True Detective

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I was at least hoping for some bacteria or virus released because climate change. They took a bunch of good actors and made me hate all the characters and made me hate vigilantes.

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Reading this thread and the reddit post saved me 6 hours and a huge amount of frustration. Plus having to watch 61 year old lesbian Jodie Foster pretend to have bad sex. Thanks FOH!

• 4Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
To prove this isn’t just incel guys hating powerful women let’s give a compliment.

the cheek piercings cop actress surprised me. When I first saw her I thought oh god this is sjw shitntonthebmax. Googled her and saw she’s a boxer with very limited acting background.

the character was shit but I think that actress did about as good as you could with the material. For a person with no credits basically she held her own with pros and was good. My problems all stem from the character and writing. I mean she was an ad lib of every trope

“hey let’s make a character who is at odds with Fostee every step of the way. She will be a strong powerful masculine woman in a man’s world struggling. Also she’s a veteran with PTSD. Also she’s abused. Also she’s caring for a younger sister with mental illness that takes a toll on her personal and professional life. Also her mother was murdered and the case never solved. Also she’s bisexual and struggles with personal relationships with men. Also despite being Latino and from out of town her mother was a local Inuit and she never connected to her own native background early in life and struggle to connect to the tribe now being seen as an outsider who doesn’t even now her own native name. So also has a dark past that led her to leave the local police and transfer to the state troopers. Also she has some kind of native powers that lets her talk to and see the dead. L”

You could have picked 1 or 2 of those and made a compelling story. But this shit show just cheat code spammed every single background or trope they could come up with.

jodie is a single mom struggling to raise a step daughter. The step daughter struggles because she’s native and has no connection to her people because of foster. She’s also a lesbian. She also keeps getting in trouble for sex with children. She also is a protestor vandalizing the town that foster has to cover up. Foster is also a grieving widow. She also has a dead son that haunts her. She’s also an alcoholic. She’s also a sex addict that has fucked every man in town. She also has dark secrets and cover ups in her past. She also is fucking her boss. She’s also struggling as a woman in law enforcement who was transferred to the middle of nowhere. She also is a racist against natives because he lost her native husband and son and hates their culture because it reminds her of what she lost. She’s also taken on the young cop as a surrogate son. She’s also constantly being undermined by the men under her command that don’t like how she was brought it and pushed over them. So on and so forth.

he’ll even John Hawkes can’t just be a crooked cop. He has to also have the whole mail order bride catfish thing. He also has to have a son on the force. He also had to be abandoned b tv his wife to raise a child alone.

they literally do too much. They took there of east town and cranked it up to 25 and wonder why people hate it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Also, I’m shocked at the internets brigade of mentally ill sjws for not coming after this show for its blatant and disgusting romanticizing of suicide.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Also, I’m shocked at the internets brigade of mentally ill sjws for not coming after this show for its blatant and disgusting romanticizing of suicide.

right now its cached as "ITS INDIGENOUS BEAUTIFUL VIEWS OF LIFE AND DEATH IN WAYS EVIL COLONIZER MEN CANT UNDERSTAND". it'll eventually change into "FUCK THIS SHOW" when a few troons kill themselves and leave True Detective-made-me-do-it notes, cuz yeah, this show basically comes out and says "if your life sucks or you have mental problems kill yourself, you become a cool ass dancing ghost with unlimited oranges"

and yeah the acting, set design, technical aspects, everything was amazing. The crew of Hollywood still know how to do a bang up job faking reality. Just the writing was absolute garbage but not a huge surprise, in the new diversity model the guys who used to write shit people actually wanted to watch have been replaced by retards who see this as their way of changing the world

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
To prove this isn’t just incel guys hating powerful women let’s give a compliment.

the cheek piercings cop actress surprised me. When I first saw her I thought oh god this is sjw shitntonthebmax. Googled her and saw she’s a boxer with very limited acting background.

the character was shit but I think that actress did about as good as you could with the material. For a person with no credits basically she held her own with pros and was good. My problems all stem from the character and writing. I mean she was an ad lib of every trope

“hey let’s make a character who is at odds with Fostee every step of the way. She will be a strong powerful masculine woman in a man’s world struggling. Also she’s a veteran with PTSD. Also she’s abused. Also she’s caring for a younger sister with mental illness that takes a toll on her personal and professional life. Also her mother was murdered and the case never solved. Also she’s bisexual and struggles with personal relationships with men. Also despite being Latino and from out of town her mother was a local Inuit and she never connected to her own native background early in life and struggle to connect to the tribe now being seen as an outsider who doesn’t even now her own native name. So also has a dark past that led her to leave the local police and transfer to the state troopers. Also she has some kind of native powers that lets her talk to and see the dead. L”

