Twitch.tv

joz123

Potato del Grande
You must not have ground up with things like an NES and friends as a kid. There was a lot of watching people play games.

Also, I tend to watch people better than me at games I could learn things from
Watching people play in person is way different from a stream.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Everything about Twitch culture is disgusting.
Look at how many here sub and donate to streamers.

Why go out and make friends and socialize with real people when you cant just sit back and look at a stream and think you have a social life? Just another aspect of how social media is the worst thing ever.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's sad how socially inept some of the twitch Simps are. Omg I just donated $500 to twitch_thot_04 and she said my name on stream. We are practically dating

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
It's sad how socially inept some of the twitch Simps are. Omg I just donated $500 to twitch_thot_04 and she said my name on stream. We are practically dating

How are your attempts with Vanessa going now that he's gone btw?

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 5 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Reckful's roommate made a post about Reckful's depression and stuff:

Pretty daunting stuff.

• 1Tiresome
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In summary, he just didn't want to exist anymore.

He had friends, he had potential relationships, he had a social circles, he had a game with a promising future and interested investors, and he was sober leading up to killing himself.

None of it mattered. He could never get out of the crippling depression of his own head and was determined to make it all stop.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Cybsled

I had a friend who ended up in a psych ward after a suicide attempt. His story about Byron’s experience rings true: the “low cost options” are zoos where they mix the seriously insane with everyone else and it feels like a prison and you don’t want to go back. The high cost ones are like resorts, but cost shitloads of money (insurance sometimes covers some of it).

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Reckful was essential semi retired from streaming but he was big deal to Twitch.

Hmm, was skipping through this a bit and there's a reaction vid too.
His final minutes in the reaction vid are ominous.
This was recorded only 3 months ago

• 1Blown
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Twitch is the ideal background noise on a 2nd monitor while you game.
That would make sense if Twitch was the only place to watch videos for background noise. Not like youtube with its billion interesting videos doesnt exist. Not like Netflix or Amazon Prime with its endless movies/tv shows dont exist.

Much like the thots and their girl friend experience, this is about a social aspect. If you just want noise there are far better places to get noise.

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My problem with youtube is that I've filtered my suggestions so much now that there's hardly anything still fitting for background noise. I actually want to watch most of the stuff.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
If you just want noise there are far better places to get noise.

Noise is noise and I've done it all, if I'm engrossed in a game then whats on a 2nd monitor/tv doesn't really matter. I don't see how there can be "better noise".

Personally, loading up a twitch stream is much easier than trying to browse a library of movies/tv. I'm much more picky with movies/tv.

• 1Like

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Alinity crying again, "Stop harassing me 24/7!!".

Drama = channel views = simps = donations/subs.

The twitch thots know how to work their target audience. Like moth's to flame. A lot of them play dumb/stay stupid stuff because they know someone will donate $5 "hahah no did u rly just say that?" just so they see their specific message

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I had a friend who ended up in a psych ward after a suicide attempt. His story about Byron’s experience rings true: the “low cost options” are zoos where they mix the seriously insane with everyone else and it feels like a prison and you don’t want to go back. The high cost ones are like resorts, but cost shitloads of money (insurance sometimes covers some of it).

I've worked at multiple inpatient psych facilities in the past several years. Not sure about what "low cost" means, but most cost between 800-1200 a night in my experience. In my state, insurance would typically cover this whole process.

It really depends on the individual facility if populations of people get mixed. I've been in a facility that had high and low risk pops, younger pop and older pop and severe pops, and a smaller facility that mixed everyone (partially because its small and lacks the room to separate them). I worked the longest in the facility that had 3 units of younger, older, and severe and I would say that if it was possible, we never mixed seriously insane. Even at the other facilities we had locked rooms if people were a harm to others to separate them until they were safe for the general pop of the unit.

I'm not saying their accounts are wrong because I imagine there is all kinds of craziness that happens in these facilities, but its not all facilities.

I'll always fight for more funding for mental health. Its not in its final form, not anywhere close, but it has made big strides from several decades ago of torturing and starving people.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Cybsled

Well "seriously insane" is relative to their perspective, not a clinical perspective. It's been years since I heard their recollection, but they mentioned there were maybe a couple or few people with "serious" psychological issues in the same section with them, including one that needed orderlies to step in and stop them from doing shit to another patient when they got in an altercation with someone over a trivial reason. There was other stuff that they observed/happened while they were there, but I don't recall the specific details anymore.