Twitch.tv

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
I dunno donating the the Yang Gang fund was pretty fucking pathetic. Any day now we can start taking Yang seriously!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
But it's free though. Somehow a twitch prime sub is the same as cleaning out 20k in savings?
Ok Karen
The free prime sub is interesting because if you don't use it you're lining the pockets of Jeff Bezos, and if you give it to some streamer faggot or thot, you're propagating the disgusting and socially destructive culture of Twitch. I think the best move would be to find some sort of educational channel, if such thing exists, and give it there. Or maybe one of the musicians that actually has talent.

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Slow
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
The free prime sub is interesting because if you don't use it you're lining the pockets of Jeff Bezos, and if you give it to some streamer faggot or thot, you're propagating the disgusting and socially destructive culture of Twitch. I think the best move would be to find some sort of educational channel, if such thing exists, and give it there. Or maybe one of the musicians that actually has talent.

i use my monthly sub to support WildEarth, they are a non profit that streams 6 hours a day on YT/twitch for schools and people and all the money goes to support national parks and animals in Africa

www.twitch.tv/wildearth

RiffTrax, Bob Ross (www.twitch.tv/bobross) are also great choices

twitch streamers can refund subs/donos anytime they want, once this news gets big enough those guys will refund all the money for sure. Its definitely really fucked up that under 18 year olds can donate at all, that seems like it should not be legal.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

Then who do they make it against, the parent?

Seems like they would want to avoid some loophole of "my kid spent my money w/o permission" "ok, here is a refund with absolutely no penalty to yourself or your child". I can almost guarantee that if she pressed charges against the kid re: the funds, then the kid or the parents would ultimately get fucked by the bank.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Then who do they make it against, the parent?

Seems like they would want to avoid some loophole of "my kid spent my money w/o permission" "ok, here is a refund with absolutely no penalty to yourself or your child". I can almost guarantee that if she pressed charges against the kid re: the funds, then the kid or the parents would ultimately get fucked by the bank.
The bank is going to charge back Twitch. It's pretty simple.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Just because she spoke out about it doesn't mean it's a new thing. Imagine most parents don't want to let people know there kids ripped them off.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I could name quite a few.
Donating to Democrats.
Giving money to the THOT of the day.
Living in California, Oregon or Washington.
Paying for sex.
Buying anything with soy.
Buying Chinese Covid masks.
Buying a dog.
Buying a plant based burger.
Paying your mom.

I could go on.
Buying a dog.
giphy.gif

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Just because she spoke out about it doesn't mean it's a new thing. Imagine most parents don't want to let people know there kids ripped them off.

Kids overcharging their parents cards, whether intentional or non-intentional, is nothing new (when I was a kid, AOL charged like $5 by the hour. I had won a large chunk of free time and then got hooked on Neverwinter Nights. I just played it and didn't realize I had burned through my freetime, then my parents got the 300-400 bill for the month lol).

20k is an insane amount. Assuming the parent is being forward about things, we can assume those donations occurred during a short time frame, since you figured they would have noticed large amounts of cash vanishing from their account / showing up on their statement.

The bank is going to charge back Twitch. It's pretty simple.

Twitch only has direct control over 'bit' donations, which is where a customer buys 'bits' from Twitch, Twitch gets their cut on the purchase, and then uses that currency to donate to the streamer through the twitch application/UI (with 100 bits = $1). However, most big streamers or simp collectors have direct donation options, which bypasses Twitch entirely because it uses a third party website (so that the streamer gets a larger cut). Kid was probably getting a major rush from getting acknowledged by the major streamers. Even multi-millionaire streamers will be dumbfounded when they get ultra donations in the $500+ range, and habitual donators will get VIP status/get known by the streamer. You used to see it on Shroud's stream...some rich guy from the middle east would drop thousands of dollars in donos on his stream.

The thing to remember, though, is a lot of times the banks eat the fraud because there is no one to charge for the fraud. If she charges the kid criminally, then the bank has a target. Yes, they're a minor, but that hasn't stopped major companies from levying financial liens on minors before. Or it could just be deferred until the kid is 18, then the bank puts a lien on the kid.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Twitch only has direct control over 'bit' donations, which is where a customer buys 'bits' from Twitch, Twitch gets their cut on the purchase, and then uses that currency to donate to the streamer through the twitch application/UI (with 100 bits = $1). However, most big streamers or simp collectors have direct donation options, which bypasses Twitch entirely because it uses a third party website (so that the streamer gets a larger cut). Kid was probably getting a major rush from getting acknowledged by the major streamers. Even multi-millionaire streamers will be dumbfounded when they get ultra donations in the $500+ range, and habitual donators will get VIP status/get known by the streamer. You used to see it on Shroud's stream...some rich guy from the middle east would drop thousands of dollars in donos on his stream.

The thing to remember, though, is a lot of times the banks eat the fraud because there is no one to charge for the fraud. If she charges the kid criminally, then the bank has a target. Yes, they're a minor, but that hasn't stopped major companies from levying financial liens on minors before. Or it could just be deferred until the kid is 18, then the bank puts a lien on the kid.
You are really overthinking this. The bank will charge back Twitch and the bank will charge back ever other service used to "donate" to the streamers. The bank will be able to do this with zero issues because the money was not used to pay for any goods or services performed. If the kid used his parent's debit card to order $20k worth of video games, it would be more complicated than a simple charge back because there would be a bill of sale and product would be exchanged for money. But since there is no exchange of goods or services here and this dumbfuck kid is literally just giving away his parents's money to faggot streamers for nothing in return, the bank will simply reverse the charges and that'll be it.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
What fucked up households where you raised in that stealing 20k from your parents was no big deal?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
My Dad would have literally torn my spine out through my mouth.

I miss him.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users