Twitch plays Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
It's complete garbage now, it might as well just be a tool assisted run playing the game frame by frame at this point.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea, the obvious answer to "can twitch play dark souls" is no, so now it's just a super slow computer guided run.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Can't believe they made it past the Asylum Demon, even with democracy.

Wonder if Dark Souls 2 would have been easier or harder. They'd despawn everything and lose a lot of souls, but get a straight shot to the bosses.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
It doesn't count anymore because the game pauses while they all vote on a decision, which takes absolutely all real challenge from this sort of thing away.

Everything they've accomplished since they turned Dark Souls into a turn based group voting strategy game is meaningless.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
You can pause dark souls?
Watch the stream. The software theyre using actually pauses the game while people vote on the next move. Literraly it is pausing, a single button press is voted on, highest vote wins, the game unpauses, the button press occurs, and the game pauses for another vote.

Its completely cheating and so nothing theyve accomplished since matters.

This includes asylum demon.

This is no longer twitch plays dark souls, this is twitch cheats its way out of a stupid idea gone horribly, hilariously wrong.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You sound needlessly angry about something that in no way affects any aspect of your life

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I didn't know they were pausing the game.

Tenks it affects my life in many negative ways that I don't want to get into right now. But with the souls series being one of my all-time favorite, and some pussy-ass bitches are pausing a game you can't legitimately pause - well, I am pissed. I may have just shat myself.

I just checked. I did.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
You sound needlessly angry about something that in no way affects any aspect of your life
No its just lame

Also, I enjoyed watching them roll in a corner of the pool for the first three plus days, only to teleport back to the bonfire everytime they succeeded at climbing the ladder out again. This decision sucked a tiny bit of joy straight out of my life.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
The original Twitch Plays Pokemon was actually really cooluntilthey introduced Democracy. Before then, we were stuck in the Rocket Hideout for 3 days but holy crap did we come close to solving it a number of times. We would've gotten it, but streamer caved in to retarded Reddit and implemented Democracy (pausing and then voting) just so people could beat it. But I don't think the point of TPP was to get it completed, I think the point of TPP was to see if it was possible. A lot of cool images/music/memes spouted from implementation of Democracy, but even so, Anarchy made it way better.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
not sure why you'd attempt to play a real time game. Then turning it into a turn-based game with democracy ruins anything it had.

Either way I'm rickshawing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.