Transformers 4: Baylicious

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
If this movie had been trimmed down for time I would say it was the best of the 4, but it was REALLY long. The human parts were far and away improved compared to the past 3, but it's hard to say how much of that is writing and how much is getting away from the same actors (the humor was less retarded for sure). The non-Optimus Autobots actually got a small amount of characterization and we got a glance into the universe beyond lame humans. That being said, Optimus' writing was pretty bad (guess they gave all the good parts to someone else this time), Lockdown was well done but the design-o-bots were all around lame. Didn't like the floaty transforming cubes at all.

Still plenty of dumb and inconsistency throughout the movie but as a humongous fan of Transformers for over 20 years, I felt like it was a STEP in the right direction. Kind of wish they'd do a reboot with this amount of bots (or more) in the pic and try again.

Siliconemelons

I am just sad they wasted neymoy's voice as some throwaway in the last movie when they where planning on doing galvatron anywho.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
It didn't really explain why Lockdown wanted Optimus or any other transformer. It didn't explain why Lockdown seemed to wtfpwn everyone right up until the plot demanded he not.

Didn't explain how Megatron infected anything (of course) or how 4 autobots were fighting 50 "upgraded" decepticons...

Was good action, but you definitely have to check any critical thinking at the door.

Since when is Optimus a fully independent spaceship with jump jets? Since when does Optimus even have jump jets? I remember scenes in the previous movies where that would have been very helpful.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I am just sad they wasted neymoy's voice as some throwaway in the last movie when they where planning on doing galvatron anywho.
Yea, I thought about that too, my guess is they WEREN'T planning on doing Galvatron. Considering the biggest plot holes are from movie to movie I doubt they have any idea what the next will be at the end of the current one.

It didn't really explain why Lockdown wanted Optimus or any other transformer. It didn't explain why Lockdown seemed to wtfpwn everyone right up until the plot demanded he not.

Didn't explain how Megatron infected anything (of course) or how 4 autobots were fighting 50 "upgraded" decepticons...

Was good action, but you definitely have to check any critical thinking at the door.

Since when is Optimus a fully independent spaceship with jump jets? Since when does Optimus even have jump jets? I remember scenes in the previous movies where that would have been very helpful.
They didn't explain who the creators were but they said they wanted Optimus and the other Knights (whoever those are) back because they were unbalancing things. Lockdown only wtf pwned like once and that wasn't even that lopsided, it looks like he used more of a tracking/trapping/tricking style to capture his targets.

They did cover Megatron infecting the other man-made transformers, he designed the entire code base for them, so all he had to do was activate it. The updated Decepticons were probably stronger from a pure power perspective, but it's not likely they were created with instant combat mastery and tactical reasoning, if they even had that much free will at all. Most of them just moved and fought like regular robots, which are pretty easy to deal with.

All the Transformers have the ability for space flight independently, that's how they get to Earth in the first place. In the first movie it looked like they had to prepare and like go into rocket-mode to use it so it wasn't a combat feature, so Optimus just taking off at the end was pretty dumb yea.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
So I finally bit the bullet and caught this last night. It wasn't "that" bad.

Let me see if I can sum it up. The entire problem with this movie is the bad stuff received more time than the good stuff. There honestly was some great moments in this film. Unfortunately, there was just too much mind numbing human stuff. They could have easily taken this move from D+/C- level to a decent B grade by removing 45 minutes of human crap. The daughter, boyfriend, Daddy issues was scripted horribly. Outside of that, Marky Mark did very well. Maybe because he followed Shia Lestupid but I liked his role in the film.

What I didn't like... Galvatron and the human created robots flew through the air like some sort of nanotechnology you see in other films was ignorant. They should simply transform. Galvatron was either introduced too early or not used enough. If they were going to play the Galvatron card as they did in the movie, they should have simply had him light up at the end and the screen go black. Instead, they teased him a couple of times and it was completely wasted and overshadowed by everything else. Also, I don't want to hear anything else about there being no robot forms of the dinobots because they did transform.. twice I think... and they looked great! It was just really sad they were not used enough. Outside of a couple of stampedes, it was completely wasted. Grimlock in robot form looked as if he deserved some serious screen time killing stuff. Other than those couple of things, everything was minor Michael Bay, plot hole, ignorance. Rather minor but every now and again you sat there and wondered why they did things the way the did...

