Twitch.tv

iamragnarok

Trakanon Raider
I typically use the Twitch app but I heard people complaining about this earlier. Does using theatre mode get rid of it?
The new UI honestly sucks. Going to theater mode doesn't not fix it. Some people suggest using an addon to remove it. But personally I hate using one addon for one particular site just for one silly reason. So in the mean time, I just open up my browser's developer tool, locate and delete the retarded left pane DIV element.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I use it on a PC. Maybe it's certain browsers cause I'm not seeing anything different than normal.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
The new UI honestly sucks. Going to theater mode doesn't not fix it. Some people suggest using an addon to remove it. But personally I hate using one addon for one particular site just for one silly reason. So in the mean time, I just open up my browser's developer tool, locate and delete the retarded left pane DIV element.
If you watch Twitch, and you aren't using Franker Face Z, you've fucked up. The amount of customization options it adds is insane, plus cool emotes.

iamragnarok

Trakanon Raider
If you watch Twitch, and you aren't using Franker Face Z, you've fucked up. The amount of customization options it adds is insane, plus cool emotes.
I know, but I'm not a sub to anyone and the chat usually moves way too fast for me anyway. o_O

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I know, but I'm not a sub to anyone and the chat usually moves way too fast for me anyway. o_O
I'm not even talking about just shit like that. You can change colors, change things like spacing in chat, a lot of minimize options for the whole of twitch like hiding banners and shrinking side panels and stuff. Shit, there is even an option to any time you open a stream have it automatically put you in theater mode.

I can't imagine ever not using FFZ. When they switched over to the new twitch layout and it broke FFZ life sucked.

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
I use the Streamlink Twitch GUI to watch stuff on PC and then chatty (or some other client) when I feel the need to use chat. Their web version has always been horseshit and it got even worse lately.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Stolen from reddit on how to get ride of the side bar.

If you are using Chrome
  • Right click the left side bar
  • Click "Inspect"
  • Click on the weird text that pops up with lots of "<div ..."
  • Click up arrow until you land on "<div class="side-nav tw-flex-shrink-0 tw-full-height tw-relative">"
  • Press delete button
If you want it back to "normal", then just press F5

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I'm using a PC and Chrome and I'm not seeing anything different. WTF are you seeing?

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
These two images are what Twitch looks like to me normally/theater mode. In the normally one the top bar isn't cropped, that's how it looks, if you mouseover it it expands. This is with my FFZ settings. I can't imagine what it looks like for you guys. I could even hide the chat window by hitting an arrow if I wanted

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Oh, yah.
These two images are what Twitch looks like to me normally/theater mode. In the normally one the top bar isn't cropped, that's how it looks, if you mouseover it it expands. This is with my FFZ settings. I can't imagine what it looks like for you guys. I could even hide the chat window by hitting an arrow if I wanted

Oh, yah. There's some way to turn that off without using a third party app.

I just can't recall how right now.

Fadaar

That guy
I've tried to use the Twitch mobile app like twice and got pissed off both times. I only ever do desktop in browser.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Using an app means you let the devs for the service determine things for you. 99% of them are completely retarded. Stick to PC so you can eliminate their bullshit.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It was a heavily abused system where you'd see dudes playing under the girlgamer categories, unbearded dudes playing under the bearded one, and spastic kids having a shitfit every 5 minutes under the chill or relaxed streamer tags.

The new tag system is likely to be as useless as Steam's, so I don't think it will be much of an improvement.

• 1Dislike

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Supposedly, she let some 15 year old who said he was 28 manage her shit. Let's go cry about it on stream!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'm sure the desperate fools will be pulling out their mom's credit card to make it up for the degenerate that harmed their internet dreamgirl.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users