Reactions: 3 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1707676410060.png

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
You claimed pizza man creates shows with good dialogue and characters. He does not. S1 was lightning in a bottle. I won't discredit the plot and premise of S1, but the dialogue and even the characters in S1 were only saved by acting chops. It's a good season of television. But... let's not praise the creator for things that were only saved by the casting director and the actors.

Best scene ofc

Which scene of the two above is your favorite, Khane Khane ?

Last edited:
  • 5Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1I Came
Reactions: 8 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
All this talk about "I don't like any of the characters" makes me wonder if everyones forgotten Breaking Bad. Not to say this shitshow can be compared to BB in quality. Just saying you can have a show where every single character is a hateable piece of shit, and still have a great show.

Not that this is a great show!

They got real close to Scooby Doo bullshit in the penultimate episode. Then the trailer for next week suggests they're not gonna end that way.

They've got one episode left? This is either going the way of Lost (some bullshit ending that doesnt answer any questions and makes it all meaningless) or "we'll let the audience decide what to believe, WOW we are so clever".

No fucking way they wrap this up.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'm pretty sure the ghosts are all in Navarro's head just like they were in her sister's. Probably should have seen Sol Star turning out to be a bad guy coming but it would have been nice to ask him a couple more questions before blowing his brains out.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
All this talk about "I don't like any of the characters" makes me wonder if everyones forgotten Breaking Bad. Not to say this shitshow can be compared to BB in quality. Just saying you can have a show where every single character is a hateable piece of shit, and still have a great show.

Not that this is a great show!

They got real close to Scooby Doo bullshit in the penultimate episode. Then the trailer for next week suggests they're not gonna end that way.

They've got one episode left? This is either going the way of Lost (some bullshit ending that doesnt answer any questions and makes it all meaningless) or "we'll let the audience decide what to believe, WOW we are so clever".

No fucking way they wrap this up.

I liked most of the characters in BB. I think a lot of people did. I liked Walt, Jessie, Mike, Gus, Saul, etc. Hell, I even liked a lot of the minor characters. Likable characters can do bad things. But bad characters are hard to like regardless of what they do.

• 2WTF
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
If you found any of the characters in S3 of BB likeable outside of maybe Jesse towards the end you might have a screw loose

• 1Solidarity

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
If you found any of the characters in S3 of BB likeable outside of maybe Jesse towards the end you might have a screw loose
Villains can be likeable, I don't think anyone's going to ask these characters to babysit their kids, but we enjoy watching them in their scenes. Even if for some reason you hate Walt as much as Skyler - Mike, Gus, Saul, etc. were all likeable to a lot of people. If no one liked watching Saul, do you really think they'd have created an entire spinoff for his character?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider

Maybe I have a screw loose 🤷‍♂️.

Would I personally hang out with Gus Fring on a Saturday night? No. Do I like watching him as a character on a TV show? Absolutely.

Liking a fictional character for what they bring to a movie or show is totally different from finding someone personally admirable.

I thought Heath Ledger's Joker was a fantastic character, for example, but he was fucking nuts.

• 3Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Yeah y'all are going with some totally different (and bizarre) definition of the word likeable.

Joffrey was a great bad guy. No one called him likeable.
The Alien in the original Alien was a great monster. No one called it likeable.
That annoying bitch who played the head of Vought in S1 of the boys was born to play that role. But in no way was she "likeable".

Nobody in BB was likeable. That was the key to getting the show. I hated it at first til that finally clicked then I loved that show. When someones really good at playing a terrible person, and the writers are really good at writing a terrible person, that doesnt make the terrible person "likeable".

Its bizarre. Its like arguing someones actually pretty because they played ugly really well.

• 2Picard
  • 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This episode was pretty terrible other than the last 5 minutes. They really started going away from all the super natural stuff that made it interesting. Dunno how they can wrap this all up in 1 more episode and make it satisfying.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Yeah y'all are going with some totally different (and bizarre) definition of the word likeable.

Joffrey was a great bad guy. No one called him likeable.
The Alien in the original Alien was a great monster. No one called it likeable.
That annoying bitch who played the head of Vought in S1 of the boys was born to play that role. But in no way was she "likeable".

Nobody in BB was likeable. That was the key to getting the show. I hated it at first til that finally clicked then I loved that show. When someones really good at playing a terrible person, and the writers are really good at writing a terrible person, that doesnt make the terrible person "likeable".

Its bizarre. Its like arguing someones actually pretty because they played ugly really well.
What the fuck are you talking about?

• 1Like