Triple Frontier (2019)

Fedor

<Banned>
2.60 star(s) Rating: 2.60/5 5 Votes
Title: Triple Frontier (2019)

Tagline: You Can’t Go This Far Without Crossing Every Line

Genre: Action, Adventure, Thriller, Crime, Drama

Director: J.C. Chandor

Cast: Ben Affleck, Oscar Isaac, Charlie Hunnam, Pedro Pascal, Garrett Hedlund, Adria Arjona, Sheila Vand, Reynaldo Gallegos, Carlos Linares, Pedro Lopez, Michael Benjamin Hernandez, Jay Catlett, Pedro Haro, Christine Horn, Hakeemshady Mohamed, Shawn McBride, Jay Dubb, Amber Stone

Release: 2019-03-06

Runtime: 125

Plot: Struggling to make ends meet, former special ops soldiers reunite for a high-stakes heist: stealing $75 million from a South American drug lord.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hosix

All labs matter!
Starts out good. Then it turns to complete shit. The first 1/3 was the good part. Then this movies goes off the rails and shits all over itself.

• 1Like

yeahthatisneathuh

Trakanon Raider
They can dump millions of dollars on actors, sets, directors, cameras, lighting, special effects, and stunts, but we can't spare a few hundred thousand on a few writers in a room that know anything about story pacing, an ending, or structure?

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
No one seems to like writers anymore. They get shit on constantly, get no credit when things do go well, and are paid less-than-peanuts.

This movie certainly intrigued me as I am a big fan of at least half of the cast, but something did feel a bit 'off' in the trailers.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Hold the Dark was exactly the same. For the first 60-70% the movie is awesome - dark, slow paced, tense, then it just ups and has a stroke and turns to shit.

Netflix, you are so close, you can do it!

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
For $12.99 a month I have no issue with fare like this. Wasn't Roma or Okja or The Night Comes For Us but certainly wasn't shit or complete garbage.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Felt disjointed, which was weird considering there really wasn't much in way of plot or depth.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I saw this one pop up on Netflix today.

I watched the preview thing, lots of recognizable faces. Was starting to think it looked okay. Came to FoH and here's the thread, after reading it . . . softened my enthusiasm.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Actors, premise, budget, effects, all on point.

Director....oh.

Screenshot_20190317-185933_Chrome.jpg

I still added it to the queue. Might watch it eventually. Netflix movies fall into two categories - overall decent, watchable -- and high budget trash like that one Katee Sackhoff movie with the AI that I shut off after 30-45 minutes. We'll see where this one falls.

Modern content really makes me wonder if there's anyone in the chain of creation who possesses anything resembling a spine that is willing to say, "hey, this is shit," or if they just look at something and say "this is good enough, someone will watch and like it, we only spent $X." Unless you're Adam Sandler pulling in cash from all of his family friendly Certified Rotten by Rottentomatoes films, getting a 38% on RT probably isn't very encouraging.

Strangely, I've never seen the top 21 rated movies on my main Netflix page...

• 1Seriously?

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I hadn't heard of this until a bunch of snowflakes went on a twitter rampage because charlie hunnam told people he likes jordan peterson. I feel like I need to watch and support the movie just on principle now

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I hadn't heard of this until a bunch of snowflakes went on a twitter rampage because charlie hunnam told people he likes jordan peterson. I feel like I need to watch and support the movie just on principle now
Surprisingly I hadn't heard of this person, but now I'm more interested as well. Hunnam needs some work on separating himself from SOA

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Actors did their job but the movie is all sorts of awful when it comes consistency. None of them acted like a real squad 90 percent of the movie

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I kinda just watched this cuz i wanted to see another oberyn (pedro pascal) movie, the hot chick was also from Narcos where oberyn was in. THEN the fucking movie opens w/ charlie hunnam, god dammit, then fucking poe dameron, only they call him "pope" i mean, come on. Then ben affleck outta no where? what the hell. Watching it reminded me of that old Bruce Willis movie tears of the sun, felt like it was dragging on, like they were dragging the money.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database