Transformers One (2024)

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Some white privilege up in here. I had to play with GoBots growing up.

• 6Worf
  • 1Barf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I had a single GoBot that my parents got because they didn't read the package. It was this small blue car. But I had a shit load of Transformers. They were good stuff.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I had a single GoBot that my parents got because they didn't read the package. It was this small blue car. But I had a shit load of Transformers. They were good stuff.
Had some of both, but remember getting some sort of gobot tank for Christmas one year that was pretty cool. Weren't gobots diecast metal vs plastic or at least some of them were?

Siliconemelons

It’s not the movie. Just the first 4 episodes. I was almost tricked.

Same here... if it was the movie, I am on board lets go. But hearing the VA talk about random stuff, then watching the first 4 episodes? eh..okay, pass...not something that is 30$ and in a theater.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Had some of both, but remember getting some sort of gobot tank for Christmas one year that was pretty cool. Weren't gobots diecast metal vs plastic or at least some of them were?
They were both, same as early Transformers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
They were both, same as early Transformers.
Wasn't the red and white jet that was a rip off of Macross transformer metal? I never had one but I think I had a friend that did. Don't remember the name of that particular one.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
In know I’ve got more money than sense, but this looks cool as hell…

Auto transforming versions of Megatron, Prime, others.

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Wasn't the red and white jet that was a rip off of Macross transformer metal? I never had one but I think I had a friend that did. Don't remember the name of that particular one.

Jetfire / Skyfire.

It wasn't a rip-off, Hasbro was licensing various Japanese toy brands for repurposing as "Transformers". It's why some of the early G1 toys have cockpits for human sized pilots

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

In know I’ve got more money than sense, but this looks cool as hell…

Auto transforming versions of Megatron, Prime, others.

I get why they used the tank version of megatron, one because we cant dare make a "gun" oh my! and...also...like a gun would not work very well for what they are selling lol.

I would have saved up for Grimlock as it looks insane and I am a big grimlock fan, but the fact that it cannot stand in robot mode without being powered on was a deal breaker - I love grimlock in robo mode moreso than dino mode.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It was metal. It was the only way for a young Robotech fanboy, like myself, to get a Veritech fighter at the time.

• 3Like

Caliane

I can’t think of a single IP that relies more heavily on memberberries than Transformers. Outside of a few episodes/features of the original and MAYBE a couple Beast Wars episodes, the entire universe has been utter dogshit. People keep hoping that their nostalgia is going to somehow produce a Transformers experience that lives up to its potential, but the truth is, it almost never has, not even in the 80s. The core experience was always sitting in your room playing with the toys.

At this point the people still hanging on after all the bullshit are die hard weirdos who never learn. The studio will get their money from these people no matter what, so might as well retcon the whole thing to appeal to GenZ kids and extract more money from new customers.
yeah. shit is kindof busted. I think the problem is they went in a kindof retarded direction. Beast wars, and all that insane shit after. it went fantasy bionicles bullshit. instead of going macross/battletech/mechwarriors/exosquad like it should have.

Transformers 2277 that is some kindof human/robot Mechwarrior storyline would be amazing. multiple planets colonized. human pilots in sentient transformer mechs. eva, and gurrann lagaan have semi-sentient mechs. even the lions in voltron are semi-sentient. so, that can be done. co-op piloting.
would Deceptions be purely robot supremacists, with no humans, or human slaves? or human sympathizers?

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
My mate had the Soundwave model, understatement to say I was envious.
Think I had that one, with the little dog and bird cassette tape robots. He was plastic though if I remember. Had another one that turned into a laser gun and it wasn't Megatron. The robot only had like one eye though, but took batteries and would make laser noises when you pulled the trigger. This little gun arm I think used to light up too. Jesus that was a long time ago.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Think I had that one, with the little dog and bird cassette tape robots. He was plastic though if I remember. Had another one that turned into a laser gun and it wasn't Megatron. The robot only had like one eye though, but took batteries and would make laser noises when you pulled the trigger. This little gun arm I think used to light up too. Jesus that was a long time ago.
shockwave

a53.gif

• 3Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
yeah. shit is kindof busted. I think the problem is they went in a kindof retarded direction. Beast wars, and all that insane shit after. it went fantasy bionicles bullshit. instead of going macross/battletech/mechwarriors/exosquad like it should have.

Transformers 2277 that is some kindof human/robot Mechwarrior storyline would be amazing. multiple planets colonized. human pilots in sentient transformer mechs. eva, and gurrann lagaan have semi-sentient mechs. even the lions in voltron are semi-sentient. so, that can be done. co-op piloting.
would Deceptions be purely robot supremacists, with no humans, or human slaves? or human sympathizers?

Ackshually, Transformers G1 introduced target masters with smaller humanoid exosuits that turned into weapons for the main transformer, Headmasters which were smaller humanoid exosuits that became the heads of the main transformer, as well as powermasters that were the engines or something