What I did like was Optimus. He was very well done. He suffered from a little bit of Michael Bay directing but his fights and everything else was solid. The other Transformers were great as well. We just needed more. I still think they made a mistake killing off some of the guys in the previous films. It would have made for a much better serious to have more and more Transformers and Decepticons accumulate over the series for a much more climactic moment but they have sacrificed so much over the series it is as if you get 3-4 on each side and that's about the max. Starscream and Ironhide should both be alive at this point. Also, welcome back Frank Welker. Yep, that was a nice touch.

Overall, I don't know how Michael Bay watches these things and makes the calls he does. He honestly has pieces of a great movie. I think someone should take over and build from this one. There's enough there to make it work. You have Optimus, Dinobots, and Galvatron so someone should be able to walk in and begin printing money. Grimlock needs to speak next time as well.

If you go see the movie, take a 30 minute nap somewhere in the middle and you'll have a great experience. If you suffer through the whole thing you'll be asking yourself and possibly yelling at the screen "Why?!" several times. Other than that.... I think it is the best of the series it's just too long for no reason.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea my only complaint with the Dinobots is they didn't get to talk and didn't get nearly enough screentime. They were pretty awesome while they were there.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I read about half of that 600 page treatise on bay's hidden genious and it... Is very interesting... Hid point is that the Autobots are bad and it is very telling that Prime's first line of dialogue is that of violence and threats of murder towards obviously unarmed civilians.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
This movie was horrible. I did not mind the other 3 for the entertainment value but I they are clearly not good movies, This was just boring, very little new stuff and the stuff that was new was retarded. The human made transformers with flying blocks of metal was beyond the limit of reality. Who ever thought that flying blocks of nanites was a good idea needs to never make movies again. Optimus is really damaged and needs to be fixed, no worries just scan a semi and boom 100% health and all fixed. Most of the story did not even make sense. The only thing I liked was Galvatron (minus the stupid blocks and the fact that he was a truck) Did I mention it was 3 hours long? I wanted to leave because it was so damn boring, Marky mark and his alien gun that can block 30foot robot punches? Give a break, there also was ZERO comedy, that lame Sector 7 guy would have been a huge improvement as he at least he had one or 2 funny lines in the first few. The only time I laughed was when Marky Mark let out a huge dramatic NOOOOOO scream and punched the earth. It was so horrible it was funny. Dinobots where way underutilized and had no lines. Fuck this movie, it is too bad it can not transform into anything other than a huge pile of shit.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The fact that you don't pick out 2 as the worst means your opinion is pointless. 2 is objectively the worst of all of them. Galvatron being the only thing you liked is also questionable since he had less than 2 minutes of screen time (literally), was not actually like Galvatron, and honestly barely affected the plot with his very existence. The humor was also better than all 3 previous movies unless you like shitty teenager humor, which many people do so that's ok.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
To be fair I only like Galvatron because he voiced by Frank Welker and he looked KINDA like Galvatron should.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Seriously.. the flying transformation crap needed to be corrected. I still can't believe this wasn't caught or discussed. It doesn't even make sense. IF "transformium" is what they are made of and they are uploading and using intelligence from existing transformers (i.e. Megatron) why do they not act the same. Shouldn't their human made transformers need to scan stuff to transform like Optimus? I don't know... again, if you take out some of the stupid human interaction, give the Dinobots a few lines, and fix the flying nano-technology transformations, it would have been much better.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Wife wanted to go see it today, she's definitely the fan of transformers with 3 younger brothers.

I liked it more then the last two and liked it about as much as the first. Plenty of wrong with the movie especially towards the end and if they shaved 30 minutes off would have been nice. I also didn't realize Optimus could escape the earths gravity and fly, is that something new or a baytransformation?

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Well... It could be a throwback to when he cannibalized Jetfire... Though he did rip off his wings and doesn't really seem to have any signs of jetfires pieces... But that's basically what happened to Megatron when he took the constricons legs in revenge... At least the idea is the same... The only thing is that it wasn't ever used in dark of the moon. I got the impression that the upgrade was temporary

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Okay, my girlfriend has seen all the previous 3 and wants me to go with her and catch this instalment in the cinema this weekend.

Problem is, I haven't seen any of the 3 so does it work if I go and watch this as a stand alone movie or would you guys recommend that I catch up on the previous movies first?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Okay, my girlfriend has seen all the previous 3 and wants me to go with her and catch this instalment in the cinema this weekend.

Problem is, I haven't seen any of the 3 so does it work if I go and watch this as a stand alone movie or would you guys recommend that I catch up on the previous movies first?
No need to make yourself suffer more then you are already going to have to. Only thing you should catch up on is a couple adult beverages to numb the pain before going.