True Detective

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty sure a car battery would be a decent enough torture device if you hang jumpers on a quite sensible body part. Testicles, where the fun begins.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Why are you so fixated on the father in law? There's nothing to tie up with him. He was in one two minute scene and there was no allusion in that scene that he was anything other than an old rich asshole. Nothing else. It's not like they found an antler mask in his closet or something. I think Lost has permanently scarred some people into looking for clues and symbolism in everything and everyone that comes onscreen.
In the episode at grandpas, the girls are out on the lake they're fishing or wtf. Maise says something like "lets ask grandpa for help", Audry immediately replies something like "Not grandpa". Maise asks for help from grandpa anyway. So yeah he's a pedophile, only question is whether he is connected to the cult or not.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Rust and Cohle had came across lawn mower man on the case and didnt pay him any mind in 1995. Fuck and Suck (the black cops) did the same thing in pursuit of the killer in 2012.

TIME IS A FLAT CIRCLE.

MY THEORY....Black Cops will find Rust and Cohle in a comprimising situation and kill them, pinning the murders on them like they did to Ledoux in 1995. The Yellow King will continue to be free.

Every 1 Thing We?ve Ever Done or Will Do We?re Gonna Do Over and Over and Over Again

Rinse Repeat.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Rust and Cohle had came across lawn mower man on the case and didnt pay him any mind in 1995. Fuck and Suck (the black cops) did the same thing in pursuit of the killer in 2012.

TIME IS A FLAT CIRCLE.

MY THEORY....Black Cops will find Rust and Cohle in a comprimising situation and kill them, pinning the murders on them like they did to Ledoux in 1995. The Yellow King will continue to be free.

Every 1 Thing We've Ever Done or Will Do We're Gonna Do Over and Over and Over Again

Rinse Repeat.
Are you drunk? "Rust and Cohle"? What? Fuck and Suck are going to find Rust and Marty raping some girl? Yeah, doubt it. Quit capitalizing shit that shouldn't be capitalized. That's annoying as hell to try and read.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
This show has been so good and I'm very happy that it seems to be wrapping up nicely. They covered so much ground in this last episode, that I feel another 3 or 4 episodes could have worked very well, but I won't complain. We get 8 completely engrossing episodes with no filler. I'm happy there is going to be another season, butthey are setting the bar so high on this first one, I'm a little worried about the success of the next.
I'm a little worried about this too. But, wouldn't it be crazy if 5 years from now, season 1 is considered the weakest? heh

And thanks to everyone for the car battery lesson, as useless as it was. Who fucking cares if a car battery can kill someone, he was obviously going to use it for torture, not murder.

Fedor

<Banned>
Just go ahead and read the spoilers for episode 8 so you can ignore all the idiotic theories that come up in this thread. The show is pretty damn straight forward.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Are you drunk? "Rust and Cohle"? What? Fuck and Suck are going to find Rust and Marty raping some girl? Yeah, doubt it. Quit capitalizing shit that shouldn't be capitalized. That's annoying as hell to try and read.
Oh boo hoo, I mixed up the names and did Rust and Cohle instead of Rust and Hart. Cry me a river. Lame faggot shit like this is way more annoying to read.

As for the actual post, Fuck and Suck catch Rust and HART at Carcosa and pin the murders on them. The Cops of current day are looking at hart for this. the preview shows the black cops with a bunch of other units showing up somewhere. My guess is someone tips them off to Carcosa and they find Rust and Hart there with a dead Errol and possible dead kids. Shoots them just like they did Ledoux.

but way to equate comprising situation ONLY to Raping children. Sick Pedo.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I think we've seen the villain - The other guys were involved, but the Yellow King is the Lawnmower Man. Will be interesting to see if either Rust or Hart die. I like to think they're soulmates, destined to spend the rest of their miserable lives together.

Also think this could be stretched out a few more episodes, but not too pissed with 8. So many shows could take a lesson here.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I think the bar owner Robert Doumain might be the Yellow King. He has antlers hanging up in the bar which may be the detail that the detectives overlook.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm pretty sure it's the dude behind Rust here. He looks really disappointed. He is surely disgruntled and relieves stress by dressing up and raping little girls.

rrr_img_61772.jpg

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So glad everyones stupid ass theories were just plain wrong. On things that was the obvious stuff with spaghetti man ect and not shit like hart being the king because his hair is blond or whatever bullshit like a devils trap on his desk

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
So glad everyones stupid ass theories were just plain wrong. On things that was the obvious stuff with spaghetti man ect and not shit like hart being the king because his hair is blond or whatever bullshit like a devils trap on his desk
Well, now that spoilers have been posted and people have started using them, however obliquely, in their posts, I guess it is time to bid this thread adieu until next Monday.

Fedor

<Banned>
Well, now that spoilers have been posted and people have started using them, however obliquely, in their posts,I guess it is time to bid this thread adieu until next Monday.
Not saying you're one of these, but I don't think people who believe shit like Marty is the yellow king or Rust has split personalities will be missed. The only "spoiler" in this thread so far is that the retarded theories are just that: retarded.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I never subscribed to any of those out there theories, if that was your implication (you edited while I was posting, so I see that wasn't what you meant), but either way, just the fact that someone might come in and say "Glad to see that theory was wrong" (which you've just done, harmless or not) is enough for me to want to avoid anyone doing it to a more valid theory. Not everyone has your restraint (weird me saying that about Fedor, huh?!).

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I never subscribed to any of those out there theories, if that was your implication (you edited while I was posting, so I see that wasn't what you meant), but either way, just the fact that someone might come in and say "Glad to see that theory was wrong" (which you've just done, harmless or not) is enough for me to want to avoid anyone doing it to a more valid theory. Not everyone has your restraint (weird me saying that about Fedor, huh?!).
Last episode made it pretty cut and dry that spaghetti man is the main baddy and there was cover up / corruption all over the place a long with the director stating there isnt any retarded twist. Not sure how thats a fucking spoiler