Twitch.tv

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
VODS only available to subs? Come on
Yeah, because the RIAA won't likely sub to me to search my content. Deleting the VODs does absolutely nothing if they're publicly available, so this is the next best thing.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Yeah, because the RIAA won't likely sub to me to search my content. Deleting the VODs does absolutely nothing if they're publicly available, so this is the next best thing.
Isn't it Twitch themselves searching the content for them, similar to how sites like Youtube etc... have to scan their own things based on what is provided to them by the MPAA/RIAA

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Isn't it Twitch themselves searching the content for them, similar to how sites like Youtube etc... have to scan their own things based on what is provided to them by the MPAA/RIAA
Don't know the specifics, and it doesn't matter, because their claim that deleting your VODs/clips is all you need to do has already been shown to be false. They cache your shit and have it backed up anyway.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Don't know the specifics, and it doesn't matter, because their claim that deleting your VODs/clips is all you need to do has already been shown to be false. They cache your shit and have it backed up anyway.
Right, so it's Twitch scanning and not the RIAA, so them being locked behind subs won't matter.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Right, so it's Twitch scanning and not the RIAA, so them being locked behind subs won't matter.
Twitch however can't sue you because they are not holding the rights to the music. So even if they searched and knew, it doesn't matter.

however if they pass it on (and really, why would they?) that's a different story. I find that unlikely. You got any hot stuff on your VODs that's still not nuked?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Twitch however can't sue you because they are not holding the rights to the music. So even if they searched and knew, it doesn't matter.

however if they pass it on (and really, why would they?) that's a different story. I find that unlikely. You got any hot stuff on your VODs that's still not nuked?
The way these things are typical setup as far as I understand them is that the platforms have a legal responsibility to scan their content using identifying data that is provided to them and flag content that matches, flags which are then available to the involved parties. So, a recording company has a dataset containing their music that can be matched against scanned audio data, it's flagged if appropriate, and then something happens to either escalate it into a strike or ignore it.

I could easily be wrong with this though as who the fuck really knows how this draconian clusterfuck works.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
When Twitch finds objectionable content in your VODs, they mute the VOD, so it isn't them flagging you.

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sen. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.) to turn unauthorized commercial streaming of copyrighted material like an album on YouTube, a video clip on Twitch, or a song in an Instagram story into a felony offense with a possible prison sentence rather than a misdemeanor

• 3WTF
  • 1Worf
  • 1Tiresome
Reactions: 4 users

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
Don't worry though assault and burning down buildings won't even get you charged with a crime
Yeah, what a crazy clown world.

Big Media is really trying to kill internet streaming aren't they. His donors, Comcast, Charter, AT&T, NCTA.

Either Justin got really lucky selling twitch to amazon or he saw the writing on the wall.

Oldbased

> Than U
Last time I watched Stephen he was doing bond shit like a year ago.
I know he did a bunch of gun streams but wtf. Does he service cell towers now?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user