Twitch.tv

Szlia

I mostly watch small or medium streamers, but the only time I saw them run ads is when they go afk or at the end of streams ('That's it for today boys and girls, I'll end the stream with a couple ads, so you can stay around while they play as a way to support the stream').

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The ones at the start I don't really mind. I start the stream and mute it and tab out to something else while it's loading. Come back a minute later and it's done. Most of the streams I watch are pretty small and the one I watch the most it's a guy who has a career and works at home and is my age (IE old) and streams a few nights a week. I'm sure on some streams they would run ads all the time tho. I haven't seen an ad on twitch in forever, until today I saw one at the start of a stream but it was a stream I normally don't watch.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
I use Hulu for Stargate SG:1 and SGA only really. I don't mind the ads for those since each episode is like 45 minutes. It's the 25 minute shows where the ads get annoying.

spronk

FPS noob
https://kotaku.com/fiery-car-crash-that-killed-three-people-was-caused-by-1828591032
Eighteen-year-old YouTuber Trevor Heitmann, aka “McSkillet,” caused a massive accident yesterday in San Diego, California when he drove down the wrong side of a freeway and his car collided with another vehicle, killing two people and injuring one other. He also died in the crash.

Police confirmed this evening that Heitmann was the driver involved in the accident. Heitmann’s classmates also identified him to Fox San Diego as the driver who caused the crash. In a YouTube video late last year, Heitmann had showcased his black McLaren 650s sports car—the same make and model of the car that caused the accident.

what a fucktard, killed two innocent people too

While he wasn't streaming while driving I saw on twitch yesterday in IRL some dude riding a motorbike and streaming and when I asked chat if it was legal, they all said twitch allows it as long as the driver isn't interacting with chat. da fuq. How the fuck can streaming while driving be safe in any way, like some of your attention is gonna be on entertaining viewers. Seems like twitch/youtube aren't really being smart about this at all.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Plenty of riders record and talk during the recording when giving bike reviews. Lots of motorcyclist when riding together have Bluetooth communication inside helmets. I agree trying to interact with chat would be a big distraction but talking and driving isn't a big deal, same as in a car.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Some people can multi-task better than others and some people are also unperceptive idiots. Mixing heavy equipment/vehicles and high speeds into the equation tends to not be helpful.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
My Pi-Hole blocks all the ad's from twitch and youtube, only ad's I see are ones they feed thru direct stream, Youtube ad's are getting tricky now though, seems google is starting too rotate the ad servers, hardcore.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
My Pi-Hole blocks all the ad's from twitch and youtube, only ad's I see are ones they feed thru direct stream, Youtube ad's are getting tricky now though, seems google is starting too rotate the ad servers, hardcore.

This is the comment that convinced me to Pi-Hole. This one above all others.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Shooting at a Madden tournament in Jacksonville. I'm at work on my phone so can't really go looking for details. 4 dead 10 wounded

Apparently somewhat caught on twitch

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Right now in the IRL section there is a top stream called "Democrat Party" or something with some fat naked chick, lol.

• 1Jonesing