Transistor, new game by the creators of Bastion

Needless

Toe Sucker
I didn't want to buy any new games but this will have to be purchased on the PS4 just so it'll finally get used lol

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
It looks like noonish central time, which kind of blows since it won't let me preload it and I'll be at work. Can ask my wife to start the download I guess :p

Needless

Toe Sucker
I started listening to the soundtrack but just noticed their twitter said the game and OST are closely connected, guess i'll hold off until i play it later
frown.png

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I am eagerly awaiting but also intentionally not watching previews for this. I guess the gameplay is Bastion + VATS, essentially?

And I assume everyone is an AI in some computer-world?

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The game play is far from Bastion from what I've seen. It's not hack-n-slash, looks more... tactical, even without the VATS.

Szlia

I was about to ask if anyone knew the differences between the PS3 and PS4 versions... but there is no PS3 version! I blame suits!

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Getting some fucking random stuttering all of a sudden, relaunching the game doesn't fix it, played fine early on but now like every 2mins or so it freezes for 2ish seconds and keeps going.

Game is really cool but combat is also really weird, like it's not Bastion-like at all. I had quickly read up on that aspect(but hadn't looked at the videos because fuck spoilers). It's like some sort of action turn based combat kinda, really unique, or at least I've never seen something like it(but I've seen many combat mechanics that put together make this).

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Getting some fucking random stuttering all of a sudden, relaunching the game doesn't fix it, played fine early on but now like every 2mins or so it freezes for 2ish seconds and keeps going.

Game is really cool but combat is also really weird, like it's not Bastion-like at all. I had quickly read up on that aspect(but hadn't looked at the videos because fuck spoilers). It's like some sort of action turn based combat kinda, really unique, or at least I've never seen something like it(but I've seen many combat mechanics that put together make this).
I read a review where they mentioned that combat wasn't satisfying as Bastion, but it -can- be played in an actiony-way (real time) like Bastion, but it seems to want you to use its VATS like combat system...which to me, once I get to play it, might be a big turn-off. =/

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I don't know if the game is playable without, maybe, but it'd be really hard it seems from what I've seen. Or maybe using it makes the game a lot easier, whichever. It'd be especially hard early game when you don't have many abilities yet, I assume once you get enough passives and upgrades it might be better. It would still feel rather clunky though, every skill has a lengthy animation, like real slow stuff, and mobs actually attack very fast it seems.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am getting that freeze that you mentioned. Kinda annoying. Playing the PC version.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

Combat reminds me of Aarklash Legacy, when you play with pausing anyhow.Aarklash: Legacy - Gameplay Trailer - YouTube

For folks having stuttering issues, apparently there is a memory leak. Supergiant posted that a fix should be rolled out tonight.

Combat can be hard as shit without using Turn(), the nice thing is one of the abilities can be socketed so the base ability is usable during recovery.

Madikus

Knows nothing.
They just patched, not sure if it fixed it. I haven't played much yet, will hit it hard tonight, but haven't had that happen yet (post patch).

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I'm enjoying the combat well enough. It has opened up more with the ability customizations and switching, plus increased mob mechanics. If you aren't a fan of the VATS or Turn() system on a more fundamental level, you may be SOL.

But it is gorgeous, the music is great, and no issues on PS4 yet.