with it, but Bay just said, "Fuck It" and threw it in your face. Bud light all over the ground after a crash? Ok. Marky Mark picks it up and slams a drink of it? Ok. Giant robot crashes through a bus but the tail end of it doesn't move and has Victoria's Secret in huge letters? Ok.

BTW someone mind telling me why bumble bee was an old black SS in the beginning but when he transformed it was the same yellow model used from the first 3 movies? Then he "upgrades" into the new Chevy model, the camera makes sure to get a nice 45 degree angle shot of the car as it pulls up, and then sits there for like 15 seconds just to make sure you REALLY see it. Same goes for Optimus. He is a shitty old semi, needs Marky Mark to repair him but then as soon as Prime drives on the road, he melts away and is a brand new truck.

I don't mind a little cheese in my movies but this was beyond bearable. Plus the movie was about an hour too long. So Optimus Prime was a "Prime" but he is also some Special Knight? Oooookay. The only thing that I really liked about the movie was the mercenary gun transformer. From when he came out of the water in the start, to when he walked in front of his ship at the end, he was a badass. The only reason why Galvatron was in this was to set up the next 2 movies and Michael Bay only included the Dino Bots because it is what fans wanted and they made a great poster.

Jesus I never nerd rage about movies but this one just pissed me the fuck off. It was so bad that even though it was loud as hell and had action going on constantly my GF passed the fuck out next to me. These movies just keep getting worse and worse.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Yeah, but his avatar makes him the likeable kind of hateable character.
Exactly! I know that my opinion of Kegkilla will vary and rise and fall depending on the most recent GoT episode.

Currently he's in a holding situation for the next several months.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Saw this in 3d earlier, and i think the 3d was done well, the movie however? Im not so sure. It was long, quite long but i cant say it was terrible since i feel it was a bit better than the others. Its hard to judge because anyone with common sense comes to these movies with 0 expectations and just walks away with some type of satisfaction that they werent expecting anything amazing. So with those regards it was just fine i guess.

6.5/10? maybe a 7 for that dude who got torched like the annoying bitch he was early on.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I think I may actually wait for this one to come out on DVD. I'm usually the guys that promotes watching movies at times for just the entertainment factor and mindless, yet therapeutic explosions but this seems almost too bad.

What has really pushed me in the other direction is the limited amount of screen time for Galvatron and the Dinobots. This is inexcusable.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yeah they make Megalvatron a total pussy in this, i mean even more so than ever before.

EnigmaticParadigm

Molten Core Raider
I grew up in the 80's, loved Transformers growing up, actually liked the first 3 movies, but this one was totally shit. I know what to expect from a Michael Bay movie, and will check my brain at the door, but when you have humans flying all over the place and transformers "catching" them without a scratch, or when they crash in a ship and walk away from it, or when Marky Mark "blocks" a sword strike from a fucking robot, I was just like....come on. There were so many times, like when the girl was on the ship, that they would have been dead in a heartbeat.

I know these movies have product placement in them, and I am usually ok with it, but Bay just said, "Fuck It" and threw it in your face. Bud light all over the ground after a crash? Ok. Marky Mark picks it up and slams a drink of it? Ok. Giant robot crashes through a bus but the tail end of it doesn't move and has Victoria's Secret in huge letters? Ok.

BTW someone mind telling me why bumble bee was an old black SS in the beginning but when he transformed it was the same yellow model used from the first 3 movies? Then he "upgrades" into the new Chevy model, the camera makes sure to get a nice 45 degree angle shot of the car as it pulls up, and then sits there for like 15 seconds just to make sure you REALLY see it. Same goes for Optimus. He is a shitty old semi, needs Marky Mark to repair him but then as soon as Prime drives on the road, he melts away and is a brand new truck.

I don't mind a little cheese in my movies but this was beyond bearable. Plus the movie was about an hour too long. So Optimus Prime was a "Prime" but he is also some Special Knight? Oooookay. The only thing that I really liked about the movie was the mercenary gun transformer. From when he came out of the water in the start, to when he walked in front of his ship at the end, he was a badass. The only reason why Galvatron was in this was to set up the next 2 movies and Michael Bay only included the Dino Bots because it is what fans wanted and they made a great poster.

