Transistor, new game by the creators of Bastion

Tonic_sl

shitlord
Was on my way in to post the same thing. These guys sure know how to put out beautiful work. It it plays anything like Bastion...it'll do very well to say the least.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I already own Bastion and want to buy it again I liked it so much :p Can't wait for this.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wow, between this, Saints Row 4, and Dungeon Defenders 2, this has been quite a week of announcements for games I eagerly await.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I don't think I can attach this enough in one post.

rrr_img_18114.jpg

rrr_img_18114.jpg

rrr_img_18114.jpg

rrr_img_18114.jpg

rrr_img_18114.jpg

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'll buy this on blind faith alone, which I very rarely do. Bastion was fantastic.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Some new info on the strategy aspect:

Source (joystiq)
This is where the gameplay takes a sharp left ? instead of an action-RPG, button-mashing maelstrom, Transistor incorporates turn-based and strategy mechanics. When the first major enemy appears, Red is able to pause the action and survey the battlefield, and she is allotted two moves in this stage. Red is allowed to roam free within a certain radius, and she can undo moves to test out certain strategies and attacks. The freeform tactical design lends itself to exploring all of Red's abilities and establishing combos, which deal more damage.
And apparently the guy who did the voice of Rucks in Bastion is going to be the voice of the talking sword

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Why have I never heard about Bastion until this game came out? Do I fail at being a gamer? I guess I should pick Bastion up.