Transformers: The Last Knight (2017)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
The only thing selling it it's the IP
what a retarded statement. the target audience for these movies has no idea about "Transformers" nerd crap as existed before the movies started. whether you like it or not, there's millions of people who enjoy thoroughly enjoy these movies.

• 1Barf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Bonch

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'd never seen this, although it's 10 years old, it still made me laugh

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Review

I think hits the nail on the head. It was horribly bad, but also very entertaining and very, very crazy.

this movie was wholly bad. so bad that i could not believe what I was watching. Redlettermedia was right. This movie is a dark, dark void of retardation in thousand levels. I cannot comprehend what Michael Bay has created after series of Transformer movies. this one particularly has contradicted almost every other movies and then some.

It is like a whole new different animal. I want to shoot myself.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the first half of this movie was an absolute train wreck. i watched it with the same morbid fascination that i do when actually watching a literal train wreck. camera angles changed chaotically and abruptly even during scenes of exposition. scene transition happens without thought or reason, leaving only traces of scene continuity as an afterthought. Cade lies on the floor dodging wreckage and debris as the scene immediately cuts to him running. characters behave erratically, challenging decepticons and TRF drones one second, only to cut to them screaming and running in fear the next. only to go back to staring down their enemy at the next possible moment.

it was as if Michael Bay is doing a thought experiment on the world. "how nonsensical can i make a movie and still sell out theatres?"

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Oldbased

> Than U
it was as if Michael Bay is doing a thought experiment on the world. "how nonsensical can i make a movie and still sell out theatres?"
Wasn't that said for the last 2 on these forums as well? I am 99% sure it was said last time.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
This one kills the gravy train. An 82% one-week drop is brutal.

The only redeeming part of these movies for me has become which Megan Fox doppleganger Bay casts as a fuck you to her.

• 1Worf

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I wanted this to be better but it was so bad. Not quite 2 bad but it tried really hard. It was all over the place (more so than usual for these movies which is saying something), basically everything made no sense, the entire plot line could have been interchanged with literally anything and you couldn't have noticed, colossal lack of Dinobots and Peter Cullen, the only continuity with the last movie was Marky Mark existing and knowing the bots. The Decepticons are back to normal for some reason except now they're under space girls power because why not. Except for Starscream because also why not.

Every run of Transformers has their own version of the lore, which is fine and normally interesting, but there's some really cool lore & origin stories to work with in the cannon or mainstream versions and instead we get 100% random sci-fi trope deus ex machina with no background despite them putting in flashbacks and exposition. That's how no background it was, they specifically spend like 30 minutes on making a background and it still didn't have one to speak of.

Basically, everything wrong with movie 2 was put back into this one, except they had less Prime and less defiling Devastator and more Anthony Hopkins (inexplicably, I might add).

I don't normally hate on Hollywood for mucking up things with reboots or remakes or adaptions or whatever because I always still have the old thing to go back to and normally they let it die. But each of these movies has like, a few minutes of really good Transformery stuff in it and those sparks make we want them to seriously just try once. This one bombed hard compared to the others (I know I didn't pay to see it, contrary to my original plan) so maybe it'll be passed on or rebooted again or just fade away and stop being distracting. Can't even blame Bay directly because it's not like he writes the damn things and these scripts would be awful with anybody behind the helm.

• 1Solidarity

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Tried to watch this last weekend and lasted about 30 minutes. Not often do I find something completely unwatchable, but this did it.

• 1Worf

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It was like they had two completely different scripts, disliked both, and solved the problem by using the first half of one and the second half of the other without actually merging them into a cohesive story. I didn’t have a fucking clue what was going on at any point.