Twisted Metal

Goatface

whole season dropped today, 30 min episodes. wish it was someone other than mackie

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
whole season dropped today, 30 min episodes. wish it was someone other than mackie

Don't think I've ever had a problem with Mackie himself, but man they have Will Arnett RIGHT FUCKING THERE so why is he not the lead??

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Not to bad so far, pretty much a cameo each episode so far so there isn't much of every character besides Mackie, and Roselyn

Mackie isn't too terrible in this, Sweet tooth is definitely great when he does show up

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Homsar

Finished the season, it gets better the more it goes on, show is much better than I was expecting. Hopefully certain characters arent fully dead since they don't show them specifically dead

j00t

i watched the first 2 episodes and i'm struggling to get through it. i'm generally indifferent towards mackie, but this style of humor is just not working for me. it feels like a poor man's deadpool? and there are some weird moments where the character is trying to be sincere but he comes across more as dopey. i like stephanie beatriz though, so there's at least that. also thomas hayden church is always great, but his outfit looks like a cosplay. like everyone else's outfit looks fine, but then here comes captain bright baby blue. like everyone had the same wardrobe except for him.

anyway, it's fine i guess. maybe i'll watch more... does the humor ever feel more... i don't know, put together? is it just the effect of taking a few episodes for the characters to get a better feel for the dialogue?

Homsar

Like I said it gets better the more it goes on, I think episode 4 is where it starts setting it's footing. It's definitely a cheese fest but they were aiming for it.

I did Thomas Haden church/outlaw show up before Sweet Tooth?

j00t

I did Thomas Haden church/outlaw show up before Sweet Tooth?
i don't know what this question means... best i can do is say that thomas hayden church shows up in the first couple minutes of the show chasing quiet.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
On the second episode and Wil is killing it as Sweet Tooth. Really enjoying the show so far.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
This is really inconsistent. It seems to alternate between good episodes and terrible ones. The dialogue and acting style just does not lend itself to the slower character building episodes. This really should have been condensed down to 8 or less and just keep the pace up.

Homsar

This is really inconsistent. It seems to alternate between good episodes and terrible ones. The dialogue and acting style just does not lend itself to the slower character building episodes. This really should have been condensed down to 8 or less and just keep the pace up.
Like I mentioned, I think the show hits it's stride at episode 4 or 5. The season finale really goes into the game mode.

Peacock has surprised me with original shows, so far I have enjoyed

Poker Face
Miss Davis
The Resort
Based on a true story
MacGruber

Last edited:
  • 1Like

j00t

it does definitely get better deeper into the season, but i think it struggles to be... genuine? like the moments that are meant to be creepy and/or messed up miss the mark just as much as when it tries to be heartfelt. i'm really not sure what it is... it's not a bad show, especially compared to disney+ nonsense...

Homsar

it does definitely get better deeper into the season, but i think it struggles to be... genuine? like the moments that are meant to be creepy and/or messed up miss the mark just as much as when it tries to be heartfelt. i'm really not sure what it is... it's not a bad show, especially compared to disney+ nonsense...
I would recommend this so fast over anything Disney lately. I don't know how peacock isn't a woke shit show

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
This was WAY better than I expected it to be. I'm not saying it is high cinema by any means, and it has a lot of problems, but I expected this to be Halo levels of shit, and it isn't. The humor style didn't bother me much, although at times it can be pretty bad. And you've got to accept the hand-waving or outright ignoring of continuity, where they run away from someone (Agent Stone usually) and yet somehow he's also ahead of them and they run into him again. Or a convoy of big rigs that apparently never stray too far from some lady's house, but also covers several states. It would have been great if they got rid of those inconsistencies, but it also doesn't really matter because it's a dumb show about cars and drivers shooting each other.

Mackie was ok. I expected to hate him, and didn't. I'd have loved a Nathan Fillion or Ryan Reynolds type instead (to go along with someone's Deadpool comment) because that's sort of the humor they were going for, and I think Fillion would have been perfect. But Arnett as Sweet Tooth was fucking amazing, and the physical actor was incredible as well. I like Beatriz as well, so Quiet was good. I can never remember his name, but Rafi from The League killed it in the one episode he was in, and even Neve Campbell was great for her limited appearances. The guest appearances by various drivers from the game were cool, even if many of them were quick and/or ridiculous. The F1 car being a prime example of ridiculous, but who cares??

I will gladly watch another season, and I look forward to it. I even attempted to watch on Peacock because they gave me Premium for free with Xfinity. But then the first ad played and I was like, wtf, I have Premium, why are there ads?? So I looked, and oh, you have to pay for Premium PLUS to get no ads...except we'll still put ads on our extra popular shows because fuck you, that's why! So back to pirating. I might let them play with the volume off though just to get some view metrics in, in the hopes that they make more seasons.

It was dumb, but it was fun, and I'd watch more. Sweet Tooth was by far the best part of the show too. As he should be, honestly.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This show is actually really awesome. I expected it to be really dumb. But they do a good job balancing the humor and 90s music with the ridiculous concept of the game. Will Arnett as Sweet Tooth is hilarious. Its a fun show and I recommend it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
A lot of the humor didn't land, but did manage to get the right amount of not taking itself too seriously while not being too stupid. Filled with easter eggs from the games and was hoping John Doe's story was going to play out like it did in Twisted Metal: Black which would have a crazy way to end it

j00t

A lot of the humor didn't land, but did manage to get the right amount of not taking itself too seriously while not being too stupid. Filled with easter eggs from the games and was hoping John Doe's story was going to play out like it did in Twisted Metal: Black which would have a crazy way to end it
There's still time. With the second season John doe can still win, and while its not a 1 to 1 translation, there is plenty of room for calypso to screw up john doe's wish

spronk

FPS noob
binged through season 1, fun and dumb. Not amazing, girls are bosses while guys are evil/retarded for the most part, but it moves along and doesn't take itself seriously

i've hated anthony mackie in everything he's done - falcon, Altered Carbon, crappy netflix movies - but he works well here, he is not a very good actor but that works well with a character who is pretty dumb and naive. Should lean way more into that in future stuff instead of trying to be a serious character actor.

Sweet Tooth definitely steals the entire show though, Agent Stone and Preacher (Jason Manzooks) were also great.

• 1Like