True Detective

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Oh this should be good.

What didnt you like about the finale?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Been avoiding thread since I gave up after episode 2. Should I bother watching?
no, it drags on til about episode 7 then picks up the pace but is not good quality writing and ends very unsatisfying. however, if you're some gulag refugee then it will be perfect for you.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Been avoiding thread since I gave up after episode 2. Should I bother watching?
Yeah, it was some of the best TV in years. It really slams the accelerator in episode 4 (kinda like S1 did with the ghetto raid) and doesnt let up until the finale credits.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
no, it drags on til about episode 7 then picks up the pace but is not good quality writing and ends very unsatisfying. however, if you're some gulag refugee then it will be perfect for you.
Was the ending in S1 satisfying by comparison?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, it was some of the best TV in years. It really slams the accelerator in episode 4 (kinda like S1 did with the ghetto raid) and doesnt let up until the finale credits.
Sorry dude, your opinion was void since that cutler stuff.

Thanks chuk

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
far and away, most of the story made sense and the acting was top notch and not overly pretentious in dialogue.
This just demonstrates how clueless you are about this stuff.

The ending in S1 was by far one of the most unsatisfying endings in any TV series. The entire season built up to some massive grand conspiracy only to leave you with unrelieved blue balls by the time the credits rolled. No one gave a fuck about some two bit rapist in Louisiana swamp after Cohle was meeting with the likes of Billy Lee Tuttle.

The story in S2 made perfect sense, if you paid attention. And the resolution was vastly more satisfying than Season 1.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Sorry dude, your opinion was void since that cutler stuff.

Thanks chuk
np, my opinion isnt stellar here either, some non araysar people claimed they liked this season too, though all have said its not even close to being as good as season 1

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The second half of season 1 after killing Remy was a huge letdown. Never had a desire to go back and watch the season after everything was said and done

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Almost nothing is better than season 1 why the fuck do people keep comparing s2 to s1 in terms of a quality entertainment standard. Yes it has the same name and yes its the same guy behind the scenes but it should stand on its own.

With that said, its definitely worth watching at least once. To tell people to not even bother watching it is a little harsh imo. Velcoro alone makes s2 worth watching.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Almost nothing is better than season 1 why the fuck do people keep comparing s2 to s1 in terms of a quality entertainment standard. Yes it has the same name and yes its the same guy behind the scenes but it should stand on its own.
do i really need to explain why season 2 is being compared to season 1? its because this was season 2 which followed season one. you always compare the previous with current. always.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
do i really need to explain why season 2 is being compared to season 1? its because this was season 2 which followed season one. you always compare the previous with current. always.
Im not saying NO COMPARISONS LOL, but more in terms of a bench mark. S1 critically acclaimed, then show runners say "but lol next season will have new actors setting and story!".

Now that s2 is wrapped up and people understand it had literally nothing to do with s1 it should be judged on its own merits.

khalid

Unelected Mod
It amazes me that Astro can chainwatch CW shows and the Walking Dead, yet is still able to come in here and bitch about S2 with a straight face.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Im not saying NO COMPARISONS LOL, but more in terms of a bench mark. S1 critically acclaimed, then show runners say "but lol next season will have new actors setting and story!".

Now that s2 is wrapped up and people understand it had literally nothing to do with s1 it should be judged on its own merits.
same writer, same premise about detectives solving crimes. Its comparable. The actors, setting and story may be independent of season one, but because its supposed to different, then you can still side by side s1 with s2. Its ridiculous to say comparing s1 to s2 is invalid. Its because of season one that this show ever got a second season. If the pizza man delivered this season's weak sauce story for the first season there would have been no second season

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
If the pizza man delivered this season's weak sauce story for the first season there would have been no second season
lol wut?

S2 storyline is miles ahead of just about anything on TV: cable, netflix or network. If S2 aired as the first season, people like you would be slobbering all over about how awesome it is.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Astro slobs the knob of every halfassed CW and Syfy show there is, then comes all up in threads about actual quality tv shows and acts like he suddenly has a sense of taste.
Well, that explains a lot. All CW shows are written for the 13-17 year old demographic, so he can keep up with those kinds of plots

what a dummy.