Twitch.tv

spronk

FPS noob
EDIT : Also, I'm thinking that Pokimane, beside all of her usual bullshit, is a smart business woman. She saw the way the current was going and wrote in some kind of deal where if mixer goes under, then she gets a golden parachute deal (say, a million), but that releases her from her contract.

what does pokimane have to do with anything? she signed a deal recently to stay on twitch, no company would ever make a weird deal "if one our rivals shuts down we'll give you some money and let you do whatever the fuck you want!!"

i still wanna know what happened to doc, i don't really care and it has zero impact on me but i WANT TO KNOW ITS SO WEIRD IN 2020 KNOWING SOMEONE KNOWS SOMETHING SOMEWHERE AND THEY AREN'T SHARING

/Just Chatting is definitely getting weirder and weirder, it pretty much stays in top 3 all the time now and 80% of it is thotts just talking about donations and thanking people for donating, literally doing absolutely nothing but talking about how they are happy simps are giving them money. What a weird, weird, weird world twitch has become.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

goishen

Macho Ma'am
What? You actually think there aren't managers and agents and lawyers for every one of those people? I wouldn't be surprised if one of them hires a publicist. If it hasn't happened already.

Look, Poki knew, or at least I'm theorizing that she knew, that if Mixer went under... There would be no reason for twitch to keep paying her. And there would be nothing from stopping twitch from outright banning her ass off of the platform. So, she put in a golden parachute type of deal where she gets X amount of dollars, but she's released from that contract.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You have no facts or information to support this, you don't even know what he was being paid by Twitch. Stop talking out your ass.

Streamers are a commodity. The people who watched this guy stream aren't going to stop watching Twitch now that he's banned, they're just going to watch different streamers.
You think so? If day9 was banned I'd delete my twitch bookmark. The very only guy I actually watch.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You have no facts or information to support this, you don't even know what he was being paid by Twitch. Stop talking out your ass.

Streamers are a commodity. The people who watched this guy stream aren't going to stop watching Twitch now that he's banned, they're just going to watch different streamers. I think there's more to the story than Twitch canning him to save money, but it's entirely plausible that Twitch was locked into a bad deal with the guy.

No. You only need to look at how Bezos manages Amazon's core strategy. Expand, reinvest in the company, and seize more territory very aggressively. Which is exactly what Twitch also does.

While big-name streamers are a commodity having a shitty deal with the Doc works towards their goal of aggressive expansion and growth. Firing him to save a few bucks does not.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really fail to see how any of this makes sense. You think Dr Disrespect got banned for some stupid technicality and they did it because Mixer went under, and they wanted an excuse to get rid of him since there was no competition? Am I following this absurd theory? Didn’t he just negotiate a contract to stay with Twitch?

GhenghisKhan

Molten Core Raider
It makes absolutely no sense that they terminated his contract for monetary reasons and he has said jack shit, especially since he is represented by CAA. I think if it was some kind of contract dispute they would have made it public. His silence is pretty deafening imho. The kind of silence mandated by a lawyer to protect a client.

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
so this is "Just Chatting"...

1593981963344.png

• 5Barf
  • 3WTF
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 11 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
You think so? If day9 was banned I'd delete my twitch bookmark. The very only guy I actually watch.

Pretty much the same for me with Lirik. I don't even watch live most of the time now, just watching his VODs in order. I'm like 2 months behind atm. If he quits (which he has been talking about sometimes) I'd likely be done with twitch as my 2nd monitor background noise choice and just do shows or something.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I can't see twitch banning doc like that, it's way too harsh. They could have forced him to renegotiate his contract or something .. or maybe they tried that already, but just seems way too fast and no way would it be in response to mixer. It was too quick. It wouldn't have broke the bank for them to ponder all their moves before outright banning like that.

I gotta believe it's a huge fuck up by twitch or doc did something we don't know about (or accused even)

Also if doc never streams again on twitch... which I doubt, it's a little ironic that he gave shroud and ninja so much shit switching and now it turns out they got the deals of a lifetime.

If doc is innocent, he should be pissed as hell and I'm sure he won't remain silent. The silence makes me believe he'll be back.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
There has to be language in his contract that he or twitch could not terminate the contract without some sort of just cause.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Like already stated by some, if he did something or accused of something, this shit would be leaked within a hour. Nahh, this is something else. Shit, this might be a publicity stunt over him wanting a prolonged vacation for all we know.

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
How do you nerds watch other people play videogames.. That's like peak laziness

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

All the silence means is lawyers are battling behind the scenes. No one will say shit until that is resolved and it is quite possible they wont say anything even after it is resolved, if they settle and have to sign a NDA about its details.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really don't understand the sympathy towards Alinity, or any other thot, that people express. It is an odd situation sure, yet she puts herself in a place where people can talk shit at her, and she does this for money. She does nothing else but sell her image, but somehow expects people on the Internet to be all happy happy joy joy when they watch her on Twitch. Just a bit delusional, I think.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
How do you nerds watch other people play videogames.. That's like peak laziness
You must not have ground up with things like an NES and friends as a kid. There was a lot of watching people play games.

Also, I tend to watch people better than me at games I could learn things from

• 1Salty

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I really don't understand the sympathy towards Alinity, or any other thot, that people express. It is an odd situation sure, yet she puts herself in a place where people can talk shit at her, and she does this for money. She does nothing else but sell her image, but somehow expects people on the Internet to be all happy happy joy joy when they watch her on Twitch. Just a bit delusional, I think.
She's a whore like every other streamer. Exchanging themselves for money. If thats to extreme for you they are dancing monkies.

• 1Like