True Detective

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Thats the problem with shows like this, that dont achieve universal acclaim. People latch on to one extreme and simply bash people on the other end of it.

All homsar has done is defend his affinity for the show (while still leveling criticism where needed), as have others. All astro has done is shit on it instead of realizing that not everyone shares his fucked up opinion and there is a thing called middle ground.
well yes, i had some fucked up ideas about this season, like a cohesive story/mystery, a logical follow through with velcoro getting blasted by nerf balls and quality acting from actors not named ferrell.

i would be interested in the results if somebody ran a poll of posters here were
A) Very Satisfied with this season
B) Somewhat Satisfied
C) Indifferent
D)Somewhat Disappointed
E) Very Disappointed

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
You're as bad with posts as Big_Pizz is with the dialogue.

Actually, for the record, although I can't stand your incessant yappy posts, I didn't mind/liked most of the dialogue this season.
If you actually liked the dialogue from this season then fuck you.

Sterling

El Presidente
well yes, i had some fucked up ideas about this season, like a cohesive story/mystery, a logical follow through with velcoro getting blasted by nerf balls and quality acting from actors not named ferrell.

i would be interested in the results if somebody ran a poll of posters here were
B) Somewhat Satisfied
C) Indifferent
D)Somewhat Disappointed
E) Very Disappointed
My guess would be most people would vote B. Of course there's a bunch of people that seem to think everything is either A or E with nothing in between.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Guys, is Velcoro's wife's rapist the guy behind the cash register in the Miller Lite commercials? I think he is. Between that and the guy in the Lays commercial with his own documentary about his tiny penis, I just can't trust commercials anymore!

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm

B) Somewhat Satisfied
C) Indifferent
D)Somewhat Disappointed
E) Very Disappointed
This is complete shit, all season people bitched. I know myself and other mentioned not to complain about Ray getting blasted with rubber rounds. iI was constantly mentioned that it would get tied up yet you and everyone else couldnt wait for everything to play out

Season 2 thread was filled with your retarded bitching on why birdman didnt kill Ray.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Except that Rust lines were thought provoking and memorable.
lol- yeah thought provoking like, "What the fuck is wrong with Rust?"

When the whole supernatural angle turned out to be bullshit, it made Rust's ramblings sound like those of a madman, not those of some uber-genius. I loved season 1. I liked season 2. I will definitely check out season 3, should they make one.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Guys, is Velcoro's wife's rapist the guy behind the cash register in the Miller Lite commercials? I think he is. Between that and the guy in the Lays commercial with his own documentary about his tiny penis, I just can't trust commercials anymore!
Yea its the same guy from beer commercial w customer singing.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

B) Somewhat Satisfied
C) Indifferent
D)Somewhat Disappointed
E) Very Disappointed
B for me, although it ranged into the C and D range in most of the long dialogue scenes between VV and red. Honestly if I separated VV from scenes with his wife to everything else he did in the show it's like night and day.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I was somewhat surprised that Pizzolatto pulled together most of the story threads in the end, even if I don't feel he really did it in a compelling way (there was a lot of one character telling another character a bunch of back story/explanation in last two episodes). However, I still don't get why, if the two siblings were in the murder house and knew what was going on with the filming, they didn't take the video camera at the time? I get that orphan boy lost his shit and maybe that played in to it but he just so happens to return wearing the bird mask exactly when Ray does two or three days later? It's a silly coincidence that was only there to setup the gimmicky ending of episode two. I think season two had too many instances of this kind of coincidental setup for a supposedly cool scene that turned out to feel more like a gimmick than something legitimately compelling.

I would probably give the season a low B or high C on that rating system.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Thats the problem with shows like this, that dont achieve universal acclaim. People latch on to one extreme and simply bash people on the other end of it.

All homsar has done is defend his affinity for the show (while still leveling criticism where needed), as have others. All astro has done is shit on it instead of realizing that not everyone shares his fucked up opinion and there is a thing called middle ground.
To be fair Astro was completely incapable of following along from one episode to the next. It's really not surprising when you read his other posts where he struggles with even very straight forward shows. I don't know if he can't sit still or he is constantly surfing the net at the same time or what.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
To be fair Astro was completely incapable of following along from one episode to the next. It's really not surprising when you read his other posts where he struggles with even very straight forward shows. I don't know if he can't sit still or he is constantly surfing the net at the same time or what.
i was able to follow along, i just didnt care for what i saw. such is life.

Sterling

El Presidente
You didnt care about what you saw yet care enough to shit up this thread and attempt to make people feel bad who did enjoy it.

Thats the worse.
Some people that don't like something can make 1 or 2 posts or maybe even have a short back and forth about something then move on. Some other people need to drive it into the ground and try and convince everyone else that they're correct.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You didnt care about what you saw yet care enough to shit up this thread and attempt to make people feel bad who did enjoy it.

Thats the worse.
if i ever made you or anyone feel bad for liking something retarded i wholeheartedly apologize. everyone is entitled to an opinion.

that being said, fuck the censorship only show positives and no negatives stance. FITGDA

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
if i ever made you or anyone feel bad for liking something retarded i wholeheartedly apologize. everyone is entitled to an opinion.

that being said, fuck the censorship only show positives and no negatives stance. FITGDA
No one is saying the show is above negative criticism, but its a drag when you get someone who feels the need to convince others to abandon any affinity they have for the show because it didnt check every box to their liking.

I actually laughed at some of your lowbrow posts so I dont mind personally, but when someone decides that a thing sucks, but then feels the need to comment vigorously about how much it sucks, is either a tool, or REALLY fucking hates that thing.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i was enjoying hating on the show, much like i used to enjoy hating on the walking dead, then walking dead actually started getting good so i stopped. if season 3 TD is good i will stop ripping on it. i dont decide just to hate on something for shitgigs. thats stupid. i will hate on something that i dont like. of course i exaggerated to some degree, but thats just part of the fun. no doubt popsicle was doing the same thing. if that pissed some people off and it made them join in the conversation, then all the better.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah, I wasn't saying people shouldn't post negative comments. I was saying posting the SAME negative comments over and over doesn't really do anything. I'd feel the same way about positive comments but that doesn't happen anywhere near as often. It's just at some point it feels like people are just talking past each other and not to each other.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Everyone go shit up every thread, I should jump in The Walking Dead thread and make hundreds of posts about how terrible it is.

Astro was bitching about everything after episode 2 like it was a finale, For a month and a half Astro bitched about rubber bullets and couldnt believe someone could kill Caspere but not want to kill Ray