True Detective

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
VV dumps out enough guns to start a revolution, and for some reason has nothing on him in the car except for a pee shooter ankle piece, which he doesn't even get to use. Velcoro grabs a shotgun (a useless weapon unless you're up close on people) instead of any of the fifty assault rifles in the room. As shitty and pointless as the entire season had been up to that point, I was hoping at least the two of them would go out in an epic final battle. Has got to be the most disappointing finale in television history. It makes the Seinfeld finale look like a masterpiece by comparison.
Shotguns being useless at medium range is hollywood/video game bullshit. They will fuck you up from quite far away.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Ray literally jumped out to get shot to death which went against everything. He not only gave up on his kid he also didnt care about Paul and just said kill me

He looked up to Paul and Loved his son then jump out to get killed intentionally by Burris is Stupid

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Ray literally jumped out to get shot to death which went against everything. He not only gave up on his kid he also didnt care about Paul and just said kill me

He looked up to Paul and Loved his son then jump out to get killed intentionally by Burris is Stupid
They knew his position and were flanking him - it was over and he didn't want to be taken alive.

Also, they burned most of the guns and shit with the van after robbing the commie.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I watched the finale yesterday. I give this season a solid 6 out of 10. I would give the second half of the season a 7. I enjoyed it, but not nearly as much as the first season. The ending was depressing as shit. I mean, I knew it couldn't really end "well", but man.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
They knew his position and were flanking him - it was over and he didn't want to be taken alive.

Also, they burned most of the guns and shit with the van after robbing the commie.
what im saying is he didnt even try to take out Buress who he knows killed paul, if youre going to go out atleast make an attempt to take out Buress

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Season 2 was definitely better than Season 1. It had some misses obviously, but the whole thing was executed very well.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Went into this with no expectations and ended up liking it, went off the rails here and there but wasn't too bad. Maybe it was because I was only half watching the show while playing Shadows of Mordor but it seemed like Vaughn was channeling some Ray Liotta. Could just be the gangster role.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Shotguns being useless at medium range is hollywood/video game bullshit. They will fuck you up from quite far away.
Umm, no they won't. Average range for a shotgun is about 50 yards. When guys are chasing you with AR-15's, which are accurate up to 500 yards or more, you have little chance.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea this was one of those shows where there is no true consensus whether its actually good or not, but you ended up watching it either way.

I thought it was an interesting experience, maybe not an enjoyable one, but memorable and impactful. When your story revolves around corruption, its very difficult to stay in between the lines so to speak, as the structure of the show is inherently nebulous given the fact that its about people trying to cover shit up and be shady. Telling that story in a straight forward, viewer friendly manner isnt gonna work. So I think Pizzalatto deserves credit for tackling this concept, but also deserves blame for not opening up and letting other viewpoints cull his ultimate vision.

When your characters are saying witty things like "I came into this with my eyes wide open, same as you!" and "We get the world we deserve." it makes it hard for people to lighten up. So when Frank actually delivers a good line (when he said he drilled a new orafice so he could fuck himself after getting plowed by forces unseen) it falls flat because you remember him talking about blue balls of the heart and it loses its impact.

Lastly, Ray's demise was kind of stupid, but was self serving as it fulfilled his dream prophecy and catered to the whole "You get the world you deserve" "Im a bad man." trope. He could of lived and the show would of been better off imo. Franks death filled that angle nicely, Rays death felt empty like Homsar said.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Finally watched the finale last night.

That was the worst episode by far. This season was a shit sandwich served with a side of shit soup.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user