Twitch.tv

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
DHS just came out and said it was "Wildlife Trafficking Across State Lines".

CnhZyGQVYAAooJX.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The fact he was hung and executed without knowledge is the part I'm pissed at twatch about.
For a left leaning company, they sure do replicate Hitler a lot.
For that comparison Twitch should actually have a very public kangaroo court for him, where they literally throw the book at him. Nazi chief Justice Roland Freisler was infamous for actually throwing the Penal Code at Sophie Scholl during the White Rose "terrorist" trial

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Supposedly some people in Doc's Discord (Maybe mods of his) said there were a bunch of people messaging his wife and she said they were fine. No idea how reliable that is, but maybe it's some sort of breach of contract situation.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Seems a lot of people are digging around to try and find out what happened now.
One of the theories, is him talking about David Icke, who believes in conspiracy theory of lizard people, and was removed from a number of media platforms last month because he came out and said corvid was a scam and 30 years in the making.

• 1Picard
  • 1Jonesing
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Seems a lot of people are digging around to try and find out what happened now.
One of the theories, is him talking about David Icke, who believes in conspiracy theory of lizard people, and was removed from a number of media platforms last month because he came out and said corvid was a scam and 30 years in the making.

I always thought the whole aliens/weird shit obsession was just part of the Doc character, maybe he's actually into that shit?

Oldbased

> Than U
If he was banned for lizard people and covid denial then it sounds like the contract was entrapment to rid him off the service.
If that is the case then twitch deserves the meteor shitstorm it is about to receive.

Cybsled

Mystery thickens. Checks his phone around 2:00 and his composure seems to change. From the end of his last stream, around 7:45 or so ends it pretty odd "We'll get through this...fuck..."

Merrith

Mystery thickens. Checks his phone around 2:00 and his composure seems to change. From the end of his last stream, around 7:45 or so ends it pretty odd "We'll get through this...fuck..."

That part all looks like kind of a bit regarding whatever the fuck game/thing he was watching there at the end. But who knows.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
This is gonna end up being something super boring like fraudulent charity drives or tax evasion.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'd be more willing to bet this is all theatre, and Doc and Twitch are going to announce some new reimagining of his persona in some grand WWE "Undertaker is back!!!" Fashion

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
He probably said American Inventor at some point in his past or wore blackface, and Twitch is just trying to figure out how to not get fucked by his contract

Merrith

Kind of surprised there hasn't been a legit leak yet. Other than some random speculations.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'd be more willing to bet this is all theatre, and Doc and Twitch are going to announce some new reimagining of his persona in some grand WWE "Undertaker is back!!!" Fashion

I thought that too until Twitch refunded people ~100k worth of subscriptions.

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
if it's harassment, why keep it a secret. There are plenty of names being thrown out there right now. Why is twitch refunding subs? That's the weird part. He could have been using twitch sub money directly (in a way it that money could be traced back to twitch) for something fucked up. Underage prostitution etc.

Fadaar

That guy
With them straight dropping the biggest of hammers I'd have to guess it's breach of contract or something else on the business side of things. Love him or hate him Doc was good for Twitch.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U
I'd love to see the reaction if Twitch came out and said white power is coming to Twitch.

• 2Faggotry
  • 2Barf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 6 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider

No chance of this. Perhaps a few weeks ago, but with the whole recent harassment thing going on at Twitch, it would be horrible PR. Especially for Doc as he is a mainstream name. Other than him and Ninja, I don't think there has been many others that have been brought on late night talkshows and the likes. I've seen articles on MSM news in Norway where they put his face as the thumbnail for the article on Twitch. Mostly articles on the rise of gaming and the money tied to it.

It took less than an hour before his ban was put alongside the harassment claims on Twitch on news outlets. With no info as to why it happened, it was automatically seen as a "oh is this why?" because of the timing.

There is no way Twitch or Doc wouldn't have seen that coming, and it would be bad PR for his name and Twitch for pulling a stunt like that in the midsts of all that is happening. The only thing that any insider has said so far is that it is not tied to DMCA.

And the tweet from shannon (previous Twitch admin) saying he was done, and not just on Twtich? That is a substantial claim for someone as popular as Doc. It would take something absolutely huge for other platforms not to welcome him to them. He might not get the millions of dollars he would have gotten just a few weeks ago, since a permaban from Twitch certainly limits his bargaining possibilities, but for him being "done" on all platforms? For youtube or facebook not to welcome in one of gamings biggest "mainstream" celebrities?

Even when Phantomlord was caught with the CSGO site scam a few years ago, alledgedly scamming his audience and using Twitch as his main platform for doing so, I don't think they refunded subs. He was just banned and even with the scam known, I believe he sued Twitch afterwards.

Silence regarding this case makes me think this involves lots of money, legal teams on both sides, and Twitch being very sure of their case beforehand. Only thing I can imagine is some sort of federal fraud / tax evasion or something like that. Where Twitch was greeted by the IRS/feds, all logs/donations/money information was gathered. Twitch then immediately cut their ties as to not be a part of anything tied to a federal crime. Refunded all current subs to clean their site of anything to do with him or money, especially the subs that are automatic / long term. No more money going in / out.

Such a case would probably also keep Doc from starting up his stream on any other platform until it is settled as well.

I doubt this case has anything to do with cancel culture. But of course, who knows today.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
the 4 completely unsubstantiated rumors going around are

1. he raped a chick at twitchcon, she has evidence and is going to the cops
2. he fucked alinity, she wanted a better deal from twitch they said no so she is gonna drop that info out
3. he was a member of a few alt-right discords (seems a bit bizarre to prove/ban over this, would FOH be considered alt-right?)
4. he is joining some chinese (tencent) streaming service as a founding streamer next week

it has been mentioned that the order to ban him was handed down to the team that handles it, usually they investigate stuff (DMCA, content complaints, etc) and proceed but this time they were told to ban him by higher execs.

his wife also posted on instagram that she is grateful for all the support she and doc are getting, etc, etc so it seems unlikely a cheating/raping/etc story is true, unless she is in the dark on it.

• 1Like