Twitch.tv

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Started streaming a non normal game (ffxi on an emu server) and went from 1-4 to 22 viewers. What the fuck??

I guess niche games are easier to get an audience

Cybsled

Started streaming a non normal game (ffxi on an emu server) and went from 1-4 to 22 viewers. What the fuck??

I guess niche games are easier to get an audience

It 100% is. If you stream Fortnite, you're 1 of thousands. If you stream a niche game, you're 1 of a handful. It's much easier to get noticed and if you get enough people, you become the top streamer for that game (which helps draw more people).

Xevy

Log Wizard
It 100% is. If you stream Fortnite, you're 1 of thousands. If you stream a niche game, you're 1 of a handful. It's much easier to get noticed and if you get enough people, you become the top streamer for that game (which helps draw more people).

Just don't stream a game you hate just because it gets you viewers. I was streaming Legends of Aria and getting 25-50 viewers, but that game fucking sucked. I'll get like 1-5 viewers playing COD/RingOfElysium/Overwatch or whatever, but at least I enjoy those. I'll probably stream the new EQ servers, but I just feel that's so fucking boring to watch from a viewer standpoint. At least I can easily engage with chat constantly with that snore-fest compared to BR and shooter type games.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I love watching people play old niche games, such as Victoria 2, Morrowind, Titanquest etc... and even though these are not what you would call obscure games, they are rare to find on Twitch (at least live), so when you do find one you'll have a good group watching, and usually the viewers are pretty active. They're also usually more mature since the horny 14 year olds will be spending all their time watching some Thot fail at forknife.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
remember us when ur bigger than ninja
This one goes out to my boi spronk who told me I could buy and trade in 380 ps4's to local gamestops to get a ps4 pro and sell that on ebay to get a ps4 pro package with rdr2 and sell that game to best buy and use gamers club to buy rdr2 at a cheaper rate and return it and repeat

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
The best I ever did was streaming Faeria the very first time they opened the game from the Kickstarter (before they took it down and tried to make it more like Hearthstone). I was getting 40-50 viewers consistently.

For the vast majority of people smaller games are the way to go. It's not to say you can't make it on a bigger game, but it takes A LOT more.

Cybsled

People always ask Shroud for streaming advice. His 2 mainstays have always been:

1) play something you enjoy
2) if you want to build an audience, don’t pick a FOTM game because you won’t get noticed. Once you have a solid core, it is easier to build off if that

People joining twitch with dreams of riches frequently are setting themselves up for failure.

Needless

Toe Sucker
that ship sailed almost 10 years ago lol

thesushidragon is blowing up recently, that guy deserves it though lmao

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
People joining twitch with dreams of riches frequently are setting themselves up for failure.

I don't know, man. Spending a short 3-5 years to get up a loyal viewship of 50-100 people for what amounts to a fraction of minimum wage sounds like a good career move to me.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I farmed affiliate one week playing ES:Legends when they had Drops. Had around 80-100 viewers but most were just afk getting free packs =(

They did away with Drops shortly after unfortunately and viewership went way down. Was enjoying it though, got to BS with a few good dudes who followed me to Artifact but fuck that game. Was less fun than my actual job.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah I mean I'm not hard up enough to play a game I hate. I just stream everything I play

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There is a streamer I watch called Jardio. He is A-Mei-Zing Mei player on Overwatch, but he hates the game. When he plays Overwatch he gets over 300+ viewers easily, but when he doesn't play Overwatch he does under 30 viewers. He'll never be entertaining enough to be a variety streamer either.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm only entertaining if people talk with me. I am not one to hold a solo conversation that's for sure. Either way I went open mic this week