Twitch.tv

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think Mixer has the overall better viewing experience imo. It feels snappier, has less playback errors, and has a more intuitive UI. The problem is they got a few big names like Shroud and Ninja but didn't get any medium level streamers that people can switch between. When the big names aren't streaming, or are streaming a game you don't care about, who do switch to?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I think Mixer has the overall better viewing experience imo. It feels snappier, has less playback errors, and has a more intuitive UI. The problem is they got a few big names like Shroud and Ninja but didn't get any medium level streamers that people can switch between. When the big names aren't streaming, or are streaming a game you don't care about, who do switch to?

Mixer is an overall better platform, too bad it's the myspace of streaming platforms.

Cybsled

Mountain out of a mole hill

“random derp with 10 followers says something stupid, multi-billion dollar company crumbles!”

goishen

Macho Ma'am

Assuming you're correct. How many medium streamers are right for the platform? And, what constitutes a medium streamer? And what do we pay them to come over? Mixer, I assume, already has medium streamers. Why not just watch them?

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hiko is someone i watch regularly on twitch and he ranges from 1k-4k viewers. That's a lot but not the 50k that someone like Shroud pulled in. There's a lot of streamers like that on twitch but not that many on mixer.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
I dont think Mixer really has that many medium streamers at all. To me a medium streamer starts at 1K viewers.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Hiko is someone i watch regularly on twitch and he ranges from 1k-4k viewers. That's a lot but not the 50k that someone like Shroud pulled in. There's a lot of streamers like that on twitch but not that many on mixer.

Dude, he's a big streamer. He's just not as big as shroud.

Harris Heller (I think) did a thing on youtube on how much he makes per month. It's crazy. And he only averages 200-500 (although it's usually in the lower part) per stream.

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
Man that xqc clip cracks me up, i cant watch his streams but he produces some quality clips onnce in awhile kek

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Big...medium.. whatever you want to call it. The point is if mixer had 50+ 1k streamers in addition to the 1 or 2 50k streamers it might have a fighting chance. Currently it has a handful of big names then a bunch of nobody's.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
They already blew their load on Shroud and Ninja. And, I bet, that all the other big streamers (Pokimane, summit, Doc), all had a "sit down" fee. Where they had to be paid to sit there and go, "Nahh, I don't think so."

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mixer only has streamers who get 6k+ (a few) and those who get less than 1k, with the majority being less than 500, from the few times I've went there actually looking for something interesting to watch. It seems to have a far, far, far more narrow game selection than Twitch.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dude, he's a big streamer. He's just not as big as shroud.

Harris Heller (I think) did a thing on youtube on how much he makes per month. It's crazy. And he only averages 200-500 (although it's usually in the lower part) per stream.

Disguisedtoast put twice as much information into a video half as long. Maybe because he didn't stress so often how taboo what he's doing allegedly is.

• 1Like

Mick

<Gold Donor>
Big...medium.. whatever you want to call it. The point is if mixer had 50+ 1k streamers in addition to the 1 or 2 50k streamers it might have a fighting chance. Currently it has a handful of big names then a bunch of nobody's.
I agree 100% on getting 1k+ streamers. This would make the biggest impact over Shroud and Ninja.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Lirik is finally playing Minecraft. This is pretty cool. lol

• 1Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Imagine letting a kid who streams video games for money tell you how to be a man. I wouldn't take a big streamer seriously let alone whatever the fuck that no name was.

You know our planet is fucked when more kids want to be influencers/streamers than doctors and scientists.