True Detective

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
So this is the way I see the cult and the story.

Rust was right...Tuttle saw something in Dora Lange he recognized and squashed the case.

This Tuttle Cult is huge and far reaching. They practice pedophilia and murder for mardi gras. However their lesser inbred kin from the bayou went to far. The Ledouxs and Childresses strayed from their control and were out of control. They had to help cover it up less they be found out. They never had anything to do with Dora Lange - that was all Lawnmower man and Ledoux. They did however have something to do with Marie Fontenot. That was the cult ritual. Dora Lange was just the inbreds killing Ledouxs ex cell mates girlfriend because thye were sick fucks.

So they did get their man, but in doing so found that there are much bigger things at work.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
So they did get their man, but in doing so found that there are much bigger things at work.
They won, at least on some level, their own particular skirmish in that timeless, unending struggle between the Darkness and the Light.

Life is a flat circle ...

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Except the Senator, of course. Eddie Tuttle might not even be involved, it could just be one of those awful family secrets. Jimmy Ledoux seemed normal enough, so it's not like a last name is enough to indict someone. The root of it all seems to be Sam Tuttle, who obviously liked kids and had a thing for virgin girls.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
One detail I'm missing, did they ever explain why McConaughey's character kept showing up in pictures in murder scenes, after they occurred?

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
He was running his own investigation and was in the crowd after the second murder was discovered. He was never in anything else.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Yeah its pretty well explained him being at any murder scene was him investigating the real killer.

The one thing I forgot about is the Green Ear Paint...Seems like that led them to the house too easily.

Like randomly "HEY WHY GREEN EARS I REMEMBER A GREEN HOUSE PAINT ALL OF A SUDDEN FROM 17 YEARS AGO UNPROMPTED". Did I miss how they put that all together?

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah its pretty well explained him being at any murder scene was him investigating the real killer.

The one thing I forgot about is the Green Ear Paint...Seems like that led them to the house too easily.

Like randomly "HEY WHY GREEN EARS I REMEMBER A GREEN HOUSE PAINT ALL OF A SUDDEN FROM 17 YEARS AGO UNPROMPTED". Did I miss how they put that all together?
Hart was staring at a current picture of the house as Chole said something like "come at this case green."

Fedor

<Banned>
Pn59GUn.gif
s3C4TJE.gif

pchxVoW.gif
m08I7Iq.gif

969av03.gif
xsuUZEg.gif

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
rrr_img_62374.jpg
I guess i'm maybe answering my own question, but was that nebula thing one of Rust's visions ? But what did it mean.
Did they explain any of the visions, hell I just figured it was just more shit about the darkness and life being a flat circle. Im still really glad the show was about the two detectives stuggles and finally getting their shit together rather than some stupid twist to make us go WTF? Going to rewatch the season over again knowing theres no bullshit and its just a story about 2 detectives with a lot of issues. Rust getting over his daughter and having some faith in life again was great, wouldnt have really cared for him to get handled and killed off that easy. also not sure if a repost so sorry

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Cant stop thinking about season two, if if was an all guy cast I wouldnt mind a combo like Gylenahaal/Rockwell Rockwell/Farrall getting back together or something like that. I would say Elba but he already plays a detective

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
So how many Emmys can one season of a show win, anyway?

The Silence of the Lambs vibe while he was chasing Childress was great. Tense as hell. I kept thinking all the guy had to do was light a match in that place.