Transformers: The Last Knight (2017)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Rewatching the second one its on HBO.

The 2nd one opened with a scene in "China", right? Really, this was filmed in Pennsylvania at Bethlehem Steel.
Google Maps - There's the street view of the area. You can explore all over and see where they shot the movie. I remember the attack helicopter overhead.

As a side note, every year, Bethlehem has the largest (free) open air music event. It lasts a week. I think it's next month.
Musikfest — Bethlehem, PA

amigo

Lord Nagafen Raider
This garbage goes full retard from the first minute and never stops.
Hey Drumpf, could you press the red button and give this planet a fresh start?

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
The 2nd one opened with a scene in "China", right? Really, this was filmed in Pennsylvania at Bethlehem Steel.
Google Maps - There's the street view of the area. You can explore all over and see where they shot the movie. I remember the attack helicopter overhead.

As a side note, every year, Bethlehem has the largest (free) open air music event. It lasts a week. I think it's next month.
Musikfest — Bethlehem, PA
Yeah there was also a scene of Prime and Shia talking in that cemetery on the river in Phillu.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The only reason I wanted to see this was because of the references made to the original 1986 Transformers the Movie. There are indeed links to that epic tale, but in such a way that makes me want to kick Bay in the balls repeatedly. I would say there's a twist in the film, but honestly it felt more like a sigh than a twist.

Can you explain for benefits of someone that still watches the 86 version but hated the first Bay movie and hasn't seen any of the others?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Can you explain for benefits of someone that still watches the 86 version but hated the first Bay movie and hasn't seen any of the others?
Mention of Unicron, except not in the same way as the animated movie. Spoiler explanation below.
Earth is actually Unicron, and Cybertron is the other half of the Gemini-like pair where, apparently, when they come in close contact one tries to eat the other (don't ask, it makes no sense), giving us the "OMG the world is ending!" plot point.

spronk

FPS noob
AJ's second half of review goes into spoilers on the whole movie, i don't plan to watch in theaters and just wait for blu ray rips so i watched and yeah the story sounds hella stupid, even for a transformers movie. There is apparently a 20 second post credits scene

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Mention of Unicron, except not in the same way as the animated movie. Spoiler explanation below.
Earth is actually Unicron, and Cybertron is the other half of the Gemini-like pair where, apparently, when they come in close contact one tries to eat the other (don't ask, it makes no sense), giving us the "OMG the world is ending!" plot point.

that's fairly similar to the Marvel UK 80's comics - Cybertron turned out to be a hibernating good version of Unicron - at least from what I remember anyway.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I fear that Transformers, as a property, is just too far gone to salvage at this point. Its been a decade now and several films so the Michael Bay version has cemented itself in the public consciousness. None of his efforts are truly what I would consider 'good' as they perpetually focus more on the human characters than the transformers themselves and never come close to the epic qualities present in the 1985 animated flick.

• 1Solidarity

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I fear that Transformers, as a property, is just too far gone to salvage at this point. Its been a decade now and several films so the Michael Bay version has cemented itself in the public consciousness. None of his efforts are truly what I would consider 'good' as they perpetually focus more on the human characters than the transformers themselves and never come close to the epic qualities present in the 1985 animated flick.
you can't do a film like this that doesn't have human leads. the audience needs someone to relate to.

• 1Barf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
you can't do a film like this that doesn't have human leads. the audience needs someone to relate to.
I identify as an attack robot. I can't relate to whiny emo cars with humanoid forms that for some inexplicable reason keep working for Michael Bay.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Disagree. A good reboot would be successful.
These movies are awful with nearly no redeeming qualities to the point of being offensive.
The only thing selling it is the IP

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity