Travel Tips: Booking a Flight

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
I love love LOVE Virgin America; is the best airline today in the states.

Protip: Depending on your destination, if you checkin EXACTLY 6 hours before your flight you can get an upgrade to first class for almost nothing LA->Seattle was 40$. Includes two checked bags (each checked bag in coach is 20, 25? so totally worth it if you're checking bags).

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
You crazy! I'd rather sit on the plane for 15 minutes after landing, than sit next in the middle of fat people, kids, etc for an entire flight.
You can choose who you sit between when everyone else is already sitting down.

Protip: Depending on your destination, if you checkin EXACTLY 6 hours before your flight you can get an upgrade to first class for almost nothing LA->Seattle was 40$. Includes two checked bags (each checked bag in coach is 20, 25? so totally worth it if you're checking bags).
I've heard you can do this. I didn't know it was time-based. Solid tip. +Internets, sir.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sounds like Virgin is awesome - shame they really don't do much on the East Coast from the looks of things =/

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Fly JetBlue if it's available in your area. It's by far the most comfortable coach experience and they offer pretty decent discounts.