Trove: Scott's Trion on voxels

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
I wish they would make each class a bit deeper with more skills instead of just pumping out new classes. It gets really stale playing a class after just a few hours with 3 skills and a passive.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Downloaded Glyph (/shudder), installed Trove- it was a super quick download!

Que said 2000+, is there only one server? Then Glyph crashes on me lol. GG Trion.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Judging Trion based on your experience with Archeage is silly. Trion's hand were tied with a lot of things by XL.
They backed themselves into that corner. They were supposed to play hardball during negotiations and they didn't, spitting in the face of the entire international ArcheAge community that for ALMOST TWO YEARS had been gathering opinions and data from the KR and RU versions of the game which we PHYSICALLY PRESENTED TO TRION'S PRODUCERS AT TWO SEPARATE CONVENTIONS.

Should I just do a Rate-a-Retard on the entirety of the Trion Worlds company? It seems to me that not many of you know all of the crap they've pulled and I (for better or for worse) am like a historian on what they've done from Rift beta to ArcheAge launch.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
You're way too invested.
Was. I washed my hands of Trion and all of their products. They were very promising in the beginning with Rift, but they made several key mistakes (such as allowing a studio to develop a game with zero overhead while attempting to publish two other games and create a TV show jointly with SyFy all on the revenue of a single game and whatever they could lap up from Comcast) that destroyed their company.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
At what level does the game become a world instead of this portal bullshit? The game is fun but there's no sense of adventure from the hour or two I played.

Citz

Silver Squire
That's all there is to it. It's an endless grind to the top. Then you grind some more. It's a loot-grind game but with not enough content for it.

They have a nice base game and it could become much more...but it's Trion behind this, so no hope there.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That's all there is to it. It's an endless grind to the top. Then you grind some more. It's a loot-grind game but with not enough content for it.

They have a nice base game and it could become much more...but it's Trion behind this, so no hope there.
Meh, I'm glad I stopped at a couple hours.

Felmega_sl

shitlord

Not true. At any time, you can stop grinding and start building your cornerstone. Ive seen some cool stuff. You also get your own small island that you can make into what ever you want and then invite other players to check out what you have built.

The combat levels have a grind, yes, so what - its a mmo. There is more though, if you bother to look. Building and crafting are big parts of Trove.

Citz

Silver Squire
That's the thing. It's all so very shallow that I didn't bother mentionning it.
Building would be a more interesting feature if the world was more persistant (let's say like Landmark). Since everything is behind small instances, it all seem so very pointless.

Crafting: I'll grant it's not too bad but a bit too simple. Not enough tier of crafting mats. Let's take ringcrafting for example. Shapestones and diamonds all the way to the last tier...seriously? Gardening: I'm not a builder so I find that very useless but it's all bells & whistles for your club world/cornerstone.

I know I'm shitting on Trove but I'm still playing. Just waiting until the next diablo patch.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
I get you. I shit on Trove too for being shallow, but the whole package is well crafted and fun nonetheless.

edit: I speel guud.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Wish I could give an honest review of this game, but ...

JJRFWcc.png

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I have yet to play because of the queues. Reading that it's kind of shallow makes me not really mind that I can't get in, though.

Felmega_sl

shitlord
There is instanced building, but you can show off what you made in the main hub by grabbing one of the nearby cornerstone hubs.

As for the instanced zone you get to build in, you can advertise your it to try to draw visitors. I believe they allow people who visit your instance to flag it as good and then you rise in the rankings.

Pretty cool systems all throughout Trove. The procedural generation combined with the awesomely crafted tiny dungeons make Trove worth it.

Caliane

Instanced building?

Sigh. They just don't get it
Its Realm of the Mad God with Voxels. They get it just fine really. If that is a game you want to play or not, is personal preference.
The adventure worlds are constantly resetting, they can't have you build there. Hence the cornerstones. Limited, RNG located squares where you can build.

They could do some things better. A better system for putting up gateways to hubworlds. More of them, have them marked at the gateway their +likes.
I think the voxel size and texture is "off". Voxels are a bit too big. I'd reduce their size by 30-50% or so. And change shaders or whatever so they don't look like plastic so much.

It is definitely grindy. again, similar to Realm of the Mad God. But without the permadeath. so it feels even more grindy.

Carl_sl

shitlord
I feel like this game would be better with less cramped more inentionally designed fight rooms for the bosses in the dungeons. It feels sorta like rolling down hill in the dungeons because there are trash mobs roaming and being annoying all over the place and you have to activate the bosses quickly and finish them before any more trash comes and disrupts you.