Jesus I never nerd rage about movies but this one just pissed me the fuck off. It was so bad that even though it was loud as hell and had action going on constantly my GF passed the fuck out next to me. These movies just keep getting worse and worse.
I caught my girl playing Scramble, Solitare, and reading Google News. I love her for the fact when every cheesy line of dialogue was shit out, we both slowly turned our heads to each other to laugh and reflect on $15.00 that could have been used on drinks afterwards.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's why I hate "Baysplosions" - he sucks at explosions and action. He's boring. It's too easy to lose interest and fall asleep in his films.
People dismiss him as the action guy so that's why he's bad. No he's not even that.
fucking horrible.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
YEah, not great but I would say on par for the series. Its like an addiction, if it says transformers ill be spending money to see it at a cheap theater.

1) Not sure why Hound (who is john goodman by the way) is smoking a cybernetic cigar. Actually liked this character otherwise
2) Not sure why an alien transformer voiced by Ken Watanabe HAD to have a yellow face and be a fucking Samurai.
3) Green asshole Transformer was doing his best Jason Statham impression.
4) The Marky Mark gun thing was real bad, and his fighting shit was horrible.
5) Hey Guys get the bomb over the bridge - Everyone abandon me to fight Lockdown alone, dont worry I have humans
6) SOmeone said it - they tip toe around the whole "knights" thing which was odd. Like something was on the cutting room floor
7) Way to finally get Megatrons voice right once he becomes the character voiced by Leonard nemoy.
8) I love that the president would be like "Oh yeah that CIA guy said I cant know anything hes doing, no problem cool".
9) Chicago is under siege again and no one seems to care because Kelsey Grammar says "Yeah its all good"
10) They spent WAAAAAAY too much Pedo time explaining how its ok for the 17 year old and 20 year old being together is totally cool. Like a scary amount of time. Why not just have her just have turned 18? The school year is almost done so most seniors are 18

That shit was horrendous, yet I still found some kind of sick enjoyment overall with the film.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
WHen the dude busted out the card with the law on it about getting around statutory rape I laughed so hard. Like WTF! That pedo had that shit laminated!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
YEah, not great but I would say on par for the series. Its like an addiction, if it says transformers ill be spending money to see it at a cheap theater.

1) Not sure why Hound (who is john goodman by the way) is smoking a cybernetic cigar. Actually liked this character otherwise
if he's smoking a cybernetic cigar they must have taken that from comics Kup. in the comics Kup is the leader of the badass autobot swat team basically "the wreckers", this one time he gets stranded and goes insane kills lots of autobots and the only way to make his sorta ok is to give him false memories and have him willing inject hourly medicine, in the form of the cigar.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I don't understand at the end why Optimus flew off on jets, instead of taking that fancy spaceship with its dark matter drives.
It was enjoyable for a bay movie.

Oldbased

> Than U
Can Bumblebee speak in this one? Always wondered how they get blown the fuck up every movie, arms and legs blown off, heads ripped apart and they can come back in pristine shape but they can't fix one robots vocal chords.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Can Bumblebee speak in this one? Always wondered how they get blown the fuck up every movie, arms and legs blown off, heads ripped apart and they can come back in pristine shape but they can't fix one robots vocal chords.
He can but they wen't back to him responding with recordings, like in the first one. Which actually I think is better than just another voice. One of the very few parts that was "ok" was when he was throwing a fit and a character told him to be cool. He responded, with a clip from The Big Lebowski (ironically, as John Goodman's character) Saying "I am cool, dude."

But it was a very minor part. He was pretty quiet for the rest of it.

Siliconemelons

because the junkticons where cool but they didn't want to put them in the movie...so this...

Devlin

Golden Squire
Transformers were my #1 favourite toy as a child, I read the comic, watched the TV show, I worshipped them.

These movies are an abomination, I woudn't even torrent them.

Arakkis

N00b
Based off of this thread I went and tried to watch Pain and Gain so that I could be in on Michael Bay's joke too. I lasted 23 minutes. Fuck Michael Baysplosions.