You could have picked 1 or 2 of those and made a compelling story. But this shit show just cheat code spammed every single background or trope they could come up with.

jodie is a single mom struggling to raise a step daughter. The step daughter struggles because she’s native and has no connection to her people because of foster. She’s also a lesbian. She also keeps getting in trouble for sex with children. She also is a protestor vandalizing the town that foster has to cover up. Foster is also a grieving widow. She also has a dead son that haunts her. She’s also an alcoholic. She’s also a sex addict that has fucked every man in town. She also has dark secrets and cover ups in her past. She also is fucking her boss. She’s also struggling as a woman in law enforcement who was transferred to the middle of nowhere. She also is a racist against natives because he lost her native husband and son and hates their culture because it reminds her of what she lost. She’s also taken on the young cop as a surrogate son. She’s also constantly being undermined by the men under her command that don’t like how she was brought it and pushed over them. So on and so forth.

he’ll even John Hawkes can’t just be a crooked cop. He has to also have the whole mail order bride catfish thing. He also has to have a son on the force. He also had to be abandoned b tv his wife to raise a child alone.

they literally do too much. They took there of east town and cranked it up to 25 and wonder why people hate it.

You can have a great story with all of that shit, if it's the story you're concerned about and not the shit. When you start with a bunch of political shit and try to hammer a story around it, you're not making art, you're making propaganda. Scientists found a miracle, and then the mine starts polluting more which of course makes the miracle miracle way harder and faster so obviously the only answer is to collaborate with the mine to keep the miracle pollution coming. Then apparently none of the scientists were less afraid of the elderly cleaning ladies with deer rifles than walking naked into certain death on the tundra where they somehow got magiced into a naked guy hurricane frozen in the ice. Meanwhile even though it's the north pole in the dead of winter people are non-stop falling through the ice or chopping through it in 2 seconds because for some reason it's only 2 inches thick and seems to have babies underneath it half of the time.

What a mess. The ice caves were spectacular though. I don't know why I've never seen them on TV before.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I was on the Reddit and there was someone ranting about the scene with the Mid Wife delivering a baby. "OMG Look how the indigenous people had the baby, in a room of family all togetehr so spirtual thats how it should be, and we force women to sterile hospitals "

Do these faggots not understadn the Infant mortality rate used to be sky high, hence why we evolved to modern birth.

Jesus christ.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I was on the Reddit and there was someone ranting about the scene with the Mid Wife delivering a baby. "OMG Look how the indigenous people had the baby, in a room of family all togetehr so spirtual thats how it should be, and we force women to sterile hospitals "

Do these faggots not understadn the Infant mortality rate used to be sky high, hence why we evolved to modern birth.

Jesus christ.
Infant mortantily? FEMALE mortality used to be high; giving birth used to be dangerous for women. It literally was the initiating event that started the civil war that ended the Roman Republic. Fake Edit: After doing some research, between 16th Century Europe and modern Tribal Africa, a steady 1.5%-3.0% seems to emerge (30 per 1000 live births).

I expected the number to be higher, honestly. Some of that data is from baptisms in Britain, for instance in early 1500's, and ironically as hospitals grew but before germ/bacteria were discovered, they were the most dangerous places to go to give birth: up to 10% death rates for mothers, as hand/instrument cleaning and sterilization weren't practices yet.
"Doctors are *Gentlemen*, sir; yes I have a dead woman's uterus in my pocket".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

billymain

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
watched all 6 episodes when they were released weekly. never finished an episode in one sitting. snoozefest. already saw the woke birth scenes in house of dragons last year. you got a show with less lesbians and indian voodoo magic? be a lot cooler if you did.

spronk

FPS noob
haven't watched it yet but i hear monsieur spade is pretty good and just finished season 1, its set in the 1950s in france and is based on Sam Spade from The Maltese Falcon and stars clive owen

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
haven't watched it yet but i hear monsieur spade is pretty good and just finished season 1, its set in the 1950s in france and is based on Sam Spade from The Maltese Falcon and stars clive owen
What's that on? Sounds more my speed. Clive Owens used to be in some decent films, and he just sort of disappeared for a while it seems.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The comments about s5 are hilarious. Everyone hates that they are bringing her back to do s5.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
1708638553810.png

Bloys is the same guy that allowed D&D to shrug off their obligation for more seasons of GoT and turn in that piece of shit abbreviated season 8.

If he's running things now expect a dive in quality. As head of programming he never enforced even the most basic stuff like runtime guarantees on showrunners. He's a feckless hack.

• 1Rustled